SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

@CelinaOz we wanted to get out for the new school year but as middle son is doing GCSE's we need to wait till he's finished them really. How old are your children?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, that's fair enough. They are 3.5 and 6.5 years, so only one of them is school age and it's nursery for other.

We are very fresh into this in comparison to all you guys.....its been a month, but everything is uploaded and we are just waiting!

Have quit my job for summer (teacher), our flat is now under offer and we have booked our travels from september to april 1st. Really hoping it gets approved before then, otherwise I will be coming back to stay with my parents for a while, haha. Am hoping nothing more needs sending, we did cover all bases!

We are very fresh into this in comparison to all you guys.....its been a month, but everything is uploaded and we are just waiting!

Have quit my job for summer (teacher), our flat is now under offer and we have booked our travels from september to april 1st. Really hoping it gets approved before then, otherwise I will be coming back to stay with my parents for a while, haha. Am hoping nothing more needs sending, we did cover all bases!

I hope that all goes well for you! I wish we had a time scale that short! Our house won't go on the market till the end of this year as we have to wait for me to finish my degree in December, then I have to work here 3 months full time before applying for my Aussie registration. So based on that and kids doing GCSE's our earliest fly out date would be 1st July next year! It seems an eternity away and I just want to be back in Oz now! After years of refusing to return due to my past relationship, one trip in December 2014 changed my mind and all I've wanted to do since is go back! Hoping 3 years in planning will be all worth it x

I hope that all goes well for you! I wish we had a time scale that short! Our house won't go on the market till the end of this year as we have to wait for me to finish my degree in December, then I have to work here 3 months full time before applying for my Aussie registration. So based on that and kids doing GCSE's our earliest fly out date would be 1st July next year! It seems an eternity away and I just want to be back in Oz now! After years of refusing to return due to my past relationship, one trip in December 2014 changed my mind and all I've wanted to do since is go back! Hoping 3 years in planning will be all worth it x

Thanks! We had been planning it for a while too but OH said we couldn't decide until I had been there….I guess we are lucky that we only have to think of each other, and living in London where property is flying off the market its all been a breeze…..fingers crossed!

I am sure it will be worth it :)

Thanks! We had been planning it for a while too but OH said we couldn't decide until I had been there….I guess we are lucky that we only have to think of each other, and living in London where property is flying off the market its all been a breeze…..fingers crossed!

I am sure it will be worth it :)

I'm sure it will x we are lucky property wise too we live in a highly desired street as a fantastic primary school is literally round the corner, the 3 houses next to ours have sold super quickly recently and ours has many more features so I'm not worried! Moving kids (and the dog) is a huge task! Not sure how my parents did it in the early 90's with no internet! Although they say ignorance is bliss [emoji23]

My biggest issue is my lack of patience in waiting! I hate it!!

My wife and her family are from Brisbane also. Her mother and step father now live on Bribie Island, so we baseing ourselves there initially.

Mrs H used to live in Auchenflower and is familiar with the wider area and have friends all over the city.

We are still researching places to live.

Exciting times.........

Out of interest where are we all moving to? I'm heading to Brisbane, QLD. I grew up in rural QLD but I have family and friends all over Brisbane and QLD so going back to where I know and love x

Out of interest where are we all moving to? I'm heading to Brisbane, QLD. I grew up in rural QLD but I have family and friends all over Brisbane and QLD so going back to where I know and love x

We are looking at Adelaide or Brisbane (3rd choice being Perth) - I lived in Adelaide years ago and enjoyed the smaller city, short work commute and beaches on your doorstep - so think it would be a lovely family lifestyle. Although all depends on work opportunities for hubs & Adelaide isn't the best place for that.

We are also looking at Brisbane (although have never been before)...the things that slightly put me off is the humidity & the beaches aren't around the corner (unless you move towards them - then there's a longer commute to work and we'd like a 30 mins journey).

One of the main pulls for us is that currently my hubs works in London & has an almost 2 hour commute. We have a lovely house - if we moved to get a quicker commute, we'd be in shoebox comparatively. So we want more family time (less commute time), beaches nearby and a decent house. That's our ideal anyway!

Ditto Celina......my wife and I both work in London and have a 3 hour round daily commute, we moved out of London a few years ago for a semi rural life change, now we are going for a complete life change!!

You know you've made the right decision when your 4 year old says......... I love it when the sunshines and can play outside at nursery!!

We are looking at Adelaide or Brisbane (3rd choice being Perth) - I lived in Adelaide years ago and enjoyed the smaller city, short work commute and beaches on your doorstep - so think it would be a lovely family lifestyle. Although all depends on work opportunities for hubs & Adelaide isn't the best place for that.

We are also looking at Brisbane (although have never been before)...the things that slightly put me off is the humidity & the beaches aren't around the corner (unless you move towards them - then there's a longer commute to work and we'd like a 30 mins journey).

One of the main pulls for us is that currently my hubs works in London & has an almost 2 hour commute. We have a lovely house - if we moved to get a quicker commute, we'd be in shoebox comparatively. So we want more family time (less commute time), beaches nearby and a decent house. That's our ideal anyway!

Ditto Celina......my wife and I both work in London and have a 3 hour round daily commute, we moved out of London a few years ago for a semi rural life change, now we are going for a complete life change!!

You know you've made the right decision when your 4 year old says......... I love it when the sunshines and can play outside at nursery!!

Oh yes, totally - we can't wait to start the new chapter of our lives. My husband's job (Wealth Manager - advises people with alot of money spare, on investment, pensions etc), means he'll have to work in a city (we just didn't want Sydney or Melbourne), so we'll have to live a 30 mins commute away.

Ps A rough guess(!) you like QPR - that's my husband's team!

We are moving to Melbourne initially as this is where my partner is from, so we have somewhere to stay, people we know etc etc. Ideally I would like to head towards QLD as we were there over Easter and I absolutely love it. Melbourners seem to be very anti-QLD though, saying they're all too conservative? I had a great time though especially in and around fortitude valley….

We are moving to Melbourne initially as this is where my partner is from, so we have somewhere to stay, people we know etc etc. Ideally I would like to head towards QLD as we were there over Easter and I absolutely love it. Melbourners seem to be very anti-QLD though, saying they're all too conservative? I had a great time though especially in and around fortitude valley….

Fortitude valley is fab, I love south bank area too. I will be living on north side of Brisbane which is a 45 min drive to the Gold Coast so easily accessible x I'm just planning on a pool in Brisbane! It's crazy but in the 10 years I lived there I didn't visit any other states! Life was just so busy and never happened but I will be making sure it does when I move!

Yip, a lifelong QPR fan..........so there's two of us!!

Oh yes, totally - we can't wait to start the new chapter of our lives. My husband's job (Wealth Manager - advises people with alot of money spare, on investment, pensions etc), means he'll have to work in a city (we just didn't want Sydney or Melbourne), so we'll have to live a 30 mins commute away.

Ps A rough guess(!) you like QPR - that's my husband's team!

I'm moving to Melbourne to be with my partner who has lived there for 30 years. We were at school together in the UK in the 1970s!! Met up again only 3 years ago - so now taking a huge leap to the other side of the world. Have visited 3 times...best place so far, Airey's Inlet :)

Lodged 300 PMV 6th April 2016...nothing yet apart from e-mail acknowledgement of receipt.

Morning :)

Have noticed of late that some signatures are getting rather big. Can people with signatures please try to keep them to 2-3 lines of text only. Some are hitting 5 or 6 lines (and more) and these can easily be fixed if you backspace it all up and put dates etc on the same line rather than each event on a new line.

To give you an idea, sigs should run across the page like this at the bottom of posts :yes:

309 visa submitted 10/05/15 Medical 12/09/15 Police check 12/09/16 Visa granted 12/05/16 Flights booked 12/05/16 Arriving in Aus June 2016!

The example below is what not to go for :cute:

309 visa submitted 10/05/15

CO assigned 10/08/15

Medical 12/09/15

Police check 12/09/2015

Visa granted 12/05/16

Flights booked 12/05/16

Moving to Aus 22/06/16

Thanks in advance :smile:

Hi I am still patiently waiting for a CO!!! Just past the 2 month mark so hoping to hear in the next month or so! Already done police and medical checks so nothing to do at this point. We can't move till July next year anyway so as long as we have it all sorted by the end of this year I will be happy!

Are you going to go and validate the visa before July then?

I was doing the list of granting times/dates and info and then someone else did it once. If anyone would like to take over permanently please feel free.

Now we've got our visa there is soooo much to get done before we move in August so I would like to pass the baton over to someone else who likes to keep a close eye on granting times like I did [emoji12]

Are you going to go and validate the visa before July then?

No, you have 12 months to validate the visa once it is issued. I don't expect it to be issued before July this year, hence our timing for applying. If for any reason we had to my husband would go ahead to validate it but I don't foresee that issue xx

No, you have 12 months to validate the visa once it is issued. I don't expect it to be issued before July this year, hence our timing for applying. If for any reason we had to my husband would go ahead to validate it but I don't foresee that issue xx

Just re read info and yes he probably will have to nip over at the start of the year as otherwise the health checks will be out of date! Not an issue really I think I had my head round it the wrong way as originally we planned to move in January!

6th of March, so only a few days before you. If it wasn't for the phone call we probably wouldn't have known, as our immi account status hasn't changed.

As soon as I typed that message I realised it was you! Lol x exciting! Hopefully we are not too far behind on getting a CO. Have you submitted your Medicals/police checks already? I can't remember if you said!