SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest Beanie22

29/07/11 - partner visa inc Police checks posted in person at Australia House, Strand, London - money taken from account as visa submitted

05/08/11 - Email from Case officer requesting medical assessment

17/08/11 - Medical assessment at Knightsbridge

01/09/11 - Emailed case officer to check if medicals had been forwarded - no reply

8 & 9/9/11 - Rang case officer as no reply to email sent 01/09/11. Case officer said "everything is fine, I don't need any more from you at this stage", I asked if he had meds & he confirmed that was all fine too but processing time from submission date is 5-6 months!!

If everything is fine & he needs no more from me why can't they just move to the next step & arrange the embassy interview & get things moving??? :confused:

29/07/11 - partner visa inc Police checks posted in person at Australia House, Strand, London - money taken from account as visa submitted

05/08/11 - Email from Case officer requesting medical assessment

17/08/11 - Medical assessment at Knightsbridge

01/09/11 - Emailed case officer to check if medicals had been forwarded - no reply

8 & 9/9/11 - Rang case officer as no reply to email sent 01/09/11. Case officer said "everything is fine, I don't need any more from you at this stage", I asked if he had meds & he confirmed that was all fine too but processing time from submission date is 5-6 months!!

If everything is fine & he needs no more from me why can't they just move to the next step & arrange the embassy interview & get things moving??? :confused:

Have you actually been told you are going to have an interview? Most people applying from the UK don't have one unless the case is particularly complicated.

Hi Bu22inb. I just noticed your post and wondered if this link would be of any use to you?

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/capping-and-queuing.htm

It states on the above linked page that subclass 309/100 visas cannot be capped. But your CO has said that you will receive a visa around the 27th November? This sounds to me like a cap has been reached and the CO is waiting for the new availability to be released. If the CO has acknowledged receipt of the required documents and knows you will be approved why don't they issue the approval without delay? That seems to be the way it should be done according to the link above.

Good luck with your application!!

Gareth.

Hi Gareth, Thankyou for the link..... I was a little confused reading your message re the capping ?? Im just so happy to know it will be granted. I can wait till November, its such a relief just knowing it will eventually be approved :)

good luck to you guys, hope it does come through for u when he said.. My partner is going to call him today at some point and ask how its coming along... fingers crossed we get some sort of a date like you guys too :)

Thanks. Hope you got an estiamted date too. I think even when you know there should be no problems until you have your visa, you can't help but worry. Good luck:smile:

I emailed our CO today to see how things were going and just got the 'We don't need anymore info, no problem with medical, processing time is 5-6 months'

I am gutted and just want to cry - I need a date!!! I need to be ready and organised!!!

It's the same here, I'm afraid it's just a matter of wait and see, No news is good news and all that malarky!

It's the same here, I'm afraid it's just a matter of wait and see, No news is good news and all that malarky!

I've just this second emailed my CO to see if there is any update. They must get so narked by us asking but enquiring minds need to know! haha! In my email i mentioned my upcoming redundancy so hopefully they will look upon me favourably and send me some good news :biggrin:

Guest COOKIE50
OH MY GOD!!!!! IMMEDIATE REPLY!!!!!

VISA GRANTED!!!!!

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Thats grate well done .:biggrin:

VISA GRANTED!!!!!

HUGE congrats! Yay! 4 months waiting time - good going!

Guest Mr Ausie

VISA GRANTED!!!!!

Hi Purpledonna

Congratulations!! Brilliant News. Our 4 months is coming up in 3 weeks, hope ours is the same. Really nervous about contacting CO (WP) for update! Who was your CO, just wanted to know to giove us an idea if its worth emailing.

Thanks

Hi Purpledonna

Congratulations!! Brilliant News. Our 4 months is coming up in 3 weeks, hope ours is the same. Really nervous about contacting CO (WP) for update! Who was your CO, just wanted to know to giove us an idea if its worth emailing.

Thanks

My CO was AB. I emailed him three times in total during the wait. Don't be nervous about getting in touch with them. If they aren't able to tell you anything then that's exactly what they will say. He said that to me a month or so ago, that there was a 5-6 month waiting time and there that he had everything that he needed. See how you go with it. Good luck :biggrin:

He's ours too! Again its the exact 4 month thing with him. Huge congrats to you and yes I am incredibly envious - but that's a good thing as I just need to go home now!

I hope everything goes well with your move.

Guest Mr Ausie
My CO was AB. I emailed him three times in total during the wait. Don't be nervous about getting in touch with them. If they aren't able to tell you anything then that's exactly what they will say. He said that to me a month or so ago, that there was a 5-6 month waiting time and there that he had everything that he needed. See how you go with it. Good luck :biggrin:

Thanks for that. We going to email in 2 weeks when its nearyl on the 4 months, fingers crossed!!

Good luck with your move. Thanks for the advice

:biggrin:

Congrats Purpledonna!! Amazing time scale. I'm waiting on a pmv subclass 300 and have AB too, emailed him today and got the stock the exact same response as you say. I applied mid-july but planning to fly over end of November going to book tomorrow on the basis of all these early grant dates - fingers crossed!!! :)