Help needed for an urgent flight back to UK

sadsmile23

Hi Sadsmile,

I have sent you a PM and will keep searching for a direct Manchester fare for you.

Keep your chin up,will keep in touch.

N'OZ

Edited to add I can get you on a KLM flight for $2132.13,which isn't that much cheaper than the Emirates fare you were quoted but if you are interested I can send you the details.

Does the KLM flight have 2 stops/changeovers?

Guest proud2beaussie
Does the KLM flight have 2 stops/changeovers?

Yes,it has I hour in KL and 2 hrs 25 mins in Amsterdam so it's a 3 leg flight ,it's a Malaysian Airlines codeshare for part of the journey.

I'm also working on Dan's idea of Tiger to Singapore then a connection to Manchester which I can do for about $1700.00 but am trying to work out connections that don't mean arriving in Singapore at 2.50 in the morning.

Guest acbh2

If you fly with air asia x from perth to kuala lumper it is $292 return. you can then fly from kuala lumpur to london for $1300.58 which is a total of $1592.

Air air asia x are a basic travel company I have used them to KL b4. But your not travelling with children so won't need to have all the entertainment for them. Its to London but flights from there to mcr are relatively cheap these days.

Good Luck with getting something booked. I really hope you make it in time. Thinking of you and your family at this difficult time.

Andrea x

Would be a long wait at KL approx 15 hrs. But maybe could use a diff airline from KL. $292 from perth to KL very cheap x

Emirates fly to mcr from KL via dubai so this may be an option also and at $1400 would be $1692 perth to manchester return. Bit of a nightmare with diff airlines but if cheap is what u need may be a good option for u xxx

Have been looking into the possibility of a budget flight to, say Singapore, and then getting a connection from there, yes.

Just really getting peeved that I can fly return FROM uk to perth for less than £600, but for the same journey in reverse its going to cost me 4 times that amount - just so unfair.....

Guest proud2beaussie

It's to do with various factors number one being demand,there is much more demand statistically for flights from Australia to Europe than there is the reverse,also a plane uses more fuel flying East to West than it does the other way due to the jetstream,it also costs a lot more to operate an aircraft from Australian airports due to higher fuel cost,higher navigation and landing charges and overall maintanance issues etc as well as the cost of staffing reservations centres etc being higher.

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Jill

Sorry to hear this. At least you will be home to help your dad and you can be strong for each other at this tragic time. Big Big Hugs

Kate:hug:

Guest bruce&jackie

So sorry to hear about your mum , but i'm sure you will bring great comfort to your dad just seeing you. Our thoughts are with you have a safe journey, Jackie x

Guest andrew_obrien

06:00 Depart Perth (PER)

Arrive Manchester (MAN) 19:05 Mon 27-Apr

Duration: 20hr 5mn Emirates 425 / 19

Connect in Dubai (Dubai Intl.)

spaceit.gif

20:50 Depart Manchester (MAN)

Arrive Perth (PER) 00:55 +2 days Wed 6-May

Duration: 21hr 5mn Emirates 20 / 424

Connect in Dubai (Dubai Intl.

£1121 usuig expedia

Guest jen25

Hi,

Sorry to hear your news.

You could get a stand by flight, my friend works for a airline, they do it all the time. We are getting a one way ticket for three of us to NSW for £600 no stops. don't know what the fare would be for one person but it's around £150 ( i think) it does get you on a flight, but it is a little risky as you may have to wait ( my friend says that often if its just the one seat then you'll get on the flight you want, most people in the industry do this) if you pm me i can give you more details. Best of luck, Jen

Archived