Woods interviews

lynne1266

Hi, Lynne there just seems one thing after another, just hope it all gets sorted and you lot get visa and join us all xxxxxx

Gillian

I know !!! We've sent letters of from everyone now stating that it was an error so hopefully should be sorted soon !!

Lynne xx

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GillianM

Hi Karl, no word of your visa yet or Marions?

We opened bank accounts online with NAB, very easy and straightforward. Said we would get account numbers etc...in 2 weeks, it came in 2 days.....what a service lol and they have no bank charges for having a bank account or using your card at the supermarket auto tellers. Read alot of good reports with them, just to book appointment 2 weeks before we move over for some lady to show us around and to talk to us. And theres no need to put funds in right away. Anyway, let us know when that visa comes x

Gillian

Hello Gillian. No word as yet on the visa. I emailed bianca and she said it cold take upto 90 days but some have gone through in as little as a month. Il just sit tight and see. Thanks for the info on the bank front, im stil unsure as to either wait to open an account or set one up here before i go. Hope all is well your end

Guest GillianM

Karl, its best to open an account here before you go, and we opened an trading facility with Moneycorp. Its just that if you have funds then its easily transferred into your Oz account before you go and you can do it when your in OZ.

Gillian

Guest GillianM

Hi Karl, why you need proof of your address? i dont think i needed to give them anything.

Gillian

Guest GillianM

Hi again lol maybe ill have that to come, just opened an account with them, done nothing else. Was going to book flights today but couldn't do it, as i knew that was it if i done it, really hard to do. Im soooo scared now, were financially doing well here but lifestyle, weather is crap, but im scared we'll move over and struggle on 1 wage and spend all our savings on furnishing a rental and buying cars. Most people on this forum put you off by saying its going to be a struggle on that wage from Woods, and food, bills, furnishings and clothes expensive there, even house prices are sky high and thats why its so hard to secure a rental. Its maybe cause weve never been, and we really want to move but very scared and in 2 minds at the moment.

Gillian

Guest markandmichelle

hi gillian

i understand where u are coming from, we was just like u, didnot know if we was doing the right thing, only 1 wage coming in and what about buying things........the list goes on and on, but then we sat down and said we would rather give it a go and c what happens, instead of in 10 years time thinking why did we not give it a try........ not saying its easy from what some people have said, but we have been lucky i guess, as there is only us 2, but the house we are renting is sooo much better than the 1 we was renting in the uk, and the price is better 4 what u get, (and donot 4get u donot pay pole tax.) food shopping guess like anything depends on what u buy... the prices are good on meat (if u buy in bulk) ca"not really say we have notice much differents in what we spend, but think the best thing 2 do is not work back 2 the £ work in the $. and mark has got a car not what we are use 2 in the uk, but 4 now it will do till i get a job, and said we would get another 1, and that 1 would be 4 when family come over. we have been out and brought a tv and washing machine, 4 less than what we brought a washing machine in uk, like anything u have 2 look around, i donot know if u are shipping stuff over here? we should have ours in port next week and then should get it (fingers crossed) the week after.:~) but people have said they have got a house packet which cost about $2000 4 sofas bed table ect ect...... but woods group start u off with a $1000 which helps and they give u a base starting set, towels.dinner set,kettle,bedding ect ect. and they are on hand 2 help with any questions. all i can say is u have 2 be open minded and think of it as a new start, we are loving the weekends going out and about, i not saying some of the people have not found it hard, and maybe we are some of the few who have found it easy, all i can say is that no 2 people are the same. sorry i know i go on a bit.....lol but just thought i would say how i have found it.....:~)

all the best. michelle

Guest parc

Hi All,Wondering if you could help us out with things that we need to do b4 we come over.I know we need to get crdit refs for rentals,open bank accounts.what else do we need to do?Do we need to get copies of medical and dental records to bring over with us?Do we need any jags from docs?regarding nurseries and schools thats something we can sort out when we know roughly where we'll be staying.Our heads our totally frazzled with all this!!!!!!

Gillian i know how u feelin,thats the way i was feeling right up to our visa been granted but now......The excitement has really kicked in,jst cant wait for everything to fall into place and get over there!!! We know it wont be a walk in the park,life is what you make it,and we cant wait to start our new life.

Mark n Michelle i sooooooo happy thats uz are enjoying life over there jst now.Where are u staying?We are still looking at Berwick but also getting drawn towards Frankston South.

Take care guys

Speak soon

Angiexx

Guest markandmichelle

hi parc

donot know about jabs we didnot have 2 have any, u do need ref, 4 rentals and bank statements, personnel references, and some bills, but chris will let u know everything u need be4 he starts looking 4 u. all i would say is wait till woods come back 2 u 2 let u know where u other half will be working, thats what we did, we are in Cranbourne, pretty close 2 everything. and its within the travel 4 mark 4 work. i know from here alot of people are in Berwick. we just kept looking at house around this area Berwick Cranbourne so on, this house we are in was our 2nd choice, but really happy with it.

good luck and try 2 stay chilled ..... (sometimes it will seem easy said than done..)

michelle

Guest parc

Hey Michelle,thanks for the quick reply.what company did u use to ship ur goods over? Like Gillian think we'll be shipping over some boxes full,plus kids bikes and maybe pauls toolbox,intending on buying new once there.Did you look at houses for rent online then email Chris with 1s u liked for him 2 view?Did u pack anything other than clothing,shoes toiletries in ur suitcases that u took with u?Sorry for all the questions,but it's good (for us anyway) to speak 2 someone who's jst made the move and experienced what we've still to go thru!!!!!!! lol

Cheers

Angie xx

Guest Hearne_Family
Hey Michelle,thanks for the quick reply.what company did u use to ship ur goods over? Like Gillian think we'll be shipping over some boxes full,plus kids bikes and maybe pauls toolbox,intending on buying new once there.Did you look at houses for rent online then email Chris with 1s u liked for him 2 view?Did u pack anything other than clothing,shoes toiletries in ur suitcases that u took with u?Sorry for all the questions,but it's good (for us anyway) to speak 2 someone who's jst made the move and experienced what we've still to go thru!!!!!!! lol

Cheers

Angie xx

Hi Angie,

If there is one bit of advice I can give it would be ship over Pauls toolbox as the tools over here can be pricey.

Also in relation to getting a rental property sorted, Chris will contact you guys as talk with you to see what you want in a house, then he will ask you to email him links to places you have found online, he will view and give honest opinions for you. He will also email you application forms for the most common real estate agents that you fill out and email back, this means that he can put in an application straight away for you.

In terms of what people have packed, I had one bag full of clothes, the other had pictures/photos, some kids teddies and some bedding!

Terry.

Guest GillianM

Hi Michelle, im feeling a bit better today, still not booked flights though. had an appointment with Career Scotland today and they made me a CV so hope it Ozzie friendly lol, i read not to bring health records unless you have health issues, and not to bother with dental records so not bothering bringing them. Just aked for daughters immunisation record with dates to give to the school and have all her report cards from P1 till now. What do you mean by personell references? is it work refs or character? we have utility bills, mortgage statements and bank statements. It is hard to get a credit ref from anyone as we only have our mortgage.

Gillian

Guest markandmichelle

hi parc

we used anglo pacifc 4 shipping our stuff over here, wouls say 4 u 2 ship pauls tool box over, mark has (but he did bring a suitcase with us on the plane so he would have the tools he needed 2 c him though till his tool box comes)

with houses we was looking on line most days and then mark knew where he was going 2 be working we looked at houses within the travel 4 him 2 get 2 work, and we had a short list (some of the house chris sent was not quite what we wanted) chris went 2 c our top 3, 1 of them he said was no good, our 1st choice landlord want 4 the renting agent 2 meet us 1 be4 he would say yes, and the cranbourne 1 landlord had said yes 2 us.

we did pack bedding with us and towels and as u say toiletries and that, and of course marks suitcase of tools.

no worries with the questions if there is anything else u would like 2 know (and if i can answer them i will) we have all been there and now what it is like head filled with sooooo much info.. :)

take care and talk soon.

michelle.

Guest markandmichelle

hi gillian

glad u are feeling better 2day.

when we went and filled in our medicare form was straight forward we didnot bring our doc notes with us, when phoned the docs in the uk be we came and said do we need them they said no. i think if u have no health issues u donot need 2 worry.

u need character ref. and wage slips, as u have had a mortgage would there be a way of getting a ref from u mortgage company?

hope this helps?

take care.

michelle.

Guest GillianM

Hi Michelle, i will get Austin and myself character refs. Austin had mortgage in his name only so i suppose it will just be him needing the wageslips and he did get a letter from mortgage company just saying that i can confirm you made regular monthly payments to this account, and its on headed paper and if he he needs further assistance to phone on the number. So hope thats good enough for them. How many bank statements and mortgage statements you need for rental?

Gillian

Guest markandmichelle

hi gillian

we just had 2 of each and that seem 2 be fine with with the rentals, i donot know what money u have put aside 4 coming here (and it is nothing 2 do with me) but we had sent chris statement from each of our own bank accounts. which didnot show 2 much in it, as we had a account in both names where we had been putting the money away 4. (we did get turned down 4 a house about a 2 weeks be4 we came here) so we thought we have good refs with the place we had rented be4 and pers, ref. also if u are working 2 u will need 2 e.mail u wage slips 2.

we said 2 chris about it and sent him a statement of our joint account and that seem 2 work, as we got cranbourne now. hope this help?

sorry if i go on abit, just trying 2 give as much info as i can 2 help....:~)

take care and have a good weekend.

all the best michelle.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GillianM

Hi, well last night i booked our flights, 1st August with Singapore Airlines and i have picked our seats on the upper deck. As to bedding, if i buy some king size duvet sets with fitted sheets will they fit a king or queen size bed there? as i was going to go to Primark to buy bedding and towels to bring with us. Also i emailed SA and they said it was ok for Austin to bring spray guns etc..in checked baggage as long as they were clean, so thats fine. Pretty busy now with packing clothes and ive got 3 tea carton boxes to be shipped over, using Anglo Pacific. Cant ship till i know our rental address. But its all happening now, exciting and scary at the same time. If anyone can tell me what i need to bring over with me that we would need straight away? Not sure what the household package entails?

Gillian x

Guest Hearne_Family

Bedding, towels and smellies will be essential. I think the furniture package has changed from when I got here so I cant really let you know what you will get, I would suggest that you email Crystal at Head Office to find out from her.

Have fun getting everything ready!

Terry.

Hi, well last night i booked our flights, 1st August with Singapore Airlines and i have picked our seats on the upper deck. As to bedding, if i buy some king size duvet sets with fitted sheets will they fit a king or queen size bed there? as i was going to go to Primark to buy bedding and towels to bring with us. Also i emailed SA and they said it was ok for Austin to bring spray guns etc..in checked baggage as long as they were clean, so thats fine. Pretty busy now with packing clothes and ive got 3 tea carton boxes to be shipped over, using Anglo Pacific. Cant ship till i know our rental address. But its all happening now, exciting and scary at the same time. If anyone can tell me what i need to bring over with me that we would need straight away? Not sure what the household package entails?

Gillian x

WOW....thats great news, thats it now no turning back !!!

Guest markandmichelle

Hi Gillian, thats great news. time will soon fly for you now, know it did after we booked the flights, time just seems to get away for you. As for the relocation package, we received queen duvet (very thin), queen bedding inc 2 pillows and cases and a matteress protector, 2 bath towels, 1 hand towel, 1 face cloth, and 1 bath mat. 3 tea towels, 4 place dinner set plus 4 cups, 4 place cutlery set, 4 tumblers, kettle, toaster, frying pan, sauce pan, alarm clock, dust pan and brush. Fridge and table and chairs for 6 weeks loan, $1000 for first shop. think that was all.

Are you buying/renting inflatable beds for your arrival? They are not bad we have only needed to inflate it a couple of times since we have been here.

Check with Cyrstal first but we used the head office address as an address to get our belongings on the way, if you want you could use ours even. Once you have you rental address you can soon e-mail them and change it. Anglo pacific wrote to us before our goods where due in to the check delivery address, just changed it then.

Austin would be best to bring some work clothes with him as it takes a while to get them through work.

I take it you are not bringing any furniture with you? Have a look on Fantastic Furniture > Home for home packages. A good place for electrical goods is http://www.thegoodguys.com.au if you pay cash you can haggle over the price. we got 32" tv, 7kg washing machine, and 216 litre fridge/freezer for under $1400.

hopes this helps with your plans

if you need more advice just ask

Mark and Michelle

Guest GillianM

Thanks for that michelle, do u need a thicker duvet then? not sure wheither to rent king size beds till we buy our own or just buy the inflatable beds? i suppose we will be busy buying everything once we get there. Wheres good to buy 2nd hand cars? with the shipping im not quite sure what to do once ive packed the boxes. Do i print off the sheets and write exactly whats in the box then stick it to the box? did you insure the contents of box?

Gillian

Guest GillianM

Hey Karl, you not got your visa yet? everyone else got theirs. I booked with SA as i read alot of good reports on PIO about them and to get seats upstairs which i have done. The flight was from Edinburgh to London with BMI, then London to Singapore with A380, then Singapore to Melbourne on A380, costing us £3,083 for 4 adults. Not sure wheither to hire airbeds of hire king size beds till we buy new. I promised the kids they can have a king size bed each, so they can share 1 between them till we buy them 1 each.

Gillian

Archived