Woods interviews

lynne1266

Guest The Pom Queen
Hi Ladies, I have been over here for the last 6 months, & would just iike to let you know that it is NOT easy to find work on a 457 visa I am applying for at least 3 to 5 jobs daily without sucess & my other fiends who are also here are finding it very HARD also, part time work here is VERY rare!!! Also qualifications which we have done in the uk are not the same here. The work that I have been offered is full time & in the city, which we kids is very difficult!!! Childcare is very very expensive. I didn't think that it would have been this hard to find work. Bring as much stuff you can as things here are not cheap, it is very hard to survive on woods salary if you are a family, make sure you bring as much money you can as the 1st 6 months you spend a lot!!! But apart ftom that it is very nice living here & lots to do, my chldren have settlered well but will warn you it is NOT Easy.

What a great post and very true. We have known families return home because of the costs of childcare as it wasn't something that they had factored in to their living costs.

The first few months are the most expensive and again I have seen families spend all their money within the first 3 months.

Glad that you are enjoying your new life here.

Kate:wubclub:

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Pom Queen
my oh doesn't mind working for woods, he was just shocked at the poor working conditiond & how they need to spend some money on new equipment.

You are not on your own, there are people like Terry who absolutely loves working for them, some who think they work so differently to the UK and there are others who hate it, but then the same could be said for any large company.:wubclub:

Guest Hearne_Family
Touchy, touchy, touchy LYNNE, Can't people have their own opion, yes I had to buy uniform but like I said we could get the most from primark, asda, tesco, I did do our research, but no amount of research can prepare you. We had met lots of fantastic australian people here, there is lots to do as a family, I just didn't realise how hard it would be to find local part time work. And was just tryi ng to give a bit of advice about bringing what you can over as when you compare prices , it breaks your heart. I feel very sad that you don't allow other folks to voice their opions.

So...we have established that you had the best intentions in your original post, Lynne has taken to your posts as she has because there have been a few posts by Woods 'employees' warning people off of working for them. I think its fair to say that although your hubby is not fully happy at Woods its hard for you as you cannot find work being on a 457.

I am having a get together this saturday, we are in Berwick, if you are local you are welcome to come along, just bring yourselves and whatever you want to drink. Weather we like working for Woods or not we are all in the same boat so if you fancy meeting up there will be a few of us there. PM me for address if you fancy it.

Terry.

Guest SO,DIZZY
U have 2 buy uniform in UK 2 u know !!

This is sounding all too familiar...."Tweedledee"

I will point out the same 2 u as I did 2 him....I have done my research and do know what i'm doing.

I have spoken to people in Melbourne who have got jobs on a 457 and don't think that in my line of work there will be that much of a problem when and if I decide to work.

Surely you knew how much ur "OH" would b earning and should not have assumed that u would get a job straight away and that should have been aiming to live on just 1 wage for the first 6-12 mths if only to get ur children settled 1st

Its very easy for people sitting in the UK to have opinions on the day to day costs of living in Australia.. How they feel equiped to do that amazes me , its a completely different picture when you are here and struggling like **** and feeling depressed...

Employers even if for the same company can be very different , it could be that the Hearne family are working in a different branch living in a different area etc.. it IS hard here to find employment on a temporary visa it is also an expensive place to live.. uniforms here DO cost a great deal more than in the uk with most schools insisting on there style of uniform being worn and would rather you did not wear a generic brand... a school bag at our school costs 40 dollers 25 pounds and we are one of the cheaper schools..

It is clear to see the poster is struggling with life here and is feeling the pinch finacially chances are her hubby does not like working for woods and you know nothing of this to be able to pass judgment on this situation and although im sure you didnt intend to sound smug and sanctamonious you have done never the less.. the poster was well aware of her situation im sure before she got here , and like yourself probibly thought she had it all covered , Australia as a plan all worked out whilst sitting back in the UK the reality of living here is a whole different kettlfe of fish...

Its very easy for people sitting in the UK to have opinions on the day to day costs of living in Australia.. How they feel equiped to do that amazes me , its a completely different picture when you are here and struggling like **** and feeling depressed...

Employers even if for the same company can be very different , it could be that the Hearne family are working in a different branch living in a different area etc.. it IS hard here to find employment on a temporary visa it is also an expensive place to live.. uniforms here DO cost a great deal more than in the uk with most schools insisting on there style of uniform being worn and would rather you did not wear a generic brand... a school bag at our school costs 40 dollers 25 pounds and we are one of the cheaper schools..

It is clear to see the poster is struggling with life here and is feeling the pinch finacially chances are her hubby does not like working for woods and you know nothing of this to be able to pass judgment on this situation and although im sure you didnt intend to sound smug and sanctamonious you have done never the less.. the poster was well aware of her situation im sure before she got here , and like yourself probibly thought she had it all covered , Australia as a plan all worked out whilst sitting back in the UK the reality of living here is a whole different kettlfe of fish...

I replied to the original post by this person as there has been others before which have turned out to be the same person with different user names, from someone who had a issue with woods and used all different names to put people off comining and working for the company.

I don't sit in the UK having opinions about the day to day costs at all, we have had our fair share of struggles and feeling down and depressed in the UK. I just think that people should be honest about who they are and why they have aproblem, not try and warn us against the company when to some of us it's our way forward and a new beginning or maybe even a fresh start.

I know it's going to be hard at first and hopefully with friends that I have met on PIO we can work our way through it and enjoy our new life.

Lynne xx

Touchy, touchy, touchy LYNNE, Can't people have their own opion, yes I had to buy uniform but like I said we could get the most from primark, asda, tesco, I did do our research, but no amount of research can prepare you. We had met lots of fantastic australian people here, there is lots to do as a family, I just didn't realise how hard it would be to find local part time work. And was just tryi ng to give a bit of advice about bringing what you can over as when you compare prices , it breaks your heart. I feel very sad that you don't allow other folks to voice their opions.

Yes people can have an opinion....but honesty always helps

One minute you have a problem with the cost of living and the next the problem is with woods.

If this is a genuine post then I hope that you resolve your problems soon and hopefully you will get a job and take some of the stress of the day to day cost away.

Maybe a get together with the "Hearne Family" wouldn't be such a bad idea as i'm sure there would be others feeling similar.

Hey Guys,we 've just had word back from bianca in immigration.I now need to get a med and xray done as i've got an under active thyroid.:sad: This needs to be done before the visa can be granted.Fingers crossed it wont ruin our chances of getting into aus.

angie

Hey Guys,we 've just had word back from bianca in immigration.I now need to get a med and xray done as i've got an under active thyroid.:sad: This needs to be done before the visa can be granted.Fingers crossed it wont ruin our chances of getting into aus.

angie

Oh no !!!! How did they know about it...did you have to put it on the form ??

Lynne xx

Oh no !!!! How did they know about it...did you have to put it on the form ??

Lynne xx

Hi Lynne,we had to tell them of any existing med conditions when we were filling in our visa application.There's only 2 places in Scotland that are cleared with aus immigration to do the meds and xrays,both are in Edinburgh,so going nxt Wednesday morning 2 get them done.It's costing £300.00,but will be money worth spent if we get visa.xx

thank you for your wonderful comments, all I was just doing was saying that not everyone has had a great experience as terry.I am glad that his time has been good ours hasn't, but I have no regrets. This experience has put me off saying anymore on pio. Hope eveyone who is making there travel plans has a great experience, just don't expect that much help.

Thanks terry 4 invite to yours on sat nite, but we live miles from berwick so we will not be able to attend, but would lke to say thanks & sorry we all got off on the wrong foot!!! & glad your experience has been good & that you & your family have had a good time since arriving here, just wish our was the same.

thank you for your wonderful comments, all I was just doing was saying that not everyone has had a great experience as terry.I am glad that his time has been good ours hasn't, but I have no regrets. This experience has put me off saying anymore on pio. Hope eveyone who is making there travel plans has a great experience, just don't expect that much help.

Hey dont let peoples replys put you off, remember you are here living it, you are not the only ones struggling, the 457 visa is the absolute pits for people with kids especially coming over to a job where the salary is not great, and not everyone has a great wedge of cash in the bank to fall back on. We came on 457 because age was against us and it was a quick way in, husbands company that sponsored him treated him like crap, total s**heads to him. I know what you mean people say oh you can live cheaply you just need to shop smart or do this do that, but you know sometimes I got totally peed off sometimes scratting around for bargains and sales, telling the kids they could not go to someones party because i could not afford the pressie, could not go on school camps as i did not have a spare 300 dollars, some people enjoy the challenge living like this not me, hated it, I understand your post I wish I would have known about this forum before coming as I would have been more prepared for the shock, as i did no research at all, just thought I would be laid on a beach everyday in the sun taking it easy, what a dimwit I was. Did not even know how much money hubby would be on, how much rents were or anything, did not even know had to pay for schools. anyway just wanted you to know you are deff not alone, in your thinking

Hi Lynne,we had to tell them of any existing med conditions when we were filling in our visa application.There's only 2 places in Scotland that are cleared with aus immigration to do the meds and xrays,both are in Edinburgh,so going nxt Wednesday morning 2 get them done.It's costing £300.00,but will be money worth spent if we get visa.xx

Wont be a problem tho will it ??

After you've done that is the visa application quiet straight forward then ??

I hope it all goes well

Lynne xx

:eek:

Appologies for any assumptions that I have jumped to.

Over the last few months there has been a member that has put various posts under a number of different names, some of which have been removed, and reading your posts they started to sound just like him.

I was wrong in these assumptions and I appologise, I have found this site veryhelpfull and when I started to have doubts about the move everyone was very reassuring.

Lynne

Wont be a problem tho will it ??

After you've done that is the visa application quiet straight forward then ??

I hope it all goes well

Lynne xx

Hi Lynne,i'm hoping it wont be a problem as it not a serious condition,jst means im on medication 4 the rest of my life,need yearly blood test and thats it!!!!!! Once med etc done,think and hope that the visa is all done and jst to be granted.We shall wait n see.xx

Guest GillianM

Hey Angie, thts good news that visa wont be long for you, i would think having an over active thyroid wont be a problem though. Good Luck, ur getting closer to the BIG move xxxx

Gillian

Thanks guys,i dont see there being any probs either.It was just so disappointing to read the email stating that i needed to do this,when i thot it was going to say that the visa had been granted!!!!!!! Never mind,as i always say.....Whats for you wont go by you.Will keep you all up to date.

Guest Hearne_Family
Thanks terry 4 invite to yours on sat nite, but we live miles from berwick so we will not be able to attend, but would lke to say thanks & sorry we all got off on the wrong foot!!! & glad your experience has been good & that you & your family have had a good time since arriving here, just wish our was the same.

No problem at all, as has been pointed out on other posts there have been posts by the same person with multiple usernames warning people off of Woods and your original post sounded just like another one and thats why we have reacted like we have.

So I apologise if it seemed like the lynch mob were out in force.

The offer always stands if you want to meet up at any point.

Terry.

thank you ,as it nice to know that we are not alone, I just felt like the lynch mob were on me, & was only try to prepare this people with kids that are coming over. You are stuck here trying to surive on cr*p wages like you have been trying to shop cheap, but the kids are saying we don't eat nice stuff anymore, but the truth is we can't afford it. It breaks my heart that I can't send them to camp, I feel like the paupers here & if I had known that is is soooo bloody hard for me to find work, then maybe I wouldn't have come, your reply has helped me & I thought that we were the only ones having a cr@p time thanks again.

Guest sylcaddies

Hi Parc

Just noticed you are in Glasgow - there is a panel doctor right opposite Queen Street train station - really quick to get appointment - would save going to Edinburgh, and she is really nice, very professional - pm me for contact details if you wish, she is the doctor we used last year.

Guest siamsusie
Hi Parc

Just noticed you are in Glasgow - there is a panel doctor right opposite Queen Street train station - really quick to get appointment - would save going to Edinburgh, and she is really nice, very professional - pm me for contact details if you wish, she is the doctor we used last year.

I believe they might have changed now to an e clinic.. and that the only panel dr. in Scotland are the following

Medical and Radiology Clinic ehealth-logo-sml.gif

Spire Shawfair Park Hospital

10 Easter Shawfair

Edinburgh EH22 1FE

Telephone: +44 1316 545 602

Guest siamsusie

Oh dear - that's a shame.
:wubclub:particularly if you have 4/5 kiddies on a rainy day and you have to trundle through to Edinburgh.... I believe the same applies over in Ireland as well. I think a map giving miles/kms , hours of travelling etc would be very handy for DIAC:wink:

I believe they might have changed now to an e clinic.. and that the only panel dr. in Scotland are the following

Medical and Radiology Clinic ehealth-logo-sml.gif

Spire Shawfair Park Hospital

10 Easter Shawfair

Edinburgh EH22 1FE

Telephone: +44 1316 545 602

Hi there

Thanks for confirming that for me.We thought there was 1 in Glasgow,but there was only 2 clinics given that were approved panel docs both being in Edinburgh,How frustrating!!!!!!!!!! I've now changed app to Monday afternoon,so will let you all know the outcome.

Angie xx

Archived