Guest pakistan

10 months!! this is great.. im keeping my hopes high now.. firstknight you're next maybe!

Well bro , i have seen male applicants still wait for 2 to 3 months after done with Medicals but i wish as my CO said that if the Medicals will be clear then she will get it finalized within 12 months time line and it is my 12th month so i wish and pray that they grant the visa soon with Allah's blessing... :) wish you good luck too and all the rest of us waiting for the visa that Allah help us and give AHC courage to finalize the cases ASAP as everyone is really missing their better halves Ameen

Edited by FirstKnight

Well bro , i have seen male applicants still wait for 2 to 3 months after done with Medicals but i wish as my CO said that if the Medicals will be clear then she will get it finalized within 12 months time line and it is my 12th month so i wish and pray that they grant the visa soon with Allah's blessing... :) wish you good luck too and all the rest of us waiting for the visa that Allah help us and give AHC courage to finalize the cases ASAP as everyone is really missing their better halves Ameen

hope for the best :)

How do you contact your CO? Only given her name in the acknowledgement letter.

You can contact her by email (use the same email address through which you received acknowledgement letter) do mention applicant Full Name, Date of Birth & Case Reference Number. You can also contact CO through Phone, simply tell operator your Case Officer name. Ta

Life is a one way ticket into this world and no one knew when he/she departs. You are out of sync here; this blog is not the place for showing your frustration. Immigration procedure and policies are clearly visible on websites. Blogs and forums are the place where people share their experiences, and these are not available on immigration or migration agent websites. We learn from others experiences, if someone had shared his/her experience we should be thankful and show some respect to them as they might have saved number of people from the same experience which they have faced or facing.

Everyone’s case is different so as different exposures and different experiences and different technicalities. People out there sharing numerous amount of information, it’s up to the individual to verify it with other sources. Before applying for visa, people already have gone into the hardship of decision making process and once application is lodged this hardship grows many folds. Embassies do not provide answers on all questions; they have time constraint and orders from top. No matter how much grown up a person is and how much professional they are, if they have applied for immigration, sooner than later those people will notice that they are in same boat with others. I like to watch your messages as the time passes, if you have applied.

Hope this might help you in developing your understanding.

Clearly you are upset with my post. Very few people share their experiences here.....mostly it is not very beneficial to read the posts being made here. All I am saying is to limit the frustration here and post some meaningful and helpful information - simply asking how long will my visa take again and again is not going to help. I do not understand why people are worried before the 6-9 months time has not passed? what is the fuss about? if you are so needy, why do not you go and live where your spouse is until visa is granted? now this we cannot do but will ask all sorts of questions here for which there is no answer - complete waste of time. Yes we should show respect to people who share their experiences i.e if they do so. Have you thought about this - that some might read from this post and start to get worried about their situation? only to find out that the person read it somewhere from the internet? has no merit whatsoever....how much hurt and worry would come to this person? this world is full of intellectuals and non intellectuals as well. Not everyone is good at reading and putting things into perspective. So please save some trouble and only post what you have heard from your case officer and quote your circumstances so some context can be seen and understood. this is sharing experience....not asking again and again when will my visa be granted. I have stopped driving so many times just to read a post that has been made and only to find out that it is not really helpful.

There is nothing wrong with the people, it's only human nature to be curious & concern once they are in the game. It's pretty obvious that one can't ask all questions from the embassy, also this is a forum to share thoughts/ideas/questions so one can't restrict others. I agree reading stuff online & believing is wrong but I guess people share so that they get clarity (it will only confuse someone who is gonna believe such internet stuff).

In my opinion, Partner Visa itself is quite a big challenge so please don't put people in more challenges :)

Thanks

Aussie Girl Bay

Partner Visa is not a challenge in itself? can you please explain what is the challenge with it? I am very keen to know what is the issue with this visa? Before you reply to this, I want to share some information with you? not long ago, spouses from pakistan were being given visas in less than 3 months. yes believe it or not some people even got it in a month and less than a month. But we as a nation do not thank and respect anyone whatsoever. Now the same Australian Consulate is taking 6 to 9 months time to process the application. Do you know why? have you ever thought why? wanna know why? we taught them how to cheat and lie and not trust on humanity grounds. Now Australian Consulate has eventually given up and employed local pakistanis to find the scammers and people who lie. This now takes much longer than usual. They no longer trust the documents. Can you believe it aussie girl bay that despite the marriage certificate, we are to provide 6 statements from 6 different individuals who verify the marriage to be genuine? to me this is ridiculous. but if you sit with immigration, you will understand why. Forged documents, fake documents, DOB being different on different documents etc....all are serious offences....but to us as a nation....this is normal...so all of us now suffer....so please welcome the 6 to 9 months waiting time. Just putting some context here.

Hi

I am unable to understand what you trying to say??? We all are pretty much aware of the time line & challenges associated to this visa (you will get to understand the word 'CHALLENGE' once you apply for this visa :)...This or any other similar forums are formed for people's comfort. If anyone's post make you bit uncomfortable then may I please suggest you to UNSUBSCRIBE yourself from this thread and let others share their thoughts without being judged.

Thanks

Aussie Girl Bay

Partner Visa is not a challenge in itself? can you please explain what is the challenge with it? I am very keen to know what is the issue with this visa? Before you reply to this, I want to share some information with you? not long ago, spouses from pakistan were being given visas in less than 3 months. yes believe it or not some people even got it in a month and less than a month. But we as a nation do not thank and respect anyone whatsoever. Now the same Australian Consulate is taking 6 to 9 months time to process the application. Do you know why? have you ever thought why? wanna know why? we taught them how to cheat and lie and not trust on humanity grounds. Now Australian Consulate has eventually given up and employed local pakistanis to find the scammers and people who lie. This now takes much longer than usual. They no longer trust the documents. Can you believe it aussie girl bay that despite the marriage certificate, we are to provide 6 statements from 6 different individuals who verify the marriage to be genuine? to me this is ridiculous. but if you sit with immigration, you will understand why. Forged documents, fake documents, DOB being different on different documents etc....all are serious offences....but to us as a nation....this is normal...so all of us now suffer....so please welcome the 6 to 9 months waiting time. Just putting some context here.

Hey I agree with you. yes there is a lot of cheating going on. But because of some ppl, all of the other ppl have to suffer. The whole waiting time is really very painful and hard. but we can't really do anything about it except just wait. But this forum is very helpful. People are free to comment watever they like and share experiences.

Boys'n'Girls calm down.. it looks like there is too much frustration in this room but that's natural and we all Need not to worry at all & Yes partner visa is a challenge , a challenge against Depression.. My case is going in circles for the last 14 months , There are many odds makes you depress ,frustrated, hopeless ....but also strong .. so Don't worry be happy.

Edited by arshadcrow
Wish Upon a Star -----> *

Clearly you are upset with my post. Very few people share their experiences here.....mostly it is not very beneficial to read the posts being made here. All I am saying is to limit the frustration here and post some meaningful and helpful information - simply asking how long will my visa take again and again is not going to help. I do not understand why people are worried before the 6-9 months time has not passed? what is the fuss about? if you are so needy, why do not you go and live where your spouse is until visa is granted? now this we cannot do but will ask all sorts of questions here for which there is no answer - complete waste of time. Yes we should show respect to people who share their experiences i.e if they do so. Have you thought about this - that some might read from this post and start to get worried about their situation? only to find out that the person read it somewhere from the internet? has no merit whatsoever....how much hurt and worry would come to this person? this world is full of intellectuals and non intellectuals as well. Not everyone is good at reading and putting things into perspective. So please save some trouble and only post what you have heard from your case officer and quote your circumstances so some context can be seen and understood. this is sharing experience....not asking again and again when will my visa be granted. I have stopped driving so many times just to read a post that has been made and only to find out that it is not really helpful.

You are upset not me. If spouse can live together right from the beginning in Pak then there’s no need for visa, but one has departed for any given reason and wants to live together with him or her at the earliest, then what’s wrong in here.

If you are so fussy on wasteful and wrong information then what about social media such as; facebook, and twitter etc, have you stopped navigating on those as well? These are also full of wasteful information, only seldom it helps. This is my personal perspective. People over here might start another thread on this topic but I’m not willing to augment this. Here is a suggestion, why don’t you write to those people to stop from sharing wasteful thing, if you manage to do the policing on facebook and twitter, come back here and we try to make you The Super Moderator of this Paki section of blog. People here are sharing views and some are going through emotional phase, instead of understanding them you are creating problems here.

For your information, I have gone through most of the available blogs and forums on immigration; every single blog is full of repetitive questions, experiences and bit of frustrations from people including those gora as well. Regardless of type and complexity of questions, these blogs provide basic information sharing platform without any argument. We are in search of valuable information and some are good and some are waste of time. Disregard garbage info and move forward. Tell me, if you have been given a research assignment to write a thesis, irrespective of time limit, do you think you get the relevant, helpful and beneficial information right from the start while searching many sources. Answer is NO. You have to go through mound of information, not to forget human nature is impatient, as you go along you will find good information, couple with wrong and wasteful information as well, and then what you do? Get agitated, start kicking people and beat them to death who provides wrong information. No. Simple approach is to gather all the relevant pieces and put them in order to write thesis, time and effort with other necessary ingredients is the essence, if you understand this concept properly, apply the same practice on this blog.

I think it will take longer time for you to develop understanding of the situation(s).

If partner visa is not a challenge that means someone is living in fool’s paradise, possibly you might be the one.

I can describe few challenges:

Spouse either bride or groom made a hard decision of moving abroad; leaving behind family members, friends, favorite activities, like minded people, job and your own soil.

After painful wait for visa, once granted, new challenges emerge; living in a new place with new culture and new people, understanding systematic civilization, higher cost of living, issue of halal and haram, hardship in getting new employment, limited source of income in the start unless one of the spouse is earning good, no network of friends, establishing oneself from ground level, boredom. I have been told that initial 4-6 months are extremely hard for any person on any visa category. These are just few challenges to short list, people out there can tell you more.

As for the forgery thing, this is not new; this had been in the past and still ongoing. Not only the Australian embassies, consulates around the world are experiencing the big issues on forged documents and statements. In the past people had taken asylum in UK, USA and Canada on forged documents, now a day more scrutiny is done. People have abused lenient system and now genuine people are facing such dilemma. We cultivated wrong things, and get habitual of doing it, don’t you think we get lashed for the sin which we haven’t committed.

Since long time back, may be 25 years or more, it is usual practice for embassies around the world to hire local staff, this is the first point of contact for anyone. I had applied for visas for many countries in the past and it is always local staff first whom they refer to higher SUPERVISOR/OFFICER once they are satisfied. You are misguided here.

As for the timeline you have described, to get you clear on this: in the past student visa was granted in 4 weeks, now it is taking longer time, on-shore PR visa was granted in 2 weeks to 4 months in the past now 12-15 months and on some category more than 24 months (in Aust, my husband’s friend is still facing this issue). As for spouse stage 1 visa, in the past it was a maximum 2 month process then 4 months and now it is 12 months as per charter. Spouse Stage 2 on-shore visa in the past was DRV (Decision Ready Visa), i.e. applicants when fulfilled all requirements, make appointment with immigration officer and get the visa on the spot, now this has been discontinued and process takes 10-12 months and sometimes even longer.

Australia is the only country whose visa process doesn’t require window interview. Very rarely applicant gets phone call or face to face interview. Their visa processes are deemed stringent compared with other developed countries. Apart from MRC and personal statement, 2 statements from Aust P.R or citizen holder are mandatory. If more statements are being asked that means Case Officer is not satisfied with the submitted documents and again that depends on case to case. Most of the time it is not related with the forged documents, but it is something to do with the genuineness of application. Slightest mistake by CO may cost his or her job.

You have described only one issue of forged document, on the contrary there are numerous factors, most importantly Australian budgeting and planning factor for taking certain number of migrants per year. These are structured numbers on different categories based on Australian Bureau of Statistics and world growth. In conjunction with above, not to forget population growth has increased many times including Pakistan, plus Pak is in High risk country and other number of factors attributed that too cause longer processing time. Applicant’s character assessment form 80 is checked by ASIO, and if someone had visited other country or countries ASIO also fetch information from that country, this clearance alone contributes longer time. Male applicants suffer a lot compare to female applicant.

Pardon my language; you appear to be agitated, frustrated, irritated and depressed.

I’m not here to advocating the immigration policies but I came across two very useful online documents. What I understand that, greater the number of people arriving in Australia means more pressure on Infrastructure, businesses, employments, etc, the list is not exhaustive. Careful planning is necessary and done by Australian government and this does not mean that people get agitated while waiting but they do.

Abstract is below:

(Abstract

The Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) forecast net overseas migration (NOM) by flows and visa components and update these forecasts on a quarterly basis. The NOM forecasting framework has recently been enhanced and now combines the latest data on permanent and long term arrivals and departures with past behaviour of migrants across different visa groups to enter and leave the population. It takes into account the official Australian and world economic growth forecasts, visa grants, and the impact of announced policy decisions up until October 2012.)

To help others, full document is on below link: Read through every page

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/publications/statistics/immigration-update/nom-sep12.pdf

Here is the another link which orchestrated the reforms Australian government had taken since 1996 based on political and parliamentary events. It has nothing to do with forged documents.

http://artsonline.monash.edu.au/cpur/immigration-reform-in-australia-coalition-government-proposals-and-outcomes-since-march-1996/

Hope these helps in understanding the long processing time.

By writing a long paragraph u r also not doing something good for a new applicants who need any help bro and i think u were curious to know about this process thats why u joined this thread so just get the information bro and leave it , everyone has a rite to say so let them do ,this proces itslef is a headache so dont take stress bro just chilax :)

If partner visa is not a challenge that means someone is living in fool’s paradise, possibly you might be the one.

Spouse either bride or groom made a hard decision of moving abroad; leaving behind family members, friends, favorite activities, like minded people, job and your own soil.

After painful wait for visa, once granted, new challenges emerge; living in a new place with new culture and new people, understanding systematic civilization, higher cost of living, issue of halal and haram, hardship in getting new employment, limited source of income in the start unless one of the spouse is earning good, no network of friends, establishing oneself from ground level, boredom. I have been told that initial 4-6 months are extremely hard for any person on any visa category. These are just few challenges to short list, people out there can tell you more.

As for the forgery thing, this is not new; this had been in the past and still ongoing. Not only the Australian embassies, consulates around the world are experiencing the big issues on forged documents and statements. In the past people had taken asylum in UK, USA and Canada on forged documents, now a day more scrutiny is done. People have abused lenient system and now genuine people are facing such dilemma. We cultivated wrong things, and get habitual of doing it, don’t you think we get lashed for the sin which we haven’t committed.

Since long time back, may be 25 years or more, it is usual practice for embassies around the world to hire local staff, this is the first point of contact for anyone. I had applied for visas for many countries in the past and it is always local staff first whom they refer to higher SUPERVISOR/OFFICER once they are satisfied. You are misguided here.

As for the timeline you have described, to get you clear on this: in the past student visa was granted in 4 weeks, now it is taking longer time, on-shore PR visa was granted in 2 weeks to 4 months in the past now 12-15 months and on some category more than 24 months (in Aust, my husband’s friend is still facing this issue). As for spouse stage 1 visa, in the past it was a maximum 2 month process then 4 months and now it is 12 months as per charter. Spouse Stage 2 on-shore visa in the past was DRV (Decision Ready Visa), i.e. applicants when fulfilled all requirements, make appointment with immigration officer and get the visa on the spot, now this has been discontinued and process takes 10-12 months and sometimes even longer.

Australia is the only country whose visa process doesn’t require window interview. Very rarely applicant gets phone call or face to face interview. Their visa processes are deemed stringent compared with other developed countries. Apart from MRC and personal statement, 2 statements from Aust P.R or citizen holder are mandatory. If more statements are being asked that means Case Officer is not satisfied with the submitted documents and again that depends on case to case. Most of the time it is not related with the forged documents, but it is something to do with the genuineness of application. Slightest mistake by CO may cost his or her job.

You have described only one issue of forged document, on the contrary there are numerous factors, most importantly Australian budgeting and planning factor for taking certain number of migrants per year. These are structured numbers on different categories based on Australian Bureau of Statistics and world growth. In conjunction with above, not to forget population growth has increased many times including Pakistan, plus Pak is in High risk country and other number of factors attributed that too cause longer processing time. Applicant’s character assessment form 80 is checked by ASIO, and if someone had visited other country or countries ASIO also fetch information from that country, this clearance alone contributes longer time. Male applicants suffer a lot compare to female applicant.

Pardon my language; you appear to be agitated, frustrated, irritated and depressed.

One LIKE is Not enough so Double LIKE for you :D

Thanks XaraBB, You saved me a lot of typing, I wanted to write all the challenges pertinent to Partner Visa but honestly couldn't be bothered :) ta

Edited by aussiegirlbay