Woods interviews

lynne1266

Guest markandmichelle
Hi guys, well house been on market for jst under a week now,so here's hoping someone will snap it up soon.we've been looking at Berwick still as a place to rent,quite fancy Timbarra area as schools are nearby,berwick village,parkhill plaza is within walking distance and fountain Gate a short bus journey away.As i dont drive i want to be nearby everthing and not feel as if im out in middle of nowhere!! Just wish we were coming out sooner.xx Can someone tell me wot are the bed sizes in comparison to the uk single,double,king and queen? so i can be bit more prepared and buy duvets and covers in advance. So looking forward to us all meeting up one day,will be good to finally meet every1.

Angie xxx

hi Angie

bed size are the same as the uk over here u do get a king single 2...... double the same and king the same just the king single is the different 1 we have come across.

i use the bus over here at the moment and find them very easy it cost about $6 for a day pass on the bus and u can also use it on the trains 2. so very good value,

fountain gate is just down the road from us about 15 20 mins by car, and it is big.. Marks say he will drop me off on his way 2 work and pick me up when he comes home...lol:biglaugh:

we also have a mall in Cranbourne town its no where as big as fountain gate, but still has k,mart and that,

with covers and that Woods do give u duvets and 1 set of covers and sheets, and then we just shipped our duck and down duvet we brought, just packed a couple of covers and sheets in our case so when 1 was off the had a spare 1.

good luck with u house sale.

take care

michelle and mark.xx

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GillianM

Hi Mark and Michelle, been looking at Cranbourne as i notice the houses on real estate are nicer in that area compared to Berwick, alot of the time the outside of the houses look nice but theres no photos of inside! I saw a couple nice ones in Frankston South in our price range of $300-$400 a week. Just hope we get something! but 2 days and no email from Chris! Crystal helpful, shes told us what were doing first 2 days we arrive lol but hope were not 2 nackered, and she says to hire a car for few days as well. What street are yous in Cranbourne?

Gillian

Guest markandmichelle

Morning Gillian

We are in Hamilton drive Cranbourne north, Chris will be in contact donot 4get he is busy will trying 2 find u something 2 match what u are asking 4, we are very happy with what we have, we did e.mail him with some of the houses we liked and they didnot all have pictures of inside so he sent of pictures of some of the insides, the 1s he thought were any good, as i say were we are we are so close 2 everything and we love it.

it is best 2 hire a car and 2 also hire a sat nav 2 with the hire car. sat nav was $10 a day,

Crystal was always on hand 4 any questions we had and very helpfull.

hope this helps:biggrin:

take care Michelle and Mark

Guest Hearne_Family
Hi Mark and Michelle, been looking at Cranbourne as i notice the houses on real estate are nicer in that area compared to Berwick, alot of the time the outside of the houses look nice but theres no photos of inside! I saw a couple nice ones in Frankston South in our price range of $300-$400 a week. Just hope we get something! but 2 days and no email from Chris! Crystal helpful, shes told us what were doing first 2 days we arrive lol but hope were not 2 nackered, and she says to hire a car for few days as well. What street are yous in Cranbourne?

Gillian

Hi Gillian,

As Mark and Michelle said, Chris will go along to house viewings for you and take extra photos, we emailed him our choices of houses and let him know what was important to us ie. Kitchen, big rear yard etc.

Most Schools in Berwick have a pretty good reputation, I dont personally know what would be best for a 14 year old though, my 2 are only 4 and 2 so we only have one starting school in Feb next year. Have you been using google maps and google street? We found it a great was of having a 'walk' along the streets we liked.

Please dont panic about Chris, he is very good at what he does and I dont know anyone who is not happy with what he done for them, this is a very busy time for him so there may be times when he doesnt reply straight away. I know how it feels when you are desperate to know that you have a place to live when you get here but take it from me and also Mark and Michelle who have gone through with this you will not be let down by Chris.

Any more questions just ask.

Terry.

Guest GillianM

Hey, ive got a sat nav and downloaded the Australian map on it. Yeah i know Chris is busy, just want to get things moving. Just he mentioned he wanted to start viewing houses this weekend but he never got in touch since i scanned and emailed all the docs to him and its been 3 days so looks like next week now. Maybe it dosn't take long to secure a rental and dont want to be paying for it till we move over. Will keep yous all posted though x

Gillian

Guest Hearne_Family
Hey, ive got a sat nav and downloaded the Australian map on it. Yeah i know Chris is busy, just want to get things moving. Just he mentioned he wanted to start viewing houses this weekend but he never got in touch since i scanned and emailed all the docs to him and its been 3 days so looks like next week now. Maybe it dosn't take long to secure a rental and dont want to be paying for it till we move over. Will keep yous all posted though x

Gillian

When you are looking at houses online check to see when they are available, We were really lucky that our house was available the day after I arrived. Im pretty sure that Chris will be in touch soon giving opinions of houses he has viewed, have you been sending him links on places that you guys like?

As a side note and this is just my personal opinion of Chris...

There was a problem with the contract with the rental when I 1st got here and they had to rewrite it, Catherine who was the girl doing Crystals job at the time had to get back to head office so she rang Chris to see if he had any ideas, he drove up from Frankston and collected me by which time things were sorted and he took me to the house. Also he made the effort to come up to Berwick on Black Saturday (47+ degrees) to get me a fan and make sure I had plenty of water. He also came by to offer help if I needed it.

Please dont panic, Chris is a great guy who actually makes an effort in his job.

Terry.

Guest GillianM

Hi all, my head is done in with constant back and forth looking at houses on real estate. Been looking at Berwick and Cranbourne, sent Chris a few links to houses and he is starting to view some tomorrow and at weekend, and hes sending some photos of houses that don't have pictures with them for you to view. I think the 1 tomorrow is in Ells Court Berwick, its a 4 bedroom but $385 a week, was trying to find one cheaper but didn't like the look of them, some pretty old fashioned inside...hey! maybe im too fussy lol anyway need to get to sleep and off this laptop. But anyway.. Terry....where in Berwick are you? and what areas are near shops and railway? Oh and Chris was on phone to me for 2 hours this morn lol seemed a nice guy.

Gillian

Guest markandmichelle

Morning Gillian

glad 2 hear things are moving alone now 4 u, Chris is very very good at what he does and he is a very nice chap, as Terry and ourselfs said Chris will not let u down just that he has alot on at the moment, and know that u felt out of the loop but Chris is good so try 2 chill, (know it is easy 2 say) and u just want everything in place so u know where u are going, we didnot know we had this place till the day be4 we got here:eek: (as in the fri and we was flying on the sat) but we are happy with our home, know Mark was on the phone alot with Chris in the lead up 2 us coming here. but things worked out just fine. :yes:

just enjoy it and when u get here u will 4get all about the lead up 2 it. have a glass of wine (that always helps....lol) take care Michelle and Mark

Guest Hearne_Family
Hi all, my head is done in with constant back and forth looking at houses on real estate. Been looking at Berwick and Cranbourne, sent Chris a few links to houses and he is starting to view some tomorrow and at weekend, and hes sending some photos of houses that don't have pictures with them for you to view. I think the 1 tomorrow is in Ells Court Berwick, its a 4 bedroom but $385 a week, was trying to find one cheaper but didn't like the look of them, some pretty old fashioned inside...hey! maybe im too fussy lol anyway need to get to sleep and off this laptop. But anyway.. Terry....where in Berwick are you? and what areas are near shops and railway? Oh and Chris was on phone to me for 2 hours this morn lol seemed a nice guy.

Gillian

Hi Gillian, I am in Berwick North, I live in Adelaide Close. We have a place called Parkhill Plaza about a 10 min walk from home which has all the essentials like Coles, Terry White (Pharmacy) etc but the big shopping centre is Fountain Gate which is about a 10-15 min drive away from us. The train station is on Clyde road, if you are after something newer then I would suggest you look at areas off of Clyde Road as that tends to be the newer part of Berwick. There is also Narre Warren which is the next suburb and thats where Fountain Gate is located and it also has its own train station.

Terry.

Guest GillianM

Hi, yeah ive been looking at Nar Warren as well. How are you getting on at the Kew branch...both of you? and did you get your promotion Terry?

Marion! how are you getting on with your plans? how long till you move?

Gillian

Guest Hearne_Family
Hi, yeah ive been looking at Nar Warren as well. How are you getting on at the Kew branch...both of you? and did you get your promotion Terry?

Marion! how are you getting on with your plans? how long till you move?

Gillian

Hi Gillian,

I am still at Kew and still enjoying it, we have our mad moments but on a whole we do OK here, Mark has settled in really well too.

Yes I did get my promotion, I am now the Assistant Manager so things are going well on that front.

Terry.

Guest GillianM

Hi, glad to here your doing well Terry. Cant wait to come over and finally meet up with you all, Marion wont be that far behind me either and hope we live near each other.

Gillian

Guest Hearne_Family
Hi, glad to here your doing well Terry. Cant wait to come over and finally meet up with you all, Marion wont be that far behind me either and hope we live near each other.

Gillian

Hi Gillian,

What date do you get here and when does Austin plan to start work?

Terry.

Guest GillianM

Hi Terry, we leave Scotland on the 1st Aug and arrive Melbourne on 3rd round 6am. Austin wants to have at least 2-3 weeks off before he starts work but hasn't disscussed it with Crystal yet. Only 2 weeks on Sunday, can't wait now lol

Gillian

Yes I did get my promotion, I am now the Assistant Manager so things are going well on that front.

Terry.

Hi Terry,

CONGRATULATIONS !!! It looks like things are going really well for you.

Hope to meet you early nxt yr all going well !!

Lynne xx

Hi Terry, we leave Scotland on the 1st Aug and arrive Melbourne on 3rd round 6am. Austin wants to have at least 2-3 weeks off before he starts work but hasn't disscussed it with Crystal yet. Only 2 weeks on Sunday, can't wait now lol

Gillian

:jiggy:hia hun

any news where u are stayin yet xxxxx

cant wait to meet you xxx

enjoy the sun !!!! and warm weather xxxx

love carolexxxxxx

Guest Hearne_Family
Hi Terry,

CONGRATULATIONS !!! It looks like things are going really well for you.

Hope to meet you early nxt yr all going well !!

Lynne xx

Hi Lynne, thanks for the Congrats, look forward to meeting you guys too.

Terry.

Guest sytner

just be careful ,there are alot of limitations on a 457 visa.if he doesnt like this company and wants to move sponsor this can be costly and stressfull.atc again for your thousand pounds you get alot of promises but when you arrive it is very different.the shops are in a very poor condition and poor quality work is done ,this company have a high turn over of staff.ask the question how many over sees people have stayed with the company either on a 457 or when they have got pr .if they anwers honestly which i doubt you will take a long hard look.

Guest Hearne_Family
just be careful ,there are alot of limitations on a 457 visa.if he doesnt like this company and wants to move sponsor this can be costly and stressfull.atc again for your thousand pounds you get alot of promises but when you arrive it is very different.the shops are in a very poor condition and poor quality work is done ,this company have a high turn over of staff.ask the question how many over sees people have stayed with the company either on a 457 or when they have got pr .if they anwers honestly which i doubt you will take a long hard look.

Hi, how are you? Is there any chance you could repost this post corrected so that people can understand what the hell you are on about??

Many thanks,

Terry.

Guest markandmichelle

i donot know which shop u are in in the woods group??? or if u are just 1 of them people who like 2 make trouble????? :skeptical:myself and my other haf moved here 12 weeks ago and he has been working 4 woods now 4 10 weeks, and he loves it in the shop he is at, he enjoys working 4 the company and with the team he is with, he has a good manager and ass manager, and the ass manager was always on hand with any questions he had. (he even helped him 2 get his tool box 2 the shop 4 him..):biggrin: its like many thing if a company is going 2 help u with the move they will have limitations on a 457 visa, (but then any company would....) and as 4 the money woods give u i think i $1000.00 goes a long way, (that is what we have found.......) as 4 the shops my oh is happy with where he is, how can u say the shops are in poor condition???? as 4 u saying about the quality of work......my oh was working on high end cars back in the uk, and no matter what sort of car it is he would never let a job go untill he was happy with it, he may only be a panel beater but he treats all jobs as if it was his car..... i think people like u give woods and the workers a bad name and it people like uself, that if u are not happy maybe u should go back.......some of people (if not all or most of the people) enjoy the people they work 4 and with. its the same where ever u go, u donot know what u are going 2 but then again woods have given u the chance 2 try a better way of life. maybe people like uself are not happy but why come on here and make out that most people feel this way??????????? i am sorry u feel this way, but that is just u and how u have found things. most of us are enjoying our life, and my oh is quite happy where he is. :biggrin:

Guest GillianM

well folks not long now......all the organising and talking years ago about moving to Oz is finally on our doorstep. Im excited about moving and looking forward to the flight for some reason. We have secured a rental at Unit 5/55-57 Strathaven Drive, Berwick, Vic 3806.

Hope to meet up with you all once we get over the jet lag.

Gillian x

Guest The Pom Queen
well folks not long now......all the organising and talking years ago about moving to Oz is finally on our doorstep. Im excited about moving and looking forward to the flight for some reason. We have secured a rental at Unit 5/55-57 Strathaven Drive, Berwick, Vic 3806.

Gillian x

Gillian that is great news, things are falling in to place nicely.:wubclub:

Kate

Gillian x

Hi Gillian,

Glad you've sorted ur rental now, just a few days and u'll b starting ur new life !!!

Keep in touch,

Lynne xx

Archived