Woods interviews

lynne1266

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all just a quick question for your travel insurance for the 1066 form, which companies did you use or would you recommend?? Terry gave me a website for when i get over that im going to use, cheers again for that terry, I have just about finished my forms and everything now, well ive emailed them to bianca im sure she will email me back saying you have missed this and that lol. I cant wait to get there and get cracking

Guest Hearne_Family
well done you, its good to see other people info good or bad and lots of the info you did point out has been said before on other forum i would rather know this before i went it has been a bit to rosey.

I have only been telling you guys how it is for me...

to the raes,

Thats all i wanted to do was say that some people have a big struggle her (families) our kids are at 2nd school & they all come home with letters with things that we have to pay for & we can't afford it!! I just thought that I could walk into a job just like that. Have been here 6 months no even a interview. I phoned a lady to ask her why she didn't get me a chance & she said that she would NEVER employ anyone on a 457 visa, she would always give a the job to a pr. You guys in the UK need to know that it is not a bed of roses here & the cost of living & things is very very expensive, hence why I say bring everything because when you convet back to pounds its shocking.I always have heart failure at the tills!!!

Guest Hearne_Family
to the raes,

Thats all i wanted to do was say that some people have a big struggle her (families) our kids are at 2nd school & they all come home with letters with things that we have to pay for & we can't afford it!! I just thought that I could walk into a job just like that. Have been here 6 months no even a interview. I phoned a lady to ask her why she didn't get me a chance & she said that she would NEVER employ anyone on a 457 visa, she would always give a the job to a pr. You guys in the UK need to know that it is not a bed of roses here & the cost of living & things is very very expensive, hence why I say bring everything because when you convet back to pounds its shocking.I always have heart failure at the tills!!!

Hey,

Not taking anything away from your informative post but the best thing I find is not to convert back to pounds, you are earning dollars and spending dollars, converting back will give you a heart attack every time!

Just out of interest has your hubby spoken to any of his management about how hard things are for you, there are quite a few wives of Woods workers getting jobs in branches or in Head Office, might be worth having a word and see what happens?

Terry.

Guest sharon and gaz

H i everyone had confirmation last week that Garry got job, interview went well and planning to travel over end of may next year. Unsure of what relocation package consists of at this time though but were all really excited at the prospective move I know a year will go in so quickly. sharon x:biggrin::biggrin:

H i everyone had confirmation last week that Garry got job, interview went well and planning to travel over end of may next year. Unsure of what relocation package consists of at this time though but were all really excited at the prospective move I know a year will go in so quickly. sharon x:biggrin::biggrin:

Hi Sharon,

Congratulations on the job offer !

Didn't they give you a sheet with all the package on ??? if not they will prbably email it to you.

Hope to meet you in OZ nxt May then !!!

Lynne xx

Guest GillianM

Hey all, had my viewer for house yesterday, went really well. The guy is a sparky and has split from his wife, so living at his mums. They both came up and loved the house and want it fully furnished as hed have to buy everything all over again. Couldn't sleep last night thinking about it, then got a call this morning from solicitor, hes put a note of interest in and wanted to put offer in but needed to talk to mortgage advisor but she wasnt in today so will have to wait till mond or tues. His mum seemingly said if he dosn't get mortgage she'll get it for him, and that hes desperate to get the house. God! i hate waiting lol it looks promising and hopefully can let Woods know soon that we'll be flying over hopefully June or July.

Gillian x

well done to you on the job, the recolation package is not that great, it just consits of the basic stuff just make sure that you get the $1000 dollars as some people who have came over were only given $500. as typical woods like to change their minds when they feel like it!!! & when you get here & they take you to head office they will give you a new contract READ ALL OF IT AS IT IS NOT THE SAME AS THE ORGINAL, they email you at home. They have made changes to the amount of time you have to work for them, so please please read it carefully...

Guest Hearne_Family

Have a safe flight markandmichelle, will be seeing you on tuesday when you come into work.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest markandmichelle

Hi Everyone.

We have arrive and settled in to our new place. Got to start work on monday after 3 weeks rest.

I not sure what "whatsitallabout" is on about.

We went and had the induction meeting last thursday and all the contract is exactly the same as the one they sent me in the uk, the only difference is they have filled in the address now.We had no problems getting the $1000 either. When Crystal picked us up and sorted out the rental at estate agents we came back to the house and she handed it over within half hour of coming in the door. No questions asked.

The relocation package isn't basic, everything works and it is all new, and when you fly to the other side of the world anything is better than nothing and Woods group does not have to supply you with anything it is just to help you settle in easier.

Woods HR personnel are there to help us all settle in and get things sorted out quickly, so we can all relax and start enjoying our new lives.

Which is what we all are coming over here for is it not?

MarkandMichelle

Guest Hearne_Family
Hi Everyone.

We have arrive and settled in to our new place. Got to start work on monday after 3 weeks rest.

We went and had the induction meeting last thursday and all the contract is exactly the same as the one they sent me in the uk, the only difference is they have filled in the address now.We had no problems getting the $1000 either. When Crystal picked us up and sorted out the rental at estate agents we came back to the house and she handed it over within half hour of coming in the door. No questions asked.

The relocation package isn't basic, everything works and it is all new, and when you fly to the other side of the world anything is better than nothing and Woods group does not have to supply you with anything it is just to help you settle in easier.

Woods HR personnel are there to help us all settle in and get things sorted out quickly, so we can all relax and start enjoying our new lives.

MarkandMichelle

Glad you found the whole move and experience so far a good one, looking forward to having you on board on Monday, we will have a chat with you when you arrive to see what you need in terms of PPE and tools until your stuff arrives. Have a good weekend.

Terry.

Hi Everyone.

MarkandMichelle

Great post !!!!

Glad you have got there ok and look forward to hearing more updates.

Good luck for monday and enjoy your new life.

Lynne xx

Guest GillianM

Hi Karl and Parc, any updates on your 457 visa? i read that the 175, 176 and 475 visa are on hold at the moment by DIAC, not sure if your visa just made it through in time, hope it has. Its so annoying when they keep making these changes all the time.

Glad Mark and Michelle arrived safe and well. Did Crystal have a big enough car to pick yous up with all your cases lol, cause ill have 7 or 8 probably. Im moving out the house 18th June, dont know if i just book flights or should ask Chris when to book, but thinking 2nd Aug to book them. I wont have the cash to pay for flights till i come back frm my hols 6th June, so be after that. Hope thats enough time for Chris to look for rental.

Gillian

Hey Gillian, I emailed Bianca and she was saying that it doesnt affect our visa but as yet they havent lodged my application,They have had all my documents a little over a week now so I'm guessing it will be this week sometime. I hope so anyway. Hope you are all keeping well.

Guest parc

Hey Guys,got the best news ever today.OUR VISA'S HAVE BEEN GRANTED!!!!!!!! Yippeeeeeee.:biggrin:

Now it's just getting house organised and up for sale!!

Wish us luck.

Terry and Mark make sure the barbie's ready!!!!:hug:

Speak soon

Angie xxxx

Hey Guys,got the best news ever today.OUR VISA'S HAVE BEEN GRANTED!!!!!!!! Yippeeeeeee.:biggrin:

Wish us luck.

Speak soon

Angie xxxx

Thats GREAT news Angie, i'm soooo jealous !! When do you think u'll make the move ???

Lynne xx

Guest parc

Hi Lynne,not really sure as yet,hoping to go Aug/Sept time,but depends on how quickly we get our house sold!!!!! Houses are starting to sell in our area,so hoping by time ours go's up4sale,we might get lucky.fingers crossed.xx Hows things coming along with Steve's passport,are you any further forward yet?

Hi Lynne,not really sure as yet,hoping to go Aug/Sept time,but depends on how quickly we get our house sold!!!!! Houses are starting to sell in our area,so hoping by time ours go's up4sale,we might get lucky.fingers crossed.xx Hows things coming along with Steve's passport,are you any further forward yet?

We got a letter on Saturday stating that after doing external checks they had dicsovered that there was a pending trial / prosecution for criminal damage to personal property and as we had not declared (basically lied on the form) this it is grounds for refusal !!

There is nothing pending at all !!, we contacted the police and they looked on the Police National Computer and found that this was a mistake and have now removed it. We had to send a letter from the police stating that there was nothing pending and have now sent that off so we just have to wait now...again !!!!

NIGHTMARE !!!

Lynne xx

Guest Hearne_Family

Wish us luck.

Speak soon

Angie xxxx

Great news guys,

Getting the Barbie on now ready for you!

Terry.

Guest GillianM

WooooooHoooooooo Angie, fantastic news XXXXXX now get tht house sold!!!!!!!!! cant wait to meet everyone, were hoping to fly over 2nd Aug, be good if u went same time xxx

Gillian

Guest GillianM

Hi, Lynne there just seems one thing after another, just hope it all gets sorted and you lot get visa and join us all xxxxxx

Gillian

Archived