Guest pakistan

Hi I have been following this website for a while but never bothered registering. I am a female applicant for a partner visa.

The problem with us Pakistanis is that we consider a person in authority to be a God. We all will deny this but this is how it is..

In our case, these case officers are considered to be gods who cant be questioned. Time and time again I have seen people too scared to even ask them for a progress of their application. This is ridiculous. These case officers are nothing but government employees who get paid to do their job.

And being spouses to Australian citizens and having paid huge partner visa fees it is our right to get the best service available.

The problem is that these lazy ass case officers know that we are too scared to question them. Some may say that they could be under resourced.. but why??? we pay huge fees for our visas. why cant they hire more people to work for them?? the department earns billions and billions in revenue from these applications and they fail to provide up to standard service to their clients.

I say we all complain to global feedback unit if we dont get better service. I have been doing the same. If i dont get a reply back I complain straight away!!!

Dont let your application lie in a pile of rubbish and let these case officers get away with it while they enjoy their tequila shots in five star hotels in Islamabad! Speak up and things will improve..

You very welcome ETP.

No she won't and even if she then you shouldn't be worried about it. As a matter of fact, medical result comes with in 24hrs min, max 48hrs and medical is the last requirement so what is left after this....guess nothing except VISA GRANT. According to CO's once file is complete they send it for Decision which basically goes in a Queue, so from Queue to Visa Grant it's roughly 1-2 weeks. So please don't hesitate to contact your CO everyday even twice a day :P

Hope & pray you get your grant soon.

Best,

Aussie Girl Bay

Thanks AGB for the advice, I hope she will not get offended by the calls :)
you give AHC/CO a call everyday till you get your visa grant!!

Best,

AGB

I received an email stating that my police clearance has been expired and i need to make PCC again, i was under the impression that the clearance was valid for 12months :S..where as it got expired in 6months...i am not in town and getting to make my PCC being overseas it frustrating :@

Hi..

Please read page 3 of this link and you can quote this to your CO:

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/character-requirements/character-penal.pdf

Hope this helps.

Best,

Aussie Girl Bay

I received an email stating that my police clearance has been expired and i need to make PCC again, i was under the impression that the clearance was valid for 12months :S..where as it got expired in 6months...i am not in town and getting to make my PCC being overseas it frustrating :@

Thanks alot, really very nice of you :)

I'll try to practice it :D

You very welcome ETP.

No she won't and even if she then you shouldn't be worried about it. As a matter of fact, medical result comes with in 24hrs min, max 48hrs and medical is the last requirement so what is left after this....guess nothing except VISA GRANT. According to CO's once file is complete they send it for Decision which basically goes in a Queue, so from Queue to Visa Grant it's roughly 1-2 weeks. So please don't hesitate to contact your CO everyday even twice a day :P

Best,

Aussie Girl Bay

Thanks AGB for the advice, I hope she will not get offended by the calls :)

You very welcome ETP.

Best,

Aussie Girl Bay

for me it has been now 5 weeks after medical :/

Edited by rackspace

Hey XEN,

My CO told me that my PCC had expired after 6 months when I finally got hold of her and asked for my visa as it was almost going to be about one month till my med were submitted.

In my case, my PCC had been expired for only 2 days when my CO told me about it. She asked me if I could leave the country right away, If yes only then AHC could prolong my PCC for 5-6 days MAX. I gave her the guarantee that I will make preparations to leave. The next day she gave me the VISA GRANT before 12pm.

If you have a copy of the PCC then check which date it was created?... If you think that the same case can be applied to you then great but if your PCC has been expired for almost about two weeks or more then you will have to get a new one made :(

Anyone's PCC got expired in 6-7months time?
Edited by BZness

Can you please tell me how much time it took for visa grant to come after submitting medicals/PCC?

Hey XEN,

My CO told me that my PCC had expired after 6 months when I finally got hold of her and asked for my visa as it was almost going to be about one month till my med were submitted.

In my case, my PCC had been expired for only 2 days when my CO told me about it. She asked me if I could leave the country right away, If yes only then AHC could prolong my PCC for 5-6 days MAX. I gave her the guarantee that I will make preparations to leave. The next day she gave me the VISA GRANT before 12pm.

If you have a copy of the PCC then check which date it was created?... If you think that the same case can be applied to you then great but if your PCC has been expired for almost about two weeks or more then you will have to get a new one made :(

Can you please tell me how much time it took for visa grant to come after submitting medicals/PCC?

Before for Female applicants they were finalizing the case within 4 weeks after submitting Medicals but now they are taking long even few applicants got the visa one week after submitting the medicals but now as i read on other threads as well medical clearance is taking long because of backlog at IOM Sydney so it takes one and half months and i think ur wife also submitted Medicals on March 25th its beyond time limit so lets see

Hey guyz

just sent an email to Ms K. got an automated reply that she is out of office from May 13 to 5th Aug :chatterbox:. I guess we will be waiting for the visa grant for a while now. Just sit back and pray.... :cry:

dear meeeeee ..nearly 2.5 months holidays :P

no, don't worry, there will always be someone who take charge of stuff in other's absence so not all applicants really have to wait till Ma'm gets back from holidays :P

Best,

Aussie Girl Bay

Hey guyz

just sent an email to Ms K. got an automated reply that she is out of office from May 13 to 5th Aug :chatterbox:. I guess we will be waiting for the visa grant for a while now. Just sit back and pray.... :cry:

Hey guyz

I aslo called them today and Miss K.A is on leaves for 3 Months and Miss Tatheer will take care of her cases and she was also not available today , security checks and Medical clearance is still in process :(

Rackspace have u got any confirmation that Medicals are clear or not or u tried to call them or not ???? your wife submitted medicals on same date 25th March , try to call them and get an update bro....

hi, bro

i was confirmed 7 months ago that my medical was clear. SC r still in process. for last 12 months my SC r in process. so pray for security checks. i think medical z not a big issue even though they r bz now a days.

​praying for all

hi, bro

i was confirmed 7 months ago that my medical was clear. SC r still in process. for last 12 months my SC r in process. so pray for security checks. i think medical z not a big issue even though they r bz now a days.

​praying for all

So bro when did u applied ? have u added ur details in Spreadsheept please do it ,it will be helpful for new applicants,below is the link and bro really dont know how they do SC ..... i am fed up

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...lpaM0lENldJTkE

Rackspace can i ask you if you emailed/called your case officer regularly after submitting your application? It's been two months since my wife submitted her application, I have not heard a thing nor have i contacted AHS or CO.