Guest pakistan

Hey everyone,

I have been following this thread on PomsInOz day and night for the past 6 months but had been so busy with work and new marriage to post here. But today I have all the time in my hands to write to you all as I wait at the airport to board my flight to Australia to be reunited with my husband. Alhamdolillah

Like you all I have been a desperate candidate for the PARTNER VISA 309 and how I got it is the most SURPRISING part of it all.

First ill give you all a little history:

Application lodged: 12th October 2012

Acknowledged/CO Assigned : 17th October 2012

Additional Documents/ Medical Requested: 13th March 2013

Medical Conducted On: 19th March 2013

Additional Documents Submitted: 25th March 2012

Visa Granted : 17th April 2013 (Exactly 6 months after Acknowledgement)

Now you all must think this is such a perfect timeline, nothing out of the ordinary but trust me alot went on during this period.

After receiving the ack email from AHC I was under the impression that it will all be sorted out easily as I had provided a "Decision Ready" application. But that is not true. There is no such thing as a decision ready application. All applications are same for the AHC. Because they have provided a checklist and almost everyone follows that and If AHC wants something they request it.

I would call AHC Isl twice a week to get an update on my visa. But I got no response, operator would pick up and transfer me to 15 long dial tones and then a message tone. And if ever I was connected to my CO or anyone from the VISA section, I would be so afraid to talk because I was under the impression that it might slow down the processing if i asked too many questions.

My CO on the Ack letter was Miss Z. But my case was handled completely by Miss K.A. In February 2013, my husband was in Karachi and he made me call AHC ISL as he wanted to talk to them and ask about my medical. Miss Z answered and said "Standard 12 months time" so I sat down quietly again. Depressed at the thought that ill have to wait till end of this year. My husband couldnt stay so long as he had work commitments so he went back. But he was very frustrated at the AHC so he lodged a complaint against them on the Global Feedback Unit on 11th March 2013. Two days later I got a call from Miss K.A. She said she will be my CO now and also said that my husband shouldnt have complained about them as she had sent me a medical request on 17th December 2012. If they had sent me an email about my medical why didnt they call me too ? or why didnt they do a follow up as to why I have done it yet. She was lying ofcourse. I never received that so she said I had written my email wrong on the forms. Then how did I receive the Ack letter on that ?? Right? So thats where I caught that AHC isnt as efficient as we think they are.

She sent me the additional docs and medical request letter 5 mins after her phone call. They wanted me to get my FRC made and 2 statutory decs (I had already provided 3 at the time of lodgement but they misplaced them). And more evidence to our relationship. I coudlnt get the FRC made because my husbands NICOP wasnt registered then and his marital status was still unmarried on NIC. So I emailed KA to tell her about this and she made me write a written application to the senior visa officer that I cannot provide the FRC. I did that and now the wait began. I expected that now everything was ready. I was hoping that within a week I would get my visa as said by KA but two weeks passed and no response. So I started calling AHC twice everyday and asked for K but she never came on the line. So two days back, this same week, I got very angry and I called AHC with the intention that enough was enough. I told the Operator very sternly to connect me to KA and that I had paid 2k AUD for this visa and if I dont speak to KA right now it will not be good. 2 seconds later I was on the line with KA. When I asked KA when would I get the visa. She said she was waiting for me to send the FRC and my file will go to the decision maker after a week or so etc. That made me so furious I told KA straight forward that I cannot provide FRC and I want my visa this week. I got a little scared as I had demanded too much but Allah gave me courage as it was my right. She asked me to give her two days and was not rude with me at all.

Half an hour later that same day she called me asking "How soon can I fly to Australia" .. I told her I could fly the same day if I had the visa. So I found out that my PCC had expired and now either I had to get a new one made (which I was not ready to do) or leave the country immediately because AHC could extend the validity of PCC for only 5 - 6 more days. So the next day... Which was yesterday.. I was granted the visa.

So folks dont be afraid to speak up. Had the AHC seen my file and not thrown it aside in a queue.. they would have known that my PCC was expiring. If I hadnt made that phone call two days ago I would still be waiting for my visa.

Step up and speak up.Dont be afraid to call them. You have paid for the visa. It will not be rejected. Atleast find out what the status is because they do not tell you everything completely. Find out if your medical has returned from Sydney office and approved? It shouldnt taken more than a week after that.

I used to be afraid to call them and would speak very politely. But one stern phone call got me the chance to be with my family.

Im sorry for such a lengthy message... I was summing up 6 months worth posts into one :wink:

I will pray for you all in my Safar that you all get your visa next week InshAllah but for that you all need to speak up.

Thank you for bearing with me.

Take Care

Bzness

How long is the PCC valid for? I submitted my medicals during the same week but still no reply from the AHC..:S

Hey everyone,

I have been following this thread on PomsInOz day and night for the past 6 months but had been so busy with work and new marriage to post here. But today I have all the time in my hands to write to you all as I wait at the airport to board my flight to Australia to be reunited with my husband. Alhamdolillah

Like you all I have been a desperate candidate for the PARTNER VISA 309 and how I got it is the most SURPRISING part of it all.

First ill give you all a little history:

Application lodged: 12th October 2012

Acknowledged/CO Assigned : 17th October 2012

Additional Documents/ Medical Requested: 13th March 2013

Medical Conducted On: 19th March 2013

Additional Documents Submitted: 25th March 2012

Visa Granted : 17th April 2013 (Exactly 6 months after Acknowledgement)

Now you all must think this is such a perfect timeline, nothing out of the ordinary but trust me alot went on during this period.

After receiving the ack email from AHC I was under the impression that it will all be sorted out easily as I had provided a "Decision Ready" application. But that is not true. There is no such thing as a decision ready application. All applications are same for the AHC. Because they have provided a checklist and almost everyone follows that and If AHC wants something they request it.

I would call AHC Isl twice a week to get an update on my visa. But I got no response, operator would pick up and transfer me to 15 long dial tones and then a message tone. And if ever I was connected to my CO or anyone from the VISA section, I would be so afraid to talk because I was under the impression that it might slow down the processing if i asked too many questions.

My CO on the Ack letter was Miss Z. But my case was handled completely by Miss K.A. In February 2013, my husband was in Karachi and he made me call AHC ISL as he wanted to talk to them and ask about my medical. Miss Z answered and said "Standard 12 months time" so I sat down quietly again. Depressed at the thought that ill have to wait till end of this year. My husband couldnt stay so long as he had work commitments so he went back. But he was very frustrated at the AHC so he lodged a complaint against them on the Global Feedback Unit on 11th March 2013. Two days later I got a call from Miss K.A. She said she will be my CO now and also said that my husband shouldnt have complained about them as she had sent me a medical request on 17th December 2012. If they had sent me an email about my medical why didnt they call me too ? or why didnt they do a follow up as to why I have done it yet. She was lying ofcourse. I never received that so she said I had written my email wrong on the forms. Then how did I receive the Ack letter on that ?? Right? So thats where I caught that AHC isnt as efficient as we think they are.

She sent me the additional docs and medical request letter 5 mins after her phone call. They wanted me to get my FRC made and 2 statutory decs (I had already provided 3 at the time of lodgement but they misplaced them). And more evidence to our relationship. I coudlnt get the FRC made because my husbands NICOP wasnt registered then and his marital status was still unmarried on NIC. So I emailed KA to tell her about this and she made me write a written application to the senior visa officer that I cannot provide the FRC. I did that and now the wait began. I expected that now everything was ready. I was hoping that within a week I would get my visa as said by KA but two weeks passed and no response. So I started calling AHC twice everyday and asked for K but she never came on the line. So two days back, this same week, I got very angry and I called AHC with the intention that enough was enough. I told the Operator very sternly to connect me to KA and that I had paid 2k AUD for this visa and if I dont speak to KA right now it will not be good. 2 seconds later I was on the line with KA. When I asked KA when would I get the visa. She said she was waiting for me to send the FRC and my file will go to the decision maker after a week or so etc. That made me so furious I told KA straight forward that I cannot provide FRC and I want my visa this week. I got a little scared as I had demanded too much but Allah gave me courage as it was my right. She asked me to give her two days and was not rude with me at all.

Half an hour later that same day she called me asking "How soon can I fly to Australia" .. I told her I could fly the same day if I had the visa. So I found out that my PCC had expired and now either I had to get a new one made (which I was not ready to do) or leave the country immediately because AHC could extend the validity of PCC for only 5 - 6 more days. So the next day... Which was yesterday.. I was granted the visa.

So folks dont be afraid to speak up. Had the AHC seen my file and not thrown it aside in a queue.. they would have known that my PCC was expiring. If I hadnt made that phone call two days ago I would still be waiting for my visa.

Step up and speak up.Dont be afraid to call them. You have paid for the visa. It will not be rejected. Atleast find out what the status is because they do not tell you everything completely. Find out if your medical has returned from Sydney office and approved? It shouldnt taken more than a week after that.

I used to be afraid to call them and would speak very politely. But one stern phone call got me the chance to be with my family.

Im sorry for such a lengthy message... I was summing up 6 months worth posts into one :wink:

I will pray for you all in my Safar that you all get your visa next week InshAllah but for that you all need to speak up.

Thank you for bearing with me.

Take Care

Bzness

Thank you so much for that BZness, really glad to hear you got your visa.

Just been over a month since my Wife applied for her visa, but im thinking about giving AHC a call and finding out what's the status or any progression on the Medicals.

Thanks Xarabb, aussiegirlbay and FirstKnight for all of your comments.

By FRC i meant the one from Nadra. I already sent them my wife's Form 54

and by decision ready application i meant providing everything that they required for partner visa processing

DHL delivered the application last week Tuesday and we still haven't received an acknowledgement letter. This is really frustrating

Don't be frustrated, it's just a week..they will definitely get back in few days. Good Luck

AGB

Thanks Xarabb, aussiegirlbay and FirstKnight for all of your comments.

By FRC i meant the one from Nadra. I already sent them my wife's Form 54

and by decision ready application i meant providing everything that they required for partner visa processing

DHL delivered the application last week Tuesday and we still haven't received an acknowledgement letter. This is really frustrating

Hi,

I’m not here for argument.

The DRC (Decision Ready Cases) do exists these days, as for 3 years of marriage plus kid are considered as on-going genuine relationship and can lead to direct PR visa application, if DIAC advised it so, that happened with my husband’s friend. It was in the past and still in effect though processing time was short in those days where as currently it can take up to 15 months unofficially.

As I said in my few other posts, DRC were on spot onshore visas till 2012, either it was a marriage case or De Facto case, there’s no argument on it.

Below are my findings for current DRC:

DRC (Decision ready means that all documentation has been submitted with the application, and there is nothing outstanding, including health and police checks.

If any document is missing the visa application is not regarded as decision ready at the time of application.

Migration agents to indicate in a covering letter that the application is decision ready, and frontloaded with all the relevant forms, certificates, health and police checks are at the top of the application.

Cases are screened for decision readiness on lodgment. DIAC also seeks to identify where cases become decision ready while queued, and where these can be identified, and then they prioritized for finalization. Applications which have not been accompanied by relevant penal and health clearances are not decision ready.

If the case is not considered by DIAC to be decision ready, then DIAC request for specific additional information once the application reaches the front of the queue. Where additional information or clarification is required and the Immigration officer believes that this can be obtained by telephone or email, then they will do so.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Hi.. there is as such no 'Decision Ready Visa' or 'married for 3 years' condition for Applicant who apply for Partner Visa if they are legally married it is acceptable, all they have to provide is Evidences etc. This applies to Defacto Visa applicant as well.

When an Applicant sends all the 'Required Documents' as per the Check List then it is considered as 'Decision Ready Application'.

Best,

Aussie Girl Bay

Hi,

In the interest of people I have found few articles that attributed to ASIO delay in processing and ASIO Security assessment function.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-03-01/asios-security-check-logjam-revealed/1962922

I know its old news but still in effect as boats are still going in to OZ.

Here is the Australian National Audit Office report on ASIO processes (Check Para #s: 1-6 & 14-19)

http://www.anao.gov.au/Publications/Audit-Reports/2011-2012/Security-Assessments-of-Individuals/Audit-brochure

Internal and External Checks:

DAIC can call for “Internal Checks”, DIAC contact the local embassy and ask them to check things such as university degree verification, employment past and present. Local embassy with the help of third party arrangement performs these checks. You never know when someone pops in as a fake inspector and ask for details on someone’s employment tenure.

“External Checks” are done by ASIO and DIAC has no control of such systems, they just acted on ASIO input. ASIO itself has no decision making authority, it only provide advice/recommendations.

No time frame so far for external checks, used to be 37 days turnaround time in the past now that’s a part of history.

Another question is What actually ASIO checks?

ASIO

The Security Assessment Function

ASIO’s Security Assessment function is an important component of Australia’s national security defences.

For example, in the issuing of passports, granting of visas, granting of access to sensitive government information (security clearances), and access to restricted areas such as ports and airports and sensitive goods.

Security Assessments are not, however, an end in themselves. And they only consider factors related to ‘security’, which in practice is usually terrorism; other forms of politically motivated violence; espionage and foreign interference; and threats to Australia’s territorial and border integrity.

Security Assessments are not character checks and character factors such as criminal history, dishonesty or deceit are only relevant to ASIO’s advice if they have a bearing on security considerations. Character is not itself sufficient grounds for ASIO to make an adverse security finding.

Most ASIO Security Assessments are made at the request of another department or agency, though ASIO can – and particularly in relation to passports does – issue assessments as a consequence of an ASIO intelligence investigation.

Security Assessments can range from a simple check of personal details against ASIO’s intelligence holdings, to an in-depth intelligence investigation to determine the nature and extent of an identified threat to Australia’s national security. Each Security Assessment is handled on a case-by-case basis.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Can anyone tell me what is the officially stated time period for security checks done by ASIO.

I know it depends on case to case..but what is the general time ?

Guys, does any one knows how much time visitor visa grant is taking now a days?

Website says 4-6 weeks, but we all know how Pakistani timelines can vary greatly. :)

Processing time is 30 calender days.. but usually they finalize visit visa applications in 12-15 days..