Woods interviews

lynne1266

Guest GillianM

Well its just the Edinburgh interviews left, and im getting nervous about sunday!! Austin coming down with the cold, but it wont stop us from going lol

Gillian x

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GillianM

Hi, well had interview today, and Austin was offered a job with Woods. So just to let them know 4-6 wks before we move so they can say what bodyshop he will be working in and Christine will get us a rental for arriving. Package all sounds good.

Gillian x

Guest Hearne_Family
Hi, well had interview today, and Austin was offered a job with Woods. So just to let them know 4-6 wks before we move so they can say what bodyshop he will be working in and Christine will get us a rental for arriving. Package all sounds good.

Gillian x

Hi Guys, congratulations on the job offer. When are you looking to make the move?

Terry

Guest GillianM

Hi, not too sure. Waiting on getting our 176 visa hopefully Oct/Nov, we know a couple who are interested in our house, so if they still want to buy it, will save time trying to sell. We are thinking Feb/March next year.

Gillian x

Guest razzled

hello, new to this forum i am going out on 21st oct to work for woods got offered a job as panel beater march 2008,struggled to sell house.in the process of sorting a rental house...dont know where to live berwick or mornington...any advice welcome.

Guest GillianM

Hi there, will it not depend on which bodyshop you will be working in, then you can look at suburbs near to where you work.

Gillian

hello, new to this forum i am going out on 21st oct to work for woods got offered a job as panel beater march 2008,struggled to sell house.in the process of sorting a rental house...dont know where to live berwick or mornington...any advice welcome.

Hiya, Which branch have you been placed in ?

Lynne xx

Guest Hearne_Family

Hi Berwick is nearer all Woods branches, although Mornington is a beautiful area it takes about 40 mins just to get from Mornington to Berwick. I work in Kew and live in Berwick and that takes me 40-45mins. I guess it all depends what sort of cummute time you are happy with.

Do you have a branch location yet?

Terry

Guest The Pom Queen

Congratulations on the job offer, both Berwick and Mornington are beautiful places. The downside is that Mornington does not havea train line so you would have to drive to Frankston if you needed the train for commuting.

Kate

Guest razzled

I've been placed at cheltenham branch. We (my wife ,son 9,daughter 4)have decided to live in berwick,cant wait now two weeks to setting off.We will be billy no mates at first as we have no family or friends over there as yet.

Guest Hearne_Family
I've been placed at cheltenham branch. We (my wife ,son 9,daughter 4)have decided to live in berwick,cant wait now two weeks to setting off.We will be billy no mates at first as we have no family or friends over there as yet.

Hi Mate, we were in the same position as you, we moved out here knowing no one, you will settle in really well. If you are up for meeting once you are here send me a PM, I have a 4 year old daughter too.

Terry

Hi razzled, I think we're going to look around Berwick area aswell, we are hoping to move around May/Jun time as i'm studing for a degree at the moment and want to finish the exams. We've got 2 children that are coming with us, my son is 11 and my daughter is 5 and I have 2 older daughters who will be 20 next month but they're not moving with us :cry:.

Lynne

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hearne_Family
To all wanting to work for woods...find out as much as you can before you go!

Another one post wonder, care to share your experience? Branch, job description, work period and your views? Posting a reply as you have is no help to anybody, at least back up your 'warning' with reasons.

Many thanks,

Terry

As you probably know we are all adults and it goes without saying that we would do our research before we made such a BIG decision about our futures and I would hope that everyone does it regardless of what company they are going to work for or even what visa they apply for.

Please tell us why you feel this way. Have you posted on this before under a different name ??

Hi guys,my OH also been offered a job in woods.We're also looking at Berwick to stay.We would be hoping to go out in Aug/Sept next year. We're really excited of the new life thats ahead for us.:biggrin:.

Angie 37,Paul 36,Rebecca 8,Connor 3

Hi guys,my OH also been offered a job in woods.We're also looking at Berwick to stay.We would be hoping to go out in Aug/Sept next year. We're really excited of the new life thats ahead for us.:biggrin:.

Angie 37,Paul 36,Rebecca 8,Connor 3

Hi Angie, congratulations and welcome to our little club..lol.

We're thinking of moving May/Jun time, it was going to be earlier in the year but I'm finishing my exams 1st.

My Son keanan is 12 in May and my daughter Aleah is 6 a week later.

Where do you live at the moment and where was your interview??

Lynne xx

Hi Lynne,

We stay in Glasgow.The interview was in Edinburgh in Sept.So many feelings and emotions are running around my head just now,I'm really looking forward to us going,but at same time feeling bit scared,nervous yet excited at same time!!!!!! We've been looking on web at different areas to stay,but Berwick ticks majority of boxes for us.We would like to find out more about other suburbs,but haven't had much luck finding specific websites.If you know of any and could pass them on,would really appreciate it.

Cheers

lol

angie.xxx

Hi Lynne,

We stay in Glasgow.The interview was in Edinburgh in Sept.So many feelings and emotions are running around my head just now,I'm really looking forward to us going,but at same time feeling bit scared,nervous yet excited at same time!!!!!! We've been looking on web at different areas to stay,but Berwick ticks majority of boxes for us.We would like to find out more about other suburbs,but haven't had much luck finding specific websites.If you know of any and could pass them on,would really appreciate it.

Cheers

lol

angie.xxx

Hi Angie,

I know just what you mean !!! One day i'm all excitted and the next i'm questioning myself and worrying if i'm doing the right thing.

There are quite a few suburbs that I like the look of, one of them being Sanctuary Lakes :yes: but, I think because of the locations of the workshops we're goning to head towards Berwick area. Another reason is because alot of others are heading there and it would be good to all meet up and help each other out with settling in ...thats the idea anyway..lol.

Have you been on Moving to Melbourne Meet & Greet,Furnished Rentals,Airport Pickup Relocation Assistance its run by a lady called Kate from PIO its got suburb discriptions and i found it really usefull.

I hope you don't mind, i've done a friend request for you most of the other friends are either working or about to work for woods or people who are heading to Melbourne too.

Lynne xx

Guest Hearne_Family

Hi guys,

Its soon going to come around real quick trust me, its good to see how many are coming out here, when I was coming out I think I was the only one on here with a job offer from Woods! As I have posted before I live in Berwick and if you want any help/info about the area let me know.

Terry

As no reply to my question then I assume that i'm correct in thinking you have posted a reply before in a different name which was removed.

Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Hi Lynne,

Thanks for that weblink,i had previously came across it,but didn't save it!!!! Are you renting when you get out,if so,how long for. Have you contacted any schools for info. What i'm a bit worried about,is, finding the right school for my daughter then renting a property that doesn't cover:wideeyed: the school catchment area.

Guest markandmichelle

Hi all

I got offered a job with woods back in september this year, and i have sent the contract back to Catherine at woods a couple of weeks ago. Just wondering if anyone has heard from the migration agent yet. We are looking at moving out at the start of March next year.

Mark

Archived