Woods interviews

lynne1266

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GillianM

hey mark and michelle any ideas where yous will be renting? is chrisine finding you a rental?

Gillianx

Guest markandmichelle

Hi Gillian hopefully we will be renting in Berwick, seems like a nice place. Christopher is dealing with the rental side of things, he has the some information about what we want now so it is in his hands. How about you?

Mark

Guest markandmichelle
Cheeky bugger!! I am only 2 years older than you!! :biggrin:

Sorry Terry. Application must of changed during last year

Guest sharon and gaz

Thanks for your replies. OH's interview will be by telephone . We live in glasgow at present and I will also be leaving behind 19year old son who is in the royal navy. I'm a district nurse and hope to have a job lined up before we leave. It's good to know there as friendly people out there oh and garry and I are both 40!!

Hi Sharon,I'm Angie,Gaz and my OH Paul works together in UK ARC.Our visa was lodged 2 wks ago,so hopefully will be hearing back in next month.Haven't been asked to do a medical,so dont know if once visa comes back that they request one then.It's good that paul n gaz know each other.

Guest GillianM

Hey Sharon and Gaz, i will be 40 on 4th June, Austin not 40 till 5th Jan next year. We will be leaving behind my 19 year old son too. We live not too far from you, were in Perth. Hope too all meet up one day lol x will add you as friend if thts ok?

Gillian

Hello folks, sorry i havent been on in a while i've had a lot of things to sort out etc. Well im after some advie if thats at all possible. Im filling out my 1066 form and im kinda stuck on question 43. I have a nvq level 3 in vechicle refinishing as well a diploma and key skills. I have also recived heaps of on site training over the years i was curious as what do i actually put down apart form my qualifications. If there is any painter who has applied for the visa and it been granted i wouldf be grateful if they could pm me with the types of things that they put down. I have most of my referances together and hope to be on oz before the end of the year, Also who are people using for health insurance? thanks for your time

Guest GillianM

Not long Sharon, u doing anything for it. Are you nervous about the move? i have days i cant wait and others im crapping it lol x

Gillian

Guest sharon and gaz

Hi Gillian,

I'm off to visit my friend Alain down in brighton for the weekend, I leave next thurs might have to drive down if BA strikes though! Then we're off to london to see a show on sat. Can't wait a weekend away from kids and OH lol!!! Am I nervous about the move? Absolutely!!!!

Guest sharon and gaz

Hi Angie,

Thanks for your message I know garry is relieved he has someone to talk to about oz. We will definitely have to meet up in the next few months to have a chat. Thanks for gettin in touch. sharonx

Guest Hearne_Family
Hello folks, sorry i havent been on in a while i've had a lot of things to sort out etc. Well im after some advie if thats at all possible. Im filling out my 1066 form and im kinda stuck on question 43. I have a nvq level 3 in vechicle refinishing as well a diploma and key skills. I have also recived heaps of on site training over the years i was curious as what do i actually put down apart form my qualifications. If there is any painter who has applied for the visa and it been granted i wouldf be grateful if they could pm me with the types of things that they put down. I have most of my referances together and hope to be on oz before the end of the year, Also who are people using for health insurance? thanks for your time

Hi Karl,

I thought you had gone a bit quiet! If you have to get your own insurance I can recommend Frank (frankhealthinsurance.com.au), they are a no frills health insurance and you can apply online, I just got the basic cover as we are also entitled to medicare, I dont know if there is a certain level of cover you have to get yourselves?

Terry

hey Terry, yeah i have been quiet a bit lately. i met a girl who lives near me she is from oz and thinbgs were going great we were going to come out in oct for a holiday then look for schools for her little 1 then go from there well i dont know what really has happened but that aint happining no more......

So i think its about time i cracked on with this venture and get myself over there. Thanks for the health advice Any tips on the 1066 form? i just dont know really what to put in the on job training etc, like how much info they are after etc? I'm just waitin on two references, then i can apply should be within the next month. I'm hoping to fly out 26 november my birthday i shall be the big 3 0 hahah anyway mate hope all is well and speak soon

Happy belated birthday Sharon!!BIG 40.Paul and I must be the toddlers in our little "Woods family" here on POI.:hug:.

Hey Terry,hows things down by.Is the weather anywhere near as crap as it is back here in UK!!! Thats been over 2 weeks since visa been lodged,fingers crossed it'll take the 6wks instead of 8,just can't wait for it to come through.

Angie xx

Guest Hearne_Family
Hey Terry,hows things down by.Is the weather anywhere near as crap as it is back here in UK!!! Thats been over 2 weeks since visa been lodged,fingers crossed it'll take the 6wks instead of 8,just can't wait for it to come through.

Angie xx

Hi Angie,

The weather is still hovering around the mid 20's. Good luck with a fast visa application, keep us updated.

Terry

Guest Hearne_Family
Hey all. It was a quick question is it travel insurance i need to lodge my visa application or health insurance? When's people heading out for the new lives then? I'm hoping to leave end of november

Hi Karl,

Im not too sure because things have changed since I came out here but I have a feeling its Health Insurance, if you are unsure email Farel Savitz and ask him.

So if you leave at the end of Nov you will get here for summer! That will be a shock to the system!

Terry

haahha thats what im hoping nice hot weather. i dont really mind where i live when i arrive tbh, Thought id maybe try a few diff places close to where i find out il be working.I'm jjust going to arrive with my bag and spray guns and get sorted then start to buy furniture etc when im there.so ws going to either look to house share or a furnished place to set off with. I really cannot wait. ill email them thanks terry, congrats on the promotion mate.

Hey all. It was a quick question is it travel insurance i need to lodge my visa application or health insurance? When's people heading out for the new lives then? I'm hoping to leave end of november

Hey Karl,we've already sent our visa away and it's travel insurance that you need to cover your journey and until u get med ins once there.U need to make sure your name is on travel document and it's not just a policy number stating your covered.We're hoping to go out Aug/Sept if all goes to plan.:yes:.

Hi Parc, thanks very much. Ill sort that out this weekend, Are you a panel beater or spray painter? Where you looking to live? Have you heard back about your visa?

Thanks again

Hey Karl,sorry didn't introduce myself earlier.I'm Angie n my OH Paul is a Panel Beater.We've been looking at Berwick to live as is i think everyone else!!!! I suppose were we end up depends on what bodyshop Paul gets a position in.It'll be 3 wks tmrw since the visa application was lodged,we haven't heard anything yet,i suppose no news is good news!!!

Angie x

Archived