Woods interviews

lynne1266

Guest markandmichelle
OK guys, I am thinking of arranging a Woods meet up when everyone gets out here, by the time a lot of you guys get here it will be winter so there are a couple of choices:

Arrange something somwhere that we can all eat and drink or wait until the new year and have a big BBQ somewhere.

My personal preferance would be the BBQ as we can all have a few drinks and the kids can play and not get bored.

If I can have ideas and names of those up for it that would be great.

I know that I will be meeting up with some of you not that long after you get here but it will be good for everyone to get together and swap stories.

Good luck to those still waiting for visas and for those of you making the move in the next couple of months...good luck!!

Terry

Hi Terry,

A BBQ sounds good to us, count us two in. Will be good to meet up and hear the stories.

Mark

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Hearne_Family
Hey Terry, thats my house going on market today, so heres hoping it wont drag on! was hoping to move after my 40th on 4th June if all goes to plan. Sounds great for a meet up and BBQ im all for it. Marion and hubby should be in Oz today are they not? cant wait to hear how they get on.

Gillian

Hi Gillian,

Marion and hubby have my number so Im waiting to hear from them, Im getting so confused with who is who so when I meet you if I get you confused with others please dont be offended!!

Terry

Guest Hearne_Family
Hi all,

The wait is over for us now, Visa has come through finally. Hoping to move over at the end of April.

Time to sort things out properly now. Hope everyone elses visa's are going ok

MarkandMichelle

Sorry guys totally missed this post, Congratulations on the visa. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Best of luck, Im sure I will see you soon.

Terry

HI TERRY,YEH PAUL AND I ARE DEFINATELY UP FOR THE MEET.IT'LL BE GOOD TO MEET AND PUT A FACE TO ALL THE NAMES AND PEOPLE THAT WE CHAT TO ON PIO.HOPE TO GET ALL PAPERWORK SENT AWAY MIDDLE OF NEXT WEEK.LOOKING TO COME OVER IN AUG/SEPT.WILL KEEP YOU ALL INFORMED.

ANGIE xxx

Guest Hearne_Family
Hey Terry, thats my house going on market today, so heres hoping it wont drag on! was hoping to move after my 40th on 4th June if all goes to plan. Sounds great for a meet up and BBQ im all for it. Marion and hubby should be in Oz today are they not? cant wait to hear how they get on.

Gillian

Hi Gillian,

How are things with you? I spoke to Gary (Marions hubby) last night, we are looking to meet up with some other Woods workers over the weekend so he can ask questions. He has been to one branch and saw Paul Bucci and he is impressed and it seems like they are happy with what they see! We are also hoping to meet up with them on our own so Marion can chat to Rachel about how she has settled in and found the move.

Will let you know how we all get on!

Talk soon.

Terry

Guest Hearne_Family
HI TERRY,YEH PAUL AND I ARE DEFINATELY UP FOR THE MEET.IT'LL BE GOOD TO MEET AND PUT A FACE TO ALL THE NAMES AND PEOPLE THAT WE CHAT TO ON PIO.HOPE TO GET ALL PAPERWORK SENT AWAY MIDDLE OF NEXT WEEK.LOOKING TO COME OVER IN AUG/SEPT.WILL KEEP YOU ALL INFORMED.

ANGIE xxx

Hi Angie,

Keep me updated with your move over here and we will meet up when you get here and arrange a BBQ meet for late 2010/early 2011 maybe when the weather will be good for it.

Talk soon,

Terry

Guest markandmichelle

Hi all,

Another step closer to living in oz, Flights are booked for the 1st May, arriving 3rd May. 10 weeks 3 days and counting, and still lots to do.

Hope everyone else is moving as easily as us?

MarkandMichelle

Guest Hearne_Family
Hi all,

Another step closer to living in oz, Flights are booked for the 1st May, arriving 3rd May. 10 weeks 3 days and counting, and still lots to do.

Hope everyone else is moving as easily as us?

MarkandMichelle

Great news guys, let me know if you need any help with anything? Do you know where you will settle?

Terry

Guest markandmichelle

Hi Terry,

Not sure where we will settle yet, have contacted Crystal Lake to see if they knew were i would be based but as yet to hear anything. any ideas on a area? We like the houses/prices around Berwick but unsure of commuting times to some of Woods branches.

MarkandMichelle

Guest Hearne_Family
Hi Terry,

Not sure where we will settle yet, have contacted Crystal Lake to see if they knew were i would be based but as yet to hear anything. any ideas on a area? We like the houses/prices around Berwick but unsure of commuting times to some of Woods branches.

MarkandMichelle

Hi Guys,

It all depends on your branch I guess, I live in Berwick and work in Kew and it takes around 45 mins. I know there are Woods employees who live in Berwick and commute to Malvern, Nunawading and Box Hill.

Terry

• 3 weeks later...
Guest markandmichelle

Hi all

A quick update with our move. Had the removal company in today to collect all household items as well as the tool box. Was glad to see the back of it all after all the hours cleaning and polishing it all. hopefully it will all help with the customs checks. Parents can have their conservatory back now.

Just over 7 weeks til we fly and counting down the days.

Hope everyone else is doing ok with their moves to Melbourne

MarkandMichelle

Guest GillianM

Hey Mark and Michelle, wont be long now till yous move, you getting nervous at all? Ive had my house on the market 4 weeks now, had 2 couples very interested but seems they cant afford payments every month. I was hoping to move over June time but depends on selling that house! Which removal company did you use? Im not taking any furniture, just selling it all. I wonder if instead of taking all the clothes shoes etc...if we could ship some over or post it just before we move to our rental? I wonder when they will tell you where you will be working so then you can find a rental close to work...hopefully! Bet its all go just now. Hope you have filled in your tax forms for leaving the country, you might get a rebate! are you opening bank accounts online before you go? Anyway good luck and hope to meet up with all you over there.

Gillian x

Guest markandmichelle

Hi Gillian

Sorry to hear about you selling problems, hope you manage to find someone soon. We are not really nervous or excited yet. Still keep think about what we have left to organise before we leave.

We used Anglo Pacific for our shipping, they werent the cheapest but the package they offer swung it for us, cheaper flights with 40kgs of luggage each, aswell as help with getting rebates, banking etc.

We shipped about 440 cu'ft of funiture and tool box thought it would be cheaper to ship rather than buy new or used.

We bank with a international bankin this country and they will transfer the account for about £100 but may open another when we have settled down in Melbourne.

We had a e-mail off Crystal woods HR assistant with the details of the relocation package and we get quite a bit to keep really. If you would like the list i can pm it to you to give you an idea of what to take or ship.

Mark and Michelle

Guest GillianM

Hi, that would be good please. Do you know which bodyshop you will be working in yet and where your rental will be? I know when my house sells it will be all go......keep us informed how u guys get on and the long flight xxx

Gillianx

Guest markandmichelle
Hi, that would be good please. Do you know which bodyshop you will be working in yet and where your rental will be? I know when my house sells it will be all go......keep us informed how u guys get on and the long flight xxx

Gillianx

Hi Gillian

Had conformation today about where i will be working, they are putting me in the Kew branch, same as the one Terry on here works at. Not sure where we will be renting yet but Berwick has some nice homes and seem good value too.

We have also heard from the rental advisor seems like we are starting the search in the next week now the branch has been sorted. Pm you in a mo.

Mark and Michelle

Guest Hearne_Family
Hi Gillian

Had conformation today about where i will be working, they are putting me in the Kew branch, same as the one Terry on here works at. Not sure where we will be renting yet but Berwick has some nice homes and seem good value too.

We have also heard from the rental advisor seems like we are starting the search in the next week now the branch has been sorted. Pm you in a mo.

Mark and Michelle

Welcome!!

Guest GillianM

Well thats good then. Are you a panel beater then? there dosn,t seem to be many Spray Painters on here. Hope all goes to plan and take care.

Gillian x

Guest markandmichelle

Hi Gillian

I am a panel beater. hadn't noticed that there aren't many painters but now you mentioned it i can see what you mean. Hows your house selling coming along? did you get the PM ok?

MarkandMichelle

Guest sharon and gaz

My husband has interview with woods in a couple of weeks, he is a panel beater currently working with uk assistance. There will be 4 of us hopefully coming over hopefully two daughters aged 15 and 5. Can any one tell us how much the shipping package to melbourne costs? Also I believe we have to have medicals on 457 visa how much did this cost. HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!:chatterbox:

Guest GillianM

Hi there, where abouts you live? i thought woods interviewd Sept time? we have our PR Visa but just trying to sell our house then we will be moving over to Melbourne and Austin will be working with Woods (Spray Painter). I have 2 daughters coming over with us Hollie 18 and Brogan 14. My son Michael 19 dosn't want to go and is staying with his dad (will miss him so much). Im Gillian x we are selling all our stuff and buying new over there. Any other questions just ask.

Gillianx

Guest Hearne_Family
My husband has interview with woods in a couple of weeks, he is a panel beater currently working with uk assistance. There will be 4 of us hopefully coming over hopefully two daughters aged 15 and 5. Can any one tell us how much the shipping package to melbourne costs? Also I believe we have to have medicals on 457 visa how much did this cost. HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!:chatterbox:

Hi Guys,

Are you having a telephone interview? The shipping package you refer to Im assuming is to ship your personal belongings over? This will vary on a number of things, mainly; The company you use, what size container you need and the value of the items you ship over. There are plenty of threads on here about shipping quotes and recommendations, have a search through and get some companies contacts and get quotes for yourself, dont be afraid to haggle!!

I cant remember how much the medicals cost us, my wife and I just needed chest x-rays and our 2 kids were basically measured and weighed, I have a feeling that the whole lot was around £250.

Fire away with your questions!

Terry

Guest markandmichelle

Hi Sharon and Gaz

We have recently shipped our belongings and tool box over. We used Anglo Pacific and took up around 400 cubit foot. it cost us in the region of £2300. with insurance went up to £2900.

As for Medicals we didnt need any not even x-rays. Suppose it is because of age.

Need any more help just ask

MarkandMichelle

Hi Sharon and Gaz,

My names Lynne, my OH is also a Panel Beater, we have a son who will be 12 when we go and a little girl who will be 6, I too have children that i'm leaving behind so i'm just shipping main things and leaving the rest for my daughters.

We have also been told that we no longer have to have Meds or xray's.

Where do you live ???

Lynne xx

Guest Hearne_Family
Hi Sharon and Gaz

We have recently shipped our belongings and tool box over. We used Anglo Pacific and took up around 400 cubit foot. it cost us in the region of £2300. with insurance went up to £2900.

As for Medicals we didnt need any not even x-rays. Suppose it is because of age.

Need any more help just ask

MarkandMichelle

Cheeky bugger!! I am only 2 years older than you!! :biggrin:

Archived