SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

I know it's not the correct thread but this may affect the majority of y'all anyway. Remember to put in a claim for a tax rebate whenever you get your p45. You may get a nice surprise from the tax man.............for a change!! I did but I worked in Ireland where the tax year runs from January not April so I got back 90% of the tax I'd paid up to June (spent most of it on clothes and shoes though, need the rest for excess baggage!!)

Keep it in mind folks :biggrin:

How does this work? is it for everyone?

How does this work? is it for everyone?

Not sure for the UK but definately worth enquiring about. In Ireland you can claim tax back on loads of things, from wheely bin tags (you have to buy tags every week and attach them to your bin or the guys won't empty them!!!) to doctors visits (who charge €50 per visit). Your tax is calculated per annum so if you leave before the tax year finishes you are entitled to some of it back (kind of like pro rata) Anyway, I'm no tax expert so make a few phone calls to revenue here and see if it's applicable.

Not sure for the UK but definately worth enquiring about. In Ireland you can claim tax back on loads of things, from wheely bin tags (you have to buy tags every week and attach them to your bin or the guys won't empty them!!!) to doctors visits (who charge €50 per visit). Your tax is calculated per annum so if you leave before the tax year finishes you are entitled to some of it back (kind of like pro rata) Anyway, I'm no tax expert so make a few phone calls to revenue here and see if it's applicable.

Tags for wheely bins?? I have enough trouble remembering to put them out!!! :twitcy:

Thanks for this...will have to look it up and see if we can get anything back.

Gotta start thinking about selling all of our stuff too. Baby's stuff coming out of our ears and I aint taking it all with me!!! :laugh:

Tags for wheely bins?? I have enough trouble remembering to put them out!!! :twitcy:

Thanks for this...will have to look it up and see if we can get anything back.

Gotta start thinking about selling all of our stuff too. Baby's stuff coming out of our ears and I aint taking it all with me!!! :laugh:

You'll need it for the 2nd one......................:arghh:

I finally lodged my pmv and these are my stats so far...

Visa Sent

July 13th

Money taken

July 15th

Medical Booked for July 18th and police cert ready to send on request

We started getting everything together in Feb/March and between one thing and another its taken an age to finalise everything so we're crossing our fingers for a speedy grant date. Though I think I will travel to Sydney in Sep/Oct and go offshore once/if it comes through. So relived the application part is done so far, so tedious!

OUR VISA HAS BEEN APPROVED!!!! WHOOOO HOOOO!!!! We have had some family medical problems - my Nan doesn't have much longer so that is incredibly sad and I am just so grateful and appreciative that Will can spend this time with my nan and i.... i hope everyone has speedy grant dates, but I am so over the moon with our case officer and really thank her with the bottom of our hearts,,,,

huge congrats! Just reading back through some posts from the last couple of weeks, been a while since I've checked in, so good to see ppl getting their visas woo hoo!

Guest Lottee

Hi all

Just to let you all know my partner's visa has been granted whoo hooooooooooooooo:jiggy:

Applied March 14th

CO allocated March 17th

Med etc requested a week later

VISA granted 15th July!!!

CO was AB - Pretty much 4 months yay to AB!

Good luck to everyone still waiting!!!

Hi all

Just to let you all know my partner's visa has been granted whoo hooooooooooooooo:jiggy:

Applied March 14th

CO allocated March 17th

Congrats!!! Did you get subclass 309 or 100?

Hi all

Applied March 14th

CO allocated March 17th

Congratulations!!!! :v_SPIN:

Hi all

Applied March 14th

CO allocated March 17th

Whoop de whoop and huge congratulations too!

We've also got AB and are about 10 days behind your time frame. Very exciting times. Good luck with all you do.

Elizabeth

Guest ANDREA WRIGHT

4 months??? good going!!!

We have DP as our case CO. Any one got a time frame on him?

Still waiting for the confirmation of my health check from the 7th July..... :oS

Guest paintpotty

Congrats on the visa

We have AB and got our co end of march so hopefully not too much waiting now until the golden email,the waiting is driving me craaaaazzzzzyyyyy:biggrin:

Guest colcase

Ok I am having a go and posting again (I am VERY new to this so please excuse me if this is incorrect)

We sent our visa application to HC and they recived and took Money on the 2nd June. This was also the day my husband undertook his medicals. We had already forwarded police checks from Ireland and Australia with the original documentation.

On the 6th June we had a mail from PS looking for additional information specific to certain dates between 09 -10 (for the eligibility for a permanent visa). We sent this documentation on the 10th June. We had a response on the 16th June to advise that he would advise if he required any further documentation. Then he went on holidays. I sent an email on the 06th July looking for dates (very impatient) and he responded that he was looking to finalise the application around the beginning of November. (he is now on holidays again until the 1st August).

We started this process back in mid February, where I had to register my marriage in NSW, get a change of name cert and new birth certs, update my Australian passport and then apply for citizenship by descent for the 3 children (6, 4 and 2).

We are so excited to be going home and to know that the process is probably in the final stages and aside from the waiting there is not much else we can do.

We are currently discussing whether to relocate our dog (who is used to a few acres) or to rehouse him........

Does anyone know if they advise you a few weeks before the grant the visa as to what date it will be granted. I would like to start looking at sending over some belongings and costing flights. I saw another post regarding booking flights through IOM - Can anyone advise on that also?

Thanks

Guest colcase
Hi, i also have PS do you know if our application gets passed to another CO or do we have to wait until he gets back from holidays??

I just had an out of office to my mail saying to contact SV stating your ref no if you had any queries....

Guest sinead

Still waiting for the confirmation of my health check from the 7th July..... :oS

Hi Andrea.. I had DP.. (from what i make out, he's one of the best and fastest!!) I got my VISA in under 4 months!! And he always replied to emails within 24hrs!!

It seems our CO is on holidays.

How dare he have a life outside australia house. :biggrin:

I think I'd be phoning Oz house and seeing who is dealing with it while they're away as others who applied after you have had them granted or are being granted! Good luck

Guest Tillyloola
I think I'd be phoning Oz house and seeing who is dealing with it while they're away as others who applied after you have had them granted or are being granted! Good luck

I agree. It does seem like when they are off or they go on holiday, any visas that they have for grant are simply left to wait until they are back in the office. They do seem to be transferred to a different co for grant if you phone.

Its that time of year where there is loads of disruption because of people off on their jollys and the school holidays.

I was in London over the weekend for a wedding, so I popped into AH and had my visa put in my passport. I was panicking a bit as I got up late and didn't get there till 10.30 but there was no one waiting and I was in and out in the space of three minutes.

I dont know whether to ring up now to see if its been passed to someone else :confused: my CO said 5-6 months and it will be 5 months on 8th august, dont want to be annoying! lol might give it another week. Just want to book my flight!!:twitcy:

Guest bertieb

hey we had DP as well and my partner was granted his visa a day under 4 months early this month:biggrin:. it seems he has been sticking with this time frame at the moment. good luck!

Guest colcase
I dont know whether to ring up now to see if its been passed to someone else :confused: my CO said 5-6 months and it will be 5 months on 8th august, dont want to be annoying! lol might give it another week. Just want to book my flight!!:twitcy:

I'd love to know how you get on - seeing as we share the same CO it would be interesting to see what his time lines are. He told us he aims to finalise at the beginning of November which is exactly 5 months. However I am crossing my fingers that this is just the standard response and the visa is granted on the 15th October!!! Not that 2 weeks is going to make much difference I just want to have a definite date in order to finalise everything this side. I almost feel as though my life is on hold and my 'real life' will begin in Australia. :daydreaming:

I'd love to know how you get on - seeing as we share the same CO it would be interesting to see what his time lines are. He told us he aims to finalise at the beginning of November which is exactly 5 months. However I am crossing my fingers that this is just the standard response and the visa is granted on the 15th October!!! Not that 2 weeks is going to make much difference I just want to have a definite date in order to finalise everything this side. I almost feel as though my life is on hold and my 'real life' will begin in Australia. :daydreaming:

I feel the same i cant really do anything until i get a date when its granted, do you think because hes away for 2 weeks this will put our visa processing 2 weeks behind? Im hoping he has done it already and just email us when hes back!