Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'needed'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Working and Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Visitor Visas
    • Studying and Training Visas
    • Other Visas
    • Repealed and Closed Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Citizenship
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 1,303 results

  1. Hi. My Partner and i are moving to Sydney on Monday and have accommodation for the first week we are there but need something from the 28th for a longer period ie 6 months. I used to rent a property in Edinburgh and have a letter from the landlady if needed. i will be working as a staff nurse in the POW Private Hospital in Randwick so something nearby would be preferable but not essential. I have been looking on the regular rental web sites ie domain.com.au but as inspections are only at weekends we are quickly runnning out of time. Anyone who can help out a little would be really appreciated. Thanks Yvonne and Scot
  2. I'm in the process of Applying for my Skills Assessment by Engineers Australia including a Relevant Work Experience Assessment. On the Engineers Australia website, I've seen the excel spreadsheet which lists the summary work experience. However it also talks about having a more detailed "endorsed" document which should detail exact periods of work, specific duties etc. which needs to come on Company Headed paper. I'm lucky to have worked for the same employer for over 10 years and for a lot of that time I have worked predominently for one manager who is personally willing to assist me with a statement but i am reluctant to "officially" inform the personnel department by asking for a formal company statement until our Visa is either well underway or granted. Can anyone out there advise me on their experience of RWE statements or possibly share a copy of one? My specific queries are (a) typical content of a statement (b) who it needs to come from? I.e. does it need to come from the personnel department or can it come from a direct manager provided it is on headed paper? The company I work for is a large multi-national and we have little contact with the personnel department so the person writing the statement from personnel is unlikely to know me and will just copy facts from the Company payroll system etc. Your help much appreciated Ashley:hug:
  3. Guest

    Advice needed!

    Hi everyone! My husbands a telecom engineer and I'm struggling to find what this job comes under in oz. I can only see lot's of different eletrical tradesman jobs on the government website and we've know idea what it comes under, does anyone know how we can find out?? thanx :cry: :cry:
  4. taffordbark

    foster carers advice needed

    My wife and myself have been foster carers in the U. K for the past ten years. Currently we foster two sisters who have been placed long term with us, they have lived with us for the past 7 and a half years or so and are currently subject to a long term care order, there is no prospect of them ever returning to their birth family. Recently we appointed an emigration agent to explore the possibility of us emigrating to Adelaide, obviously because the girls have been with us so long we would wish them to come with us,,we have always maintained however that we would continue to support contact with the birth family, be it distance or a once a year face to face contact. This is all happening with the full support, agreement and funding by the Social Service department we are with. We are currently in court in an effort to resolve certain issues regarding the birth families consent and would need to know whether, in order to obtain a visa for the children would we need to have a full adoption order or would a special guardianship order along with a statuary- declaration from the birth family or the courts be sufficient. We would appreciate any legal information that you could provide to us in order to present to our Solicitors and the Judge who is involved with this case at Manchester Courts. Thank you for your time and co-operation with this matter. kind regards Martin Roantree
  5. Hi my name is Mike and my wife is called Heather and i`ve a daughter Holly-Jane and yes yet another Pom wanting to move to Auz. I`ve been thinking about it for sometime now and am thinking of starting the process of emigrating. Not really sure as to where we`ll be moving to, but thats the plus side of my job, they relocate me to where i`m needed. But i want to be able to buy my own property, send my daughter to school, have children out there, live a nice lifestyle with my wife. But what i`m unsure of is, is the Medical and dental treatment good? How about the education i hear the state schools out there are simialar to our private schools? Is living out there cheap, ie buying food, paying electri/gas/water bills, clothes, utilities etc..And finally how often do you come across deadly bugs in your home??My wife has a terrible fear of spiders, and worried our little girl would play with them. Thanks for reading my essay, but some assurance would be great.
  6. hi everyone, i'm just new in this forum..... as i've read the articles here, i am convinced that there are many concern people here willing to help anyone asking for assistance..... i know my queries are far from what is mostly asked here but i will still take the chance, who knows......... i am trying to reach anyone who can help me on how to apply for ahpra or be able to go to australia and work..... i am a registered nurse here in the philippines........... i've been scanning over and over ahpra.gov.au for weeks now yet still don't know where to start or how the process goes........ can i ask someone who can give me instructions, like step by step on how to do that??? please anyone help.... i would like to process everything on my own including ahpra application, visa and job application or school application( if needed) as i do not have enough funds to pay an agency to do all these for me............ and if anyone can suggest the cheapest way there isit would be highly appreciated........... can some one please respond to me, my ielts will expire early next year........ badly need to process everything fast and if possible within this year............. anyone please help :unsure::cry::cry::frown::wacko::sad: oh, btw, i would also ask for same information for my friends, if you can please provide options and instructions for registered nurse with no clinical experience and non-registered nurse..... i sincerely apologize for asking too much information, as i have no more choice left, oi am solely relying on this for answers......... please help.... thank you
  7. Hi When we arrive we are thinking of just buying a banger for a car until we get sorted. We have been looking on Queensland transport website about process of buying a second hand car. The website said rego includes third party insurance. Is this the only insurance you need legally or have you got to get other insurance like here in UK? Thanks Jill xxx:confused:
  8. Hi everyone! My husband and i and 2 kids moved over to melbourne 4 months ago form hull uk, we are in our early 30s and looking for friends as we havent met anyyet! We live in deleahey 30mins from the city! Its been an emotional time and we think having someone else to talk too would help us settle!:jiggy: So please drop us a line thanks louann jamie x
  9. On behalf of our client, a leading Australian healthcare sector organisation, McGrath Migration Lawyers is currently seeking generalist and specialist registered nurses to fill over 400 jobs available around Australia now. Shifts and locations can be tailored to most requirements. Working holiday visa holders are welcome to apply, as are nurses seeking employer sponsorship, state sponsorship or independent skilled migration. Please note, to be eligible for registration, overseas applicants will need to have an IELTS score of at least 7 in each band. If you have over twelve months experience as a registered nurse and are eligible for registration in Australia, we would love to talk to you! Our client has jobs available in: · aged care nursing · child and family health · community health · critical care and emergency · development disability · disability and rehabilitation · medial · medical practice · mental health · midwifery · perioperative · surgical · generalist registered nursing If you’d like to take advantage of this opportunity to live and work in Australia, please send a copy of your current résumé, to Susan Wareham McGrath at susan[at]susanwareham.com
  10. Hi, I am a newbies to the forum and this is my 1st time posting new thread. I will be migrating to Australia and staying in Truganina in 2 months time. Can anyone share with me the living in Truganina, good or bad about the living there:chatterbox:, pls just share with me so that I can get prepared:notworthy: Pls share with me about the crime rate at this area as well:cry:. I have 2 boys, age 2 & 5 years old. I am also looking for Public State School for my elder son, pls share with me those government run with good reputation school around this area?? Thanking you all in advance as I really need help :confused:
  11. Hi there I am hoping that as there are lots of people on here all with different experiences together you can help answer some of my questions. Next week when ive finished my week of night shifts I am going to really get the ball rolling and in order to do so i was hoping if i posted my questions now that leaves some time for you all to answer before i start doing it all, so basically if anyone can help on the following: 1.Nursing registration - can the copies be certified by a JP and can you take your own copies and just get them stamped, I thought they had to photocopy them as well. 2. Satement of service from employer - I am getting this from HR and they have given me a letter to fill in to request it but is only for my current job, do you need a statement for each job you have done? 3. I am hoping to go on 457 and bring the OH along on it, who decides whether he can come on it? is it the empoyer sonsoring me or DIAC? On a 457 am i right in thinking you dont need a skills assessment doing by ANMC 4. On a 457 do you still need to get the NMC to send veification to the WA nursing board, i thought you did but then a post i read on here earlier got me questionning it? I will have a lot more questions but thats all i can think of for now. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
  12. Hello to the Poms Community, We are a new family registered to the Poms, we've been to an Opportunities eXpo seminar in Manchester, UK today and would like to know if any fellow Pom members can recommend a good value for money Skills Assesment organisation? We are wanting to apply for a skills assesment but would like to do so with a trusted & valuable organisation. Thank you for reading our post. The Buckells
  13. We are thinking of send our 2 children 7 & 11 to Currimundi State School. We went to see it on our reccie last year and it seems really nice. Does anyone have children at this school or know what it is like. Also does anyone know of any other good schools in that sort of area. Any help would be appreciated as getting the school right is the one thing i am worring about the most. x
  14. we currently have a case officer. applied on a 175 (on my fellas job - boilermaker) i am a registered midwife, with 2 yr experience hoping to be in oz by the end of the year. am just looking at ahpra paperwork. i know i have to register with AHPRA to be able to practice as a midwife in oz. we are wanting to go to either NSW or Perth. 1. i initially qualified as a midwife in october 08, but there were no jobs so i worked within mental health as a care assistant for a year. 2. i have worked as a registered midwife since july 2009 3. i have a letter from my hr department detailing my post, hours and dates of employment. is this correct for what i need. 4. is it just ahpra that i need to apply to. i dont need to do the skills assessment as we are going on my fellas job. 5. ahpra want a certified copy of all academic qualifications. eg. academic transcript. what does this mean. can i just send them my certificate from hull university stating my award. does it need certifying by a solicitor 6. ahpra want my curriculum vitae detailing my full practice history and any clinical or procedural skills undertaken. signed and dated by my employer. can someone help me with this bit please, what shall i put, how much detail do they want and who can sign and date this for me, my manager dosent know im applying and i dont want her to know. 7. what evidence do they want to show i was taught and assessed in english sorry this post is soooo long, but am starting to get really stressed out with all of this. many thanks nicola
  15. Hi - does anyone know if we are required to obtain a Singapore visitor visa/pass for a 2 day stop over on way to Oz ? Thanks in advance for any help. Michele & Ian
  16. Guest

    uk plaster needed

    when in trouble i always seem to turn to this forum !lol if post is in wrong section feel free to relocate it ,, :tongue: as a plasterer in the uk i didnt realise how good our products are!! until i move to oz and find that the oz equiverlent is a nightmare to use, its called hard finish plaster and you need to mix lime with it,, avoid it its a nightmare, i have just skimmed over yesterdays attempt with filler, :mad:iwhat would be a 2w hour mix is 2 days, my question is have any british plasterers come to oz and remained plastering uk style (plastering the whole room ) not just filling and sanding the joints, if so what product are they using??? i am tempted to import a pallet of british plaster and use it on my house, expensive yes but when weighed up against time and effort well worth it, also when i am allowed to start work for myself in oz qld would they be a demand from poms in oz:biggrin: for uk style plastering, hope that made sense,lol all imput welcome cheers chris
  17. I am a 26 year old male from Wolverhampton.I have been working as a technical heating engineer for British Gas for the past 4 years.I am now looking to emigrate to Australia,but need some information on finding a job.I have scoured the internet looking for Australian gas companies and gas fitter jobs,but have been unable to find many.Would it be more beneficial for me to initially apply for a 12 working holiday visa,then try to find work whilst on that?or to keep on looking for a job first here in the UK?It would be great to hear from any gas engineers who have already emigrated or found jobs.Any help would be greatly appreciated.I have listed my UK qualifications below,just incase anyone out there is looking to offer me a job lol :-) EEDH Energy efficiency (domestic heating) Installation and servicing of unvented hot water storage systems CCN1 Core domestic gas safety CEN1 Domestic boilers CKR1 Gas cooking appliances HTR1 Balanced and fan assisted gas fires/wall heaters DAH1 Ducted ait heating WAT1 Instantaneous water heating appliances NVQ Level 2-domestic natural gas maintenance NVQ Level 3-domestic natural gas maintenance All certificates to prove above qualifications are all valid. If anyone out there knows of any gas companies who might be looking for employees then please get in touch with me.Craig
  18. Hi all, We are an irish family with two girls aged 2 & 4 and are looking for a nanny full time. Transport would be essential as we are a decent walk from the train station. Ideally we would like the girls minded in their own home but if there is a stay at home mum with her own children out there that would be great as the girls are really sociable. Pm us if you are interested. Sally Anne and Colman.
  19. :chatterbox:URGENT..........I am a professional single mother looking for an au pair to arrive in Melbourne, Australia on or about 3 April 2010!!! My beautiful little family is made up of three of us, which is my 4 year old daughter (turns 5 in July 2010) and my son who is 8 years old (turning 9 in May 2010) and myself. We have previously had one au pair from Germany and our current au pair is from Denmark. Both girls have quickly become part of our family when they have come to live with us. Our current au pair finishes with us on 17 April 2010 so I would like our new au pair to arrive two weeks prior to that so she can show you the routine and you can get to know the children and build your confidence driving on Australian roads!!!:yes: You will have no accommodation or food costs at all - I will pay all of that!!! In a 'normal' week you will be with the children for about 40-50 hours as my little girl goes to kindergarten two days during each week, which gives you 2 days (during school hours) to do as you please. You are free to party or explore on weekends as it is not often that I need help on the weekends with the kids. I do expect some light house hold duties to be done, which includes vacuuming and mopping of house once per week, keeping the kids clothes and bed linen washed and put away and keeping the children's bedrooms clean and tidy. I will pay you up to $200 per week (cash) in pocket money and if I do need go out in the evenings for dinners/parties etc, I will pay you an extra $50 each time this occurs (approximately once per month). As you live with us and become part of our family, I want you to feel comfortable in our home as we do. If you think that our family sounds like a family that you would love to share 6 months of your life living with an Aussie family in Melbourne, Australia, I look forward to hearing from you! PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED [ONLY FEMALES NEED APPLY AS NO MALES WILL BE CONSIDERED] PM me for details
  20. Hi folks, I'm doing a research for my Doctorate of Education at La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia.It's about the problems people are experiencing when taking IELTS test. I badly needed your help and you can only help me by sharing your experience,comments and complaints about IELTS test. Hope everyone who will read this will have a heart to share his experience. It would be a great help.Thank you. Regards, mike
  21. Can anyone tell me, when you get your visa granted ( eventually! ), do the whole family have to travel to Oz to validate or is it just the main visa applicant? Obviously with a house to sell we may need to validate before that happens and although we are still waiting for CO and visa we are trying to get a little bit organised and have a fall back plan!!
  22. Guest

    Fencers needed

    Good morning all, We moved to Brisbane in April and set up a fencing company, finding it really difficult to find fencing contractors to work on large projects in Sydney/ Melbourne. Is there any fencing contractors out there or do you know any Chris
  23. Hi there This is my first post to the forum, and I am sure there will be more to come... Not surprisingly, the first question is about skills assessment done by VETASSESS... I am an international postgrad student in Australia, and would like to get my skills assessment done with my non-Australian qualifications. The thing I get confused is about work experience. I will give below two different information on how work experience is assessed for skills recognition. The source of the first piece is VETASSESS itself, and the other one has recently been provided by an agent. VETASSESS states in its website that (under FAQ): "I have been studying and am only allowed to work for up to 20 hours a week; will this be enough for the full skills assessment? In calculating years of paid employment, VETASSESS will count employment of at least 20 hours per week. We will not consider weeks of less than 20 hours per week even if the average hours of your employment was 20 hours per week or more." And the below information is given by an agent: "Have you worked 20 hours a week doing paid work for a cumulative period of 12 months over the last 5 years? If so, would you be able to obtain letters of reference from your employers supporting this work? If you have 12 months paid professional work experience at 20 hours a week over the last 5 years you will be able to apply for accreditation based on your non-Australian qualifications. " What makes me confused is this: "20 hours a week paid work for a cumulative period of 12 months over the last 5 years" With a basic math; you need to work for 1040 hours cumulatively (20 x 52 = 1040 hours) in the last 5 years in order to get 12 months work experience. The number of hours I worked is well over 1040 hours, but as an international student most of the weeks I worked less than 20 hours (around 15-18) just to be on the safe side! So if VETASSESS uses the cumulative hours I worked in the last 5 years, that's OK, I have more than enough. But if the weeks I worked less than 20 hours will not be counted, then it simply means I do not meet the conditions for work experience, although I have worked much more hours than needed (but less than 20 hours p/w). I hope there are people out there who have an idea or answer!!! Happy Easter to all!!!
  24. Writing on behalf of my good friend- has just paid nearly 2000 quid to an agent to be told 'no' by SA for their state sponsorship program. She has been teaching primary in the UK for 8 years, holds a first class BA degree but went through the Graduate Teacher Training program, not the PGCE. Anyone/ any teachers out there know of a way around this, or if any schools are offering 457's at the moment? She is massively disappointed and rightly so- the agent did not at any stage inform her that she must have completed 4 years (not 3) higher ed in order to apply for the SA visa. Thanks all.
  25. :wubclub:Hi we are an Irish familly living in the Gold Coast looking for other famillys to meet up. We have moved here 4 weeks ago from the Sunshine coast We have an 8year old girl and a 11year old boy. So if anyone fancys meeting up give me us a shout.