SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest sinead
Got my visa today too!!! Subclass 100!!! So excited!!!! YAAAAY!!!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Guest Tillyloola

Bloody hell, how many in one day? :biggrin:

Congratulations to every single one of you, it's just the best feeling isn't it.

To every one still waiting don't worry, your time will come, just look there's been nothing for a couple of weeks then most of the people in this thread get granted all on the same day. I'm sure that you wont have to wait to much longer.:smile:

I've been shopping up a storm today getting ready for the big move which is **drumroll**....the 9th August. Which is the Tuesday after next. Removal people are coming next Friday, so I'm up to my ears in boxes and crap. I'm actually having cold feet and would rather him come back here, but he's having none of it. Oh well, I guess I'll be fine once I see him.

I've been shopping up a storm today getting ready for the big move which is **drumroll**....the 9th August. Which is the Tuesday after next. Removal people are coming next Friday, so I'm up to my ears in boxes and crap. I'm actually having cold feet and would rather him come back here, but he's having none of it. Oh well, I guess I'll be fine once I see him.

Its just pre-move jitters! You'll be fine. 9 August???!!! Thats no time at all. Who are you flying with?

Guest Tillyloola
Its just pre-move jitters! You'll be fine. 9 August???!!! Thats no time at all. Who are you flying with?

I'm hoping so. I've had three full on meltdowns this week, which has lead to me dumping my husband three times and him dumping me twice lol. I'm sure your right though, just pre-move jitters. I'll be fine once I'm actually on the plane.

I'm flying with Singapore, got the one way flight for £650 so I jumped on it. I usually fly with them anyway so I'm happy as I get the miles. I was tempted to fly Emirates as they have that A380 on the Manchester route but they couldn't get anywhere near Singapore's price.

How are all your preparations going?

Bloody hell, how many in one day? :biggrin:

Congratulations to every single one of you, it's just the best feeling isn't it.

To every one still waiting don't worry, your time will come, just look there's been nothing for a couple of weeks then most of the people in this thread get granted all on the same day. I'm sure that you wont have to wait to much longer.:smile:

You're not alone. I get palpatations thinking there's no going back now...............:unsure:

Booked flights today, leaving 17/8. Flying with Emirates as they have a flight from Glasgow to Dubai then Dubai to Melbourne, no stop en route. I wanted the most straightforward journey as possible seeing as I'll have a screaming 2 year old in tow. Cost £1400 for 2 one way tickets.........eeeeeekkkkkk, no money left to shop!!!

Good luck with the packing. Our shipment left Ireland on 12/6 and it's only at Shanghai now. I was planning on waiting until the container arrived but at this rate it'll be Xmas. The wee one'll have to play with empty toilet roll holders for a while!!

Best of luck with the move, think positive and it'll all work out.

I'm hoping so. I've had three full on meltdowns this week, which has lead to me dumping my husband three times and him dumping me twice lol. I'm sure your right though, just pre-move jitters. I'll be fine once I'm actually on the plane.

I'm flying with Singapore, got the one way flight for £650 so I jumped on it. I usually fly with them anyway so I'm happy as I get the miles. I was tempted to fly Emirates as they have that A380 on the Manchester route but they couldn't get anywhere near Singapore's price.

£650 is fab, especially for singapore airlines. I'm a big fan of them!

We've been quoted £2101 to fly on 31 Oct (2 adults and a toddler). Thats with Emirates... and another agent has quoted £2115 for the same dates but with an airport hotel for 1 night in singapore and flying singapore air. We'll probably go with singapore air so that we can recharge our batteries and have a shower etc.

I'm sure everything will be fine when you get there. Where abouts are you heading?

Tillyloola, did you ask them about extra luggage allowance? We explained we were migrating to Australia and they gave us an extra 15kg for hubbie who will be travelling on the visa (once issued!) and an extra 5 kg for all travelling with him. They also increased our hand luggage by 2 kg each. Worth calling customer service to ask.

We're not coping with the stress either and are travelling Singapore after you, so have much more time for dumping each other:biggrin:

Guest paintpotty

We are looking at flying with quantas as we are taking our pet dog bella boxer and the company we are going to use go with quantas and we want to be on the same plane as our dog as she will sense us being there.Prices around 750 each two of us so 1500 and then dog 2800,yes thats right 2800,still dont know how a dog can cost more than two adults on a plane but thats life and wouldnt leave her behind.Lets hope we hear some news this week about visas so wer can start to book things.:rolleyes:

Woop woop!!!!!

Our visa has been granted! Subclass 100. 4 months and one week. Thank you all so so much for your support and words of wisdom. If it's been over 4 months then call your CO and get an update!

We fly 2 weeks tomorrow. Last thing to do is for the dollar to weaken by 1 cent so that we can buy our house before Thursday.

Good luck to everyone still waiting xxxxx

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

We are looking at flying with quantas as we are taking our pet dog bella boxer and the company we are going to use go with quantas and we want to be on the same plane as our dog as she will sense us being there.Prices around 750 each two of us so 1500 and then dog 2800,yes thats right 2800,still dont know how a dog can cost more than two adults on a plane but thats life and wouldnt leave her behind.Lets hope we hear some news this week about visas so wer can start to book things.:rolleyes:

You are madder than a great big mad thing - you know that the dog will go straight into kennels at the other side? :wink:

Woop woop!!!!!

Our visa has been granted! Subclass 100. 4 months and one week. Thank you all so so much for your support and words of wisdom. If it's been over 4 months then call your CO and get an update!

We fly 2 weeks tomorrow. Last thing to do is for the dollar to weaken by 1 cent so that we can buy our house before Thursday.

Big congrats! That must have put a smile on your face! Everything now in place for you - hope it all goes smoothly and good luck.

Woop woop!!!!!

Wow, that's great news Enaish! We chased AB late last week following the 3 month milestone and got the standard 5-6 months 'update' this morning. Quite frustrating but we'll just have to hang in there.

Woop woop!!!!!

Congratulations :) May have to call now, its been nearly 5 months!!

Guest urbanpeck

:jiggy:woop woop just had my PMV visa approved today!! 4 months and 3 days :)

Just for reference for anybody else...

Application submitted 29/03/2011

Case Officer assigned (WP) -1/04/2011

Medicals and police checks done - 27/04/2011

Visa granted - Today at 1.40pm 01/08/2011

Flight Booked for the 4th September. Man-Melbourne with Singapore Air

Wedding booked for the 8th October :)

WP was really nice and I stayed in regular email contact every 2 weeks though I think she did start to get annoyed by the latter stage but at least I was always on her radar!!

Best of luck to everyone going through this VERY stressful process!!:arghh:

If anyone knows what the next process is like after getting married, would love to hear!!

:jiggy:woop woop just had my PMV visa approved today!! 4 months and 3 days :)

Just for reference for anybody else...

Application submitted 29/03/2011

Case Officer assigned (WP) -1/04/2011

Medicals and police checks done - 27/04/2011

Visa granted - Today at 1.40pm 01/08/2011

Flight Booked for the 4th September. Man-Melbourne with Singapore Air

Wedding booked for the 8th October :)

WP was really nice and I stayed in regular email contact every 2 weeks though I think she did start to get annoyed by the latter stage but at least I was always on her radar!!

Best of luck to everyone going through this VERY stressful process!!:arghh:

If anyone knows what the next process is like after getting married, would love to hear!!

Many congratulations. I think the next step is heading out there within the time frames stated to validate the visa. Here's to hoping it's everything we want it to be.:jiggy:

How have you not called before now? I drove my other half mad persuading him to call. Do it so you at least know where you stand.

I think my patience is starting to run out now! haha My CO was on holiday for the past 2 weeks so my fingers are crossed hes onto it in the next few days!!

Guest urbanpeck
Many congratulations. I think the next step is heading out there within the time frames stated to validate the visa. Here's to hoping it's everything we want it to be.:jiggy:

Thanks Enaish I'm sure it will be!

Can't wait for everybody else who applied to in March to get theirs. Come on COs!! Some of us have got a life to get on with!:chatterbox:

Guest AussieMarriedPomPlusTwo

I am just about to start this process so reading all your posts has been great. Re Police checks - Are these English ones or Australian ones? I'm guessing with the medicals you just pay your Dr for them? I am married to an Australian so not sure which visa I'm applying for (but will find out!). I have a son from a previous relationship - not sure which visa he'd need and my daughter is just about to get an Australian passport so I am guessing she doesn't need a visa?

I might put this as a separate post so as not to mess up the thread!

Guest paintpotty

Congrats enaish on getting your visa i bet your so happy and relieved.

Just looked at my emails and nothing,so i have emailed ab to see where our visa is up to.4 months and two weeks tommorrow so lets hope its good news hey.:confused::confused:good luck on your new life in aus:biggrin:

Woop woop!!!!!

Oh fantastic! Congratulations!!! :hug: