Woods interviews

lynne1266

Guest GillianM

Hi, OOOH! wonder what bit you? hope you are ok now. Hows the weather been, and supermarkets for food shopping, booze etc... as long as you are enjoying it, thats what counts. So are you in a rental yet and where abouts? is the bills expensive or similar to hear?

Gillian x

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest razzled

most supermarkets dont sell booze.they have liquor stores..fresh meat is cheap..salad and fruit more expensive..processed foods are more expensive ie nuggets fish fingers etc..when you shop for something you have to shop arround cause prices vary a lot in diffrent stores..its noit like england where you sit at your pc ..quick search and you know where to go ..i miss argos..here most of the big stores have layby where you put money down and collect it when youve paid up.good for christmas..its been 35 once or twice and its very hot ..they all say wait untill it gets hot

Guest twiddledee

Glad to hear you are well on the road to recovery,must be looking forward to getting to work.At least they sent you flowers...

A big hug to Susan for keeping your better half`s stress levels down.All the best buddy,stay strong!

Guest Hearne_Family

Razzled, are you the guy who was bit by a white tail I have heard about?? I had an email from Christopher and he mentioned it. Are you up for meeting up before the Christmas do? Maybe this sunday or one evening during the week? PM me and let me know.

Terry.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest srirupa

My hubby is an electrical engineer in Material Handling industry.

I would like to know about the job prospect in victoria.

Please help!!

thanks

Guest Hearne_Family
My hubby is an electrical engineer in Material Handling industry.

I would like to know about the job prospect in victoria.

Please help!!

thanks

Ummm, I dont know if you have read the rest of the thread? But this thread was started for people who have had interviews with the Woods Group who are Accident Repairers, if you want info on job prospects for your husband than please start your own thread.

Terry

Guest Hearne_Family

Hi srirupa,

I just read my post and realised that it might have looked a little blunt and unhelpful, what I meant was by starting youir own thread people with the correct info should be able to reply, I dont think we will get many Electrical Engineers looking in this thread.

Sorry if I seemed rude.

Terry

Guest Hearne_Family

Hi Twiddledee...Im interested to know what branch you worked at? Just want to know why you are so against Woods, what experiance did you have to make you think this? Did you come over from the UK or are you Aussie?

Regards,

Terry

Hello Razzled,word on the street is that susan has left you guys at the cheltenham branch,what a pity,she is a great lady.I guess she has seen woods for what they are,fly under radar mate and you will be fine.

How are you getting by with all the modern equipment???

Firstly I would like to start by saying that I don't want to sound rude towards you at all.

By your replys on here so far it seams that you have some sort of issue with Woods and you are trying to put people off before they have even got there.

This is peoples dreams and I think you need to let people decide for themselves, any issues you have with Woods are YOUR issues please do not make them someone's reason to give up before they have even got there.

Lynne

Guest Hearne_Family
You do not come across as rude at all.I hear your sentiment...

Forwarned is forarmed(sic)

As has been pointed out in a deleted post by someone else,by all means use woods to get into australia,just be prepared for the stresses of working for this company.Has it ever been asked,why are they looking for staff from South Africa and the UK,where have all their workers gone?Staff turnover is shocking!Have you been in touch with anybody to hear what its like.Most of the South Africans have left,which again begs the question...why?They talk about modern equipment and having trained us 457 workers to high standards,what high standards,they are still using solvent paint for one,which was done away with here in the UK years ago.Get your head out of the clouds,get in touch with those still there and prepare those still going that things are not as rosey as it seems.In saying that, it can be, depending on how well one is prepared to suck up!

So again,use them to get in,its a damb great country!

Im going to ask again as my questions to you always seem to be ignored, what branch did you work at? I currently work for Woods and have no problem with them at all, I dont suck up, I just work hard and get on with the task in hand without finding reason to complain, its what I have always done with work and its what I will always do.

Do you ever think that maybe some people dont fit and thats the reason they leave the company? Woods employ o/s workers based on a half hour interview, people can talk the talk at an interview but cant walk the walk when they start the job and thats when the problem arises. Their staff turnover is high because people use them for PR, its not simply because Woods are a crap company.

When the UK switched to waterbased paint it was not done by choice, legislation was bought in making shops switch, that legislation has not been bought in in Aus yet.

Im all for people giving opinions on here so the guys looking to make the move get a balanced view, however, Im not for the way you 'warn' people and give general reasoning to it. Why dont you say where you worked, how long for, your gripe with the company personally - the reason why you are so keen to post on here in this thread.

Terry

You do not come across as rude at all.I hear your sentiment...

Forwarned is forarmed(sic)

As has been pointed out in a deleted post by someone else,by all means use woods to get into australia,just be prepared for the stresses of working for this company.Has it ever been asked,why are they looking for staff from South Africa and the UK,where have all their workers gone?Staff turnover is shocking!Have you been in touch with anybody to hear what its like.Most of the South Africans have left,which again begs the question...why?They talk about modern equipment and having trained us 457 workers to high standards,what high standards,they are still using solvent paint for one,which was done away with here in the UK years ago.Get your head out of the clouds,get in touch with those still there and prepare those still going that things are not as rosey as it seems.In saying that, it can be, depending on how well one is prepared to suck up!

So again,use them to get in,its a damb great country!

How do you know what was said in deleted posts if they were deleted as soon as they were posted unless you posted them aswell under a different name ????

Believe me my head if far from in the clouds,I have been in touch with a few people still working there so don't assume that I don't know what i'm doing.

I have a very useful and intelligent braiin of my own and I think i'm able to make my own choices in life.

I agree with what "Hearn_family" said about people useing it as a way of getting in to OZ....how do you know thats not what I want ??????????!!!!!!!!!!

Again don't make assumption about people ability to make their own choices.

Lynne

p.s. If its so bad why are you still there or have you already gone with a bee in your bonnet ??????

Guest Hearne_Family

Twiddledee...I currenty work for Woods and plenty of people have been in touch with me, please dont assume that all overseas workers hate the company, and dont assume that the guys who are making the move over in the next few months have not done their research.

Its an insult to peoples intelligence to make these assumptions.

The people I have been in touch with know whats involved, they know its hard but they are prepared to give it a go and not live life with regrets, you should applaud what they are doing, I applaud you for giving it a go, obviously you have regrets but we dont know what they are, you dont want to give reasons behind your feelings towards Woods. If you dont want to discuss in public PM me.

Just let these guys get a real balanced view, Im all for that. Imagine how frustrating it would be for you if I posted on here saying 'go for it its great' without reasoning and explinations - thats just a wasted post, more people would take note and listen to you if you were true and open in your posts.

Terry.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest GillianM

Hi Terry, im hoping it will be later this year, been told we should be granted visa first quarter of 2010. Then we can sell house and move over, prob more middle of the year. Cant wait but same time really scared, think its normal to feel like that but if we dont do it, we'll regret it. Will keep you all posted though.

Gillian

Guest GillianM

Hi Terry, we got visa granted today!!!!!!yippeeeeee, can't believe it, glad its all done and dusted, now the fun begins lol x

Gillian x

Guest Hearne_Family
Hi Terry, we got visa granted today!!!!!!yippeeeeee, can't believe it, glad its all done and dusted, now the fun begins lol x

Gillian x

Well done guys, BIG congratulations, bet your relieved? Get that house sold and we will see you here soon!!!

Terry

• 1 month later...
Guest markandmichelle

Hi all,

The wait is over for us now, Visa has come through finally. Hoping to move over at the end of April.

Time to sort things out properly now. Hope everyone elses visa's are going ok

MarkandMichelle

Hi all,

The wait is over for us now, Visa has come through finally. Hoping to move over at the end of April.

MarkandMichelle

Yayyyyyy, thats great news. How long did the visa take to come through??

lynne xx

Guest markandmichelle
Yayyyyyy, thats great news. How long did the visa take to come through??

lynne xx

Hi Lynne

The application was lodged on the 17 December and was granted on the 5 February, Seemed like a lot longer. How's your visa coming along?

MarkandMichelle

Guest Hearne_Family

OK guys, I am thinking of arranging a Woods meet up when everyone gets out here, by the time a lot of you guys get here it will be winter so there are a couple of choices:

Arrange something somwhere that we can all eat and drink or wait until the new year and have a big BBQ somewhere.

My personal preferance would be the BBQ as we can all have a few drinks and the kids can play and not get bored.

If I can have ideas and names of those up for it that would be great.

I know that I will be meeting up with some of you not that long after you get here but it will be good for everyone to get together and swap stories.

Good luck to those still waiting for visas and for those of you making the move in the next couple of months...good luck!!

Terry

Guest The Pom Queen
Hi all,

MarkandMichelle

What great news, congratulations and enjoy your new life down under:wubclub:

Guest GillianM

Hey Terry, thats my house going on market today, so heres hoping it wont drag on! was hoping to move after my 40th on 4th June if all goes to plan. Sounds great for a meet up and BBQ im all for it. Marion and hubby should be in Oz today are they not? cant wait to hear how they get on.

Gillian

Archived