Woods interviews

lynne1266

Guest Hearne_Family
Hello Angie

Really sorry to hear you have not sold your house yet, hope you sell it soon,

Hello Neal

We know what you mean about working long hours for not much, thats why we what to look at starting a new life somewhere where u do have a summer. well with all your years in this line of work, shore they will snap you up.

Hello Terry

We have been looking on the Woods site, and looking at all the shops, be looking about Melbourne to, how are you finding it? it looks like you are the one who helps all people thinking of a job with Woods, How long have you been with Woods now? anything you would change? sorry to go on, but thankyou.

Louise

Hi Louise,

We have been here 19 months now. Still enjoying it, Im lucky that I work with some pretty cool people, lots of whom have made the move too so we are all in the same boat! There are others on here who will help, markandmichelle are also helpful. They are newer arrivals than us so they will prob be more up to date in terms of paperwork.

I dont think there is anything I would change, Im pretty happy with my lot.

Terry.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest the woodcocks

Hi Terry

By the sounds of it, the way your discribing it is exactly the reasons for us wanting to come out there! I am difinatley a half glass full sort of person which is why i am cant wait for interview.

I keep getting told off at home for making the kids watch neighbors and home and away just to get a bit of an accent! lol. Then am soon bought back down to earth with a "you aint got the job yet" but "hey" whats life without dreams, especially those ones that can become reality.

Sounds as though all out there are getting on fine.

Cant wait, fingers crossed

Neal

Guest louise72

Hello Terry

Thankyou for getting back, sounds like everything is going really well for you, does it seem like you have been there for that long? do you have family? my hubby Tom is looking forward (thats if he gets the job and if we get the visa) to enjoying the outdoor life, is living over there how you thought it was going to be? thankyou 4 u help so markandmichelle have just been though it all, thanks for that,

Hello Markandmichelle

so how have you found it all? what was the interview like? what was going though the visa like? have you found it easy to meet people? i bet you all know each other well? well thankyou and sorry to ask so much.

Louise

Guest Hearne_Family
Hello Terry

Thankyou for getting back, sounds like everything is going really well for you, does it seem like you have been there for that long? do you have family? my hubby Tom is looking forward (thats if he gets the job and if we get the visa) to enjoying the outdoor life, is living over there how you thought it was going to be? thankyou 4 u help so markandmichelle have just been though it all, thanks for that,

Hello Markandmichelle

so how have you found it all? what was the interview like? what was going though the visa like? have you found it easy to meet people? i bet you all know each other well? well thankyou and sorry to ask so much.

Louise

Hi Louise,

It doesnt seem like that long, time has really flown by. The life out here is just what we wanted, plenty to do outdoors and plenty of space. I do have a family, I have a wife and three kids. My eldest will be 5 in feb, the middle will be 3 next month and my youngest is 9 weeks old.

We are happy that we made the move and we are lucky that we have met some great people here and settled in so quickly.

Terry.

Guest sharon and gaz

Hi everybody

Just to let you all know thats our visas been approved and a big hello to the new guys on here. Best of luck to you all. i'm sure everything will go fine with the interviews. take care.

Guest markandmichelle
Hi everybody

Just to let you all know thats our visas been approved and a big hello to the new guys on here. Best of luck to you all. i'm sure everything will go fine with the interviews. take care.

Hi Sharon and Gaz

Congratulations 2 u both, bet u are all so pleased that is over with? if like use we was walking around in a daze 4 a while........:wacko: well congrats 2 u again.

Mark and Michelle

Guest markandmichelle
Hello Terry

Hello Markandmichelle

Louise

hi louise

Interview was ok was just like u was sitting there with friends having a chat, they make u feel at easy, the visa didnot take much time at all i think in all it toke about a month and a half, no worries just ask away we have all been here so know what it is like,

take care Michelle

Guest sharon and gaz
Hi Sharon and Gaz

Congratulations 2 u both, bet u are all so pleased that is over with? if like use we was walking around in a daze 4 a while........:wacko: well congrats 2 u again.

Mark and Michelle

Hi guys.Thanks.Isuppose it will just fly in now.

Guest the woodcocks

Hi all

A week untill interview!! Cant wait,

A few questions if anyone can help,

has anyone taken thier dog with them?,shipped stuff in 20ft or 40ft container or brought new when over there.

taken thier car either roro or in container

sorry for all these questions but they are just a few things that i cant get clarity on from the net.

Neal

Guest Hearne_Family
Hi all

has anyone taken thier dog with them?,shipped stuff in 20ft or 40ft container or brought new when over there.

sorry for all these questions but they are just a few things that i cant get clarity on from the net.

Neal

Hi Neal,

In answer to your questions, we just shipped my toolbox and bought new furniture here, it was hard work on a budget but we did it!

Terry.

Guest sharon and gaz

Hi Neal

The visa application itself only took about 4-6 weeks.Getting your paperwork in order can be a pain though.They are quite thorough and basically want to know everything about you.All of your stuff has to be copied and certified which can take time.We are shipping our stuff over 4 weeks before we fly out at a cost of £3500 for a half container.its not worth shipping out a car as you will be taxed to death on it.an animal may also set you back about £1500 to take over.GOOD LUCK WITH THE INTERVIEW. Garry.

Hello Evereyone,

We are new to all this.

OH has his interview with Woods in London next Sunday 10th.My head is about to explode with all the research I have been trying to do.This is our dream so fingers crossed he gets a job offer.OH is a panel beater.

I have loads of questions I need to ask.

Here are a few:

How much capital do people have to begin with?

How well do Woods pay?

If you get a job offer do they tell you straight away what branch it is at?

How long have families on here had to wait for visas on average?

So worried about leaving family & friends behind.How do you cope?

I have tons more to ask but it wood take me all night.

Thanks

Antonia & Patrick x

Guest markandmichelle
Hi all

Neal

Morning Woodcocks family

Not brought a pet over with us we leafted him back in the uk with family, it does cost quite a bit 2 bring animals over and lots that they have 2 go though, but people have brought pets over, guess it depends on the age of the pet.

We shipped some of our stuff over as we needed 2 send Marks tool box, and we have been buying things over here 2, we went out in our 1st week here and brought a washing machine, t.v and fridge and the cost on these were $1200 which we didnot think was bad, and the good thing is if u pay cash they will do u a deal.

as with the car Mark did look in2 bringing his car over the min it was going 2 cost 2 ship if was going 2 be about £10 grand and that was without the costs when it reached this end, hope this helps?

anymore questions just ask away.

take care

Michelle and Mark

Guest markandmichelle
Hello Evereyone,

We are new to all this.

OH has his interview with Woods in London next Sunday 10th.My head is about to explode with all the research I have been trying to do.This is our dream so fingers crossed he gets a job offer.OH is a panel beater.

I have loads of questions I need to ask.

Here are a few:

How much capital do people have to begin with?

How well do Woods pay?

If you get a job offer do they tell you straight away what branch it is at?

How long have families on here had to wait for visas on average?

So worried about leaving family & friends behind.How do you cope?

I have tons more to ask but it wood take me all night.

Thanks

Antonia & Patrick x

Morning Antonia and Patrick

welcome good luck with the interview next sunday,

we started off with £10 grand in the bank and we have been here 4 5 months now and still got over half of what we started with still in the bank in the uk.

Woods will go in2 what they pay at the interview, so u will have a better ideal on sun, donot think it would be right 2 go in2 pay, Mark got the job offer there and then, no u donot find out which branch u will be at untill about 4 weeks be4 u fly.

our visa only toke about 6 weeks (from sending all the paperwork off 2 getting the e.mail saying we had our visa) and that was over the xmas and new year time so not very long at all,

Friends and family will miss u but it is a good reason 4 them 2 have a holiday and come and c u :biggrin: anything else u would like 2 ask just ask away u can always drop me a pm

hope u have a good week take care Michelle and Mark

Guest markandmichelle
Got the job offer!!! Visa's now!!!

Congrats 2 u, all the best with the visa and selling of u house, all the best again.

c u in oz next year:jiggy:

Mark and Michelle

Guest the woodcocks

HI All

Got job offer on saturday!

Wow, we can wait

well done littlekelly, good luck

going out in a month for a look round, fingers crossed.

The woodcocks

Guest Hearne_Family
HI All

Got job offer on saturday!

Wow, we can wait

well done littlekelly, good luck

going out in a month for a look round, fingers crossed.

The woodcocks

Well done guys, do you mean you are coming out here for a recci?

Terry.

Guest the woodcocks

Hi Terry

Yes just a quick recci, only 10 days in total so its going to be a quick visit!, hopefully meet some people look at houses and schools, just to put our minds at ease realy

Neal

Guest Hearne_Family
Hi Terry

Yes just a quick recci, only 10 days in total so its going to be a quick visit!, hopefully meet some people look at houses and schools, just to put our minds at ease realy

Neal

Hi Neal,

Where are you looking at as a possible area to live?

Terry

Archived