Woods interviews

lynne1266

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest markandmichelle

congrats 2 u Gillian and u family hope u have a safe trip, take care.

Mark and Michelle:biggrin:

Guest IainandAlison

I also live in Strathavan Drive wiv my Hubby and 2 kid's. If u wud like to meet up just get in contact....

Guest sharon and gaz

hello everybody.gaz here.been a hectic couple of months getting organised.thats us just applied for visa so fingers crossed.so the very best of luck 2 everybody over there.Sharon had 2 also sit ielts english exam for her nurse registration in oz.bloody hard apparently.hope 2 arrive early June next year.

Guest markandmichelle
hello everybody.gaz here.been a hectic couple of months getting organised.thats us just applied for visa so fingers crossed.so the very best of luck 2 everybody over there.Sharon had 2 also sit ielts english exam for her nurse registration in oz.bloody hard apparently.hope 2 arrive early June next year.

Hi Gaz and Sharon

well good luck with u visa hope it all goes well 4 u both.

June next year will soon be here......trust us:yes:

well all the best again and u have 2 keep us updated.

all the best Mark and Michelle

Well......its been a very very long time but my OH has now been officially made a British Citizen after living here all his life and....£700 later!!

Now thats out of the way and he now has a British Passport we can start the next stage...just need to get the money together now for the OZ visa.

Because of the problems we've had we had to extend our rental in the UK for another year so once everything is done it sould be July next year unless we can get out of our rental earlier.

Lynne xx

Guest markandmichelle

HI Lynne

Congrats on u news, hope all goes well 4 u 4 u next step.

July will soon come around. take care.

all the best Mark and Michelle

Guest sharon and gaz

Hello everyone.Sharon passed her ielts exam for nurse registration in Melbourne.Got an "A".

phew!It was crucial to us moving over cos i dont think we could survive on one salary.How is everybody settling in?:

Guest markandmichelle

hi Sharon and Gaz

Thats great news glad 2 hear Sharon got a A, do u have any family?

are u going 2 be working 4 Woods?

we have settled in well thanks 4 asking, other half is enjoying his work, he works with a good bunch of people, even if he is lossing his good ass manager,

well good luck with the next bit.

we are doing ok with the wage that Mark is on, as he is the only 1 working, things are not as dear as u may think, but will be better after i get a job.......lol

well take care

Mark and Michelle

Guest sharon and gaz

Hi Michelle. Ive also signed up with Woods.We have 3 kids.Conor 18. Robyn 15 and Erin 5.

Conor serves as radar operator in Royal Navy so he wont be going over to Oz until he serves his time.Robyn is in final year at school studying her highers and Erin just started school yesterday.Glad to hear you and Mark have had a good start.Hopefully when we get there we wont be too far away from everyone so maybe we could meet up and you could show us the ropes.Take care guys,we'll stay in touch if thats okay with you.

Guest markandmichelle

hi Gaz and Sharon

Good 2 hear fom u, so u have u hands full with the children:biggrin:

Mark is enjoying working 4 Woods, so shore u will 2,

hope Erin had a good 1st day at school?

that would be great about keeping in touch, u have 2 let us know about how u are getting on with u visa, and if there is anything we can help with just drop us a line,

sounds good about meeting up, when u get over here, have 2 have a bbq. most people head 4 Berwick which is only about a 10 15 mins away from where we are.

well take care and talk soon.

Mark and Michelle

Hello everyone.Sharon passed her ielts exam for nurse registration in Melbourne.Got an "A".

phew!It was crucial to us moving over cos i dont think we could survive on one salary.How is everybody settling in?:

CONGRATULATIONS !!!! It will make everything so much better knowing that you will find it easier to get work.

Lynne xx

hi Sharon and Gaz

Thats great news glad 2 hear Sharon got a A, do u have any family?

are u going 2 be working 4 Woods?

we have settled in well thanks 4 asking, other half is enjoying his work, he works with a good bunch of people, even if he is lossing his good ass manager,

well good luck with the next bit.

we are doing ok with the wage that Mark is on, as he is the only 1 working, things are not as dear as u may think, but will be better after i get a job.......lol

well take care

Mark and Michelle

Hi Mark and Michelle,

Its good to hear that Mark is liking working with Woods. We were hoping to be there by now but as you can see we had a few problems, but now its all sorted we can concentrate on getting there.

Have you met up with Gillian yet ? how is she getting on ??.

Lynne xx

Guest markandmichelle
Hi Mark and Michelle,

Its good to hear that Mark is liking working with Woods. We were hoping to be there by now but as you can see we had a few problems, but now its all sorted we can concentrate on getting there.

Have you met up with Gillian yet ? how is she getting on ??.

Lynne xx

Hi Lynne

but now u have sorted out the few problems u can now move forward, and fingers crossed 4 u that it all goes easy 4 u. the time will soon fly by, it only 11 months since Mark had his interview and we have now been out here 4 3 and a half months,

Mark is enjoying working with the group he does work with,

no not met up with Gillian yet but Marion did have a text off Gillian say they have been sooo busy with buying all the stuff 4 they new place, and a car, and sorting out. and they should be having the internet up and running next week, hope u have a good rest of u week and a good weekend. take care Mark and Michelle

Hey sharon n Gaz,thats briliant news,bet it's a load of ur mind!! We'll need to meet up b4 we head over,im sure u n paul can arrange something!!!!!!! Our house is still on market,here's hoping that we get a buyer soon. At this rate,maybe we'll all end up going over at the same time!!!

Take care n speak soon

angie xxx

Well......its been a very very long time but my OH has now been officially made a British Citizen after living here all his life and....£700 later!!

Now thats out of the way and he now has a British Passport we can start the next stage...just need to get the money together now for the OZ visa.

Because of the problems we've had we had to extend our rental in the UK for another year so once everything is done it sould be July next year unless we can get out of our rental earlier.

Lynne xx

Thats gr8 news Lynne,not before time eh!!!!!!!!!!! Now uz can look forward to applyn n gettn ur visa.:yes:.fingers x'd it wont take that long.

angie xxx

Hi Mark n Michelle,so glad to read thats uz have settled in,cant believe its been 3 1/2 months!!!!!!! How r uz finding it all,wots weather like for their winter? Michelle have u been looking for work,wots job situation like in Melbourne? Hows mark finding working in Oz compared to the U.K.Any tips uz can give us in regards to wot things to ship and wot to bring in luggage.Wot airline did uz fly with and how was it? Sorry to go on a bit.

Take care

angie xxx

Guest sharon and gaz

Cheers Angie.W'ere sure your house will be sold soon.Defo for meet up.Ithink Gaz and Paul are just desperate to get out that place now and have a fresh start.been in there too long now i think.

Guest markandmichelle
Hi Mark n Michelle,so glad to read thats uz have settled in,cant believe its been 3 1/2 months!!!!!!! How r uz finding it all,wots weather like for their winter? Michelle have u been looking for work,wots job situation like in Melbourne? Hows mark finding working in Oz compared to the U.K.Any tips uz can give us in regards to wot things to ship and wot to bring in luggage.Wot airline did uz fly with and how was it? Sorry to go on a bit.

Take care

angie xxx

Hi Angie

nice 2 hear from u, sorry 2 hear the house has not sold yet, shore it will happen soon 4 u all. (i keep my fingers crossed 4 u)

i know hard 2 believe we have been here 3 and half months already:biggrin: we are really enjoying it, the weather in the last 3 weeks has been a bit poor, most days we have had rain, but it is not as cold as it is in the uk when it rains here.....so thats good...but looking 4ward 2 summertime 4 the bbqs....:wubclub: i must say i have not been really looking 4 a job, but now wanting 2 look 4 1, only so much cleaning u can do...lol it has been nice 2 just chill out and not having 2 worry about looking 4 a job, (think Mark has got use 2 me doing everything 4 him......lol) going from running a £3 million department 2 being at home is a big change.....

Mark has said there is not alot of different from uk 2 oz only thing he has said is there are alot of older car here, ( back in the uk he worked on high end cars) he enjoy working with the group at Kew, but was sorry 2 c Terry go.

we shipped Marks tools box and all his tools, sofas, a 42inc tv, bed, table and chairs dresser, bookcase, we even shipped over our dyson...:yes: pictures and some other stuff. there is stuff now looking back we could have shipped, but its always nice 2 go shopping....lol and there are some places that do u a good deal if u pay cash. u can pick up some good deals here, we went with Qantas it was not bad the flights were all on time, the only problem was Mark is 6 foot tall and the person in front had they seat down all the time, so that was the only problem, we just said we would go 4 extra leg room next time. in our suitecases Mark had a suitecase just 4 his tools, we packed a couple of towls, a change of bedding we did pack shower wash and things like that, laptop, Mark did bring some of his old work clothes, as it does take a little while 4 the work stuff 2 come though. if there is anything else i can help with please just ask and i will do my best 2 help. (sorry if i have gone on a bit.....:jiggy:)

hope u have a wonderfull weekend.

take care Mark and Michelle

Guest sharon and gaz

Hi folks

Just to let everyone know that Shaz has a telephone interview with the Royal District Nurse Association tomorrow morning for a position.Its all getting frighteningly real now lol.

I have been asked by Bianca to update my c.v. again in a format that suits them however i cant provide exact start and finish dates for bodyshops i worked in over 10 yrs ago although i beleive the months to be accurate.Any advice guys?

Hi folks

Just to let everyone know that Shaz has a telephone interview with the Royal District Nurse Association tomorrow morning for a position.Its all getting frighteningly real now lol.

I have been asked by Bianca to update my c.v. again in a format that suits them however i cant provide exact start and finish dates for bodyshops i worked in over 10 yrs ago although i beleive the months to be accurate.Any advice guys?

Hi,

I had a telephone interview with the RDNS in Melbourne earlier this year, i am now in the process of waiting for my sponsorship visa. The interview is very relaxed, i had 2 telephone interviews. 1st one was an informal chat, the 2nd was clinical scenarios. They are a lovely bunch of people. I even went to london to meet one of the senior managers as she was in the country. Anyway I hope your successful, you never know i may see you around. I am going to be placed in Sunshine.

So goodluck for tomorrow !!!:em3600:

Emma

Hi folks

Hey Sharon,good luck 4 tmrw,not that you'll need it.xxxxxxx We're sure it wil be plain sailing for u.Need to arrange a get together soon,could be doing wif a wee nite out!!!!!!!lol Let uz no how u get on. Hey Gaz,Pauls still got a copy of his c.v that he sent off,we'll print a copy off over weekend and he'll bring it in to work next week.xxx

angie xxxx

Guest sharon and gaz

thanx Angie.did the interview,think it went ok.got to have a medical now.I should know by monday if i got the job.Still good for a nite out sometime,we hardly get a chance for one what with the kids and that.

Guest Hearne_Family

Hi guys,

Not been on here for a while, how are you all keeping? I cant remember exact dates but I believe that there will be a lot of you coming over in the next few months, enjoy your last few months in the UK, the time flies by! When you all get here we will have to arrange a BBQ somewhere, there are lots of lovely parks around where the kids can play and burn off some energy. If you are all interested please send me a PM with your arrival date, where you will be living and if you have any kids.

Good luck, enjoy the next few exciting months.

Terry.

Archived