SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Just wondering if any one else has gone though the relationship bonding that we have. I would expect that its quite common

When we were told our best options where to apply for a Prospective marriage visa and told he had to be offshore for the application, i told him i would follow him to the end of the world and back just to be with him.... and i have.. followed him back to the UK, then to friggin Freezing cold Finland in the middle of winter putting up with -30degree days half way around Europe, battled my own visa issues over here and on every application for myself i have simply put (yes i plan to marry him, but not here, back home, and i will do anything i have to just to stay with him during this application process..... (but in a few more fancy words) life has been very very stressful over the last 6 months and we still dont know if our application will or will not be approved..... But we have certainly grown closer, We have also talked about and desperatly want to have a baby, but know that this is just not the right time and we have to wait until we are 'home' and after the wedding..... both really wanting to have a baby, but putting it off because its not the right timing, has brought us close together, its nice to be a couple who are planning for a family not just accidently have it happen, and i know when the time comes its going to be so so so so special:wub:

but gowd damn it immigration.... WE WANT A BABY!!:Randy-git: AND I WANT TO GET ON PLANNING MY WEDDING!!!!!!!!!

Now as for a question, this seems to be mainly about Partner Visa processing times, does anyone know what the general Prospective marriage visa processing times atm are. When we last spoke to immigration about our options the lady actually told us ' DO NOT get married overseas' she said that the processing times for a partner visa where longer and that if we wanted to get back to Australia asap the best option was for a Prospective marriage visa, yet it seems a lot of what i have read shows peoples partner visas getting aproved anywhere between 1-3 months and with a prospective marriage visa between 6-10 months..... Was the lady at immigration just spinning us a load of bull??????

hey, i applied for my visa at the beginning march with plans to get married at the end of july hoping our visa would be granted by then! Didnt realise it would take this long should of applied a bit earlier i think! :(i emailed my CO to see if this date would still be ok but he just said its 5-6 months wait!! Not sure what to do now should i rearrange the wedding date or just wait and hope it gets granted sooner??!! :S

Guest Tillyloola
hey, i applied for my visa at the beginning march with plans to get married at the end of july hoping our visa would be granted by then! Didnt realise it would take this long should of applied a bit earlier i think! :(i emailed my CO to see if this date would still be ok but he just said its 5-6 months wait!! Not sure what to do now should i rearrange the wedding date or just wait and hope it gets granted sooner??!! :S

It might be worth while to actually call your CO rather than e-mail and discuss this directly with them. They may take pity on you and grant the visa, they may say its your own fault and you have to wait in line, you wont know until you speak to them. After you have spoken to them, you will have enough information to make a choice on what they want to do.

If it were me, I would start looking at perhaps postponing the wedding as a contingency plan, just so your prepared if the worst should happen.

Wish you the best of luck

Hi,

In response to those asking how long the visas are taking - my application (partner 309 visa) was recieved on 9th Feb and just yesterday recieved an email from the CO saying it will be finalised in early July - so exactly 5 months. Good timing as we are getting married at end of July in UK and then practically off to Australia straight away!

Guest Chimpy chops
Hi,

In response to those asking how long the visas are taking - my application (partner 309 visa) was recieved on 9th Feb and just yesterday recieved an email from the CO saying it will be finalised in early July - so exactly 5 months. Good timing as we are getting married at end of July in UK and then practically off to Australia straight away!

Hi Bezza,

Who is your CO? Our CO (MW) told us it would also be granted @ 5 months, which means next week... 17th June. So excited!! Where in Australia are you moving to? We will be living in Sydney :)

Guest Fulton

Well Ive had my phone interview and all went well so just the medical to go now! My CO also said 5 months exactly so 5th oct which is good as we're getting married the 29th although he said i can go over on a tourist visa before my visa is approved if i need to be there earlier to sort stuff out and it wouldnt be a problem, really lucky to have him as my CO, has been really helpful and understanding. 4 months to go! so excited!

Hi all,

We sent the forms on 24th March.

Contacted requesting photos and bank statements - sent 24th April (we were in Oz on hols when they asked!)

1st week May - police checks sent

2nd week May - medical taken (blood tests took two weeks to process and were only submitted end of May!)

Emailed case officer 7th May who said they had all the documents and infor required but would not be processing the application due to back log and are processing in date order recieved.

Have been advised 5-6 months which would take us to the 24th Sept. Unfortunately flights are already booked for 16th August... now worried:frown:

Hi Bezza,

Who is your CO? Our CO (MW) told us it would also be granted @ 5 months, which means next week... 17th June. So excited!! Where in Australia are you moving to? We will be living in Sydney :)

Hi Chimpy Chops,

Our CO is MT. Wow - next week, thats great! We are planning on going to Melbourne - not sure whereabouts yet and havent even booked flights so lots of stuff to do! When do you fly out?

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! The waiting is nearly over. :biggrin:

Hi Amanda,

Who is your CO? We originally sent in forms 24/3 and had an email today saying all info received nothing else to do but would not be processing visa as back log and processing in order received. We've been told 5-6 months which means 24th Aug or 24 Sept. ALready booked flights, sold house etc, due to schooling issues but now no idea on whether hubby should resign and take the risk or wait arrrrggghhhhh!

Hello,

I sent my application on 20/04/11 (front loaded), the money was taken on 02/05/11. I still have not heard anything from them. I thought it would take a bit longer with all the bank holidays but this is getting a bit silly.

Would you recommend calling? it cost me £15 for a 5 minute convo last time so I am rather reluctant!

If you're going to call make sure you get a skype account and add some credit to it. Calls are about 1.4p/minute. Very cost effective

Hello to the ever increasing people on the March/April time line.

Our C/O asked for Meds last week and it's been a bit of a struggle getting a quick date. Maidenhead is our closest, but the soonest they could offer was the 6th May! Tried Knightsbridge instead and they said 28th March (lots of us wanting to emmigrate!) Today they rang to say they had space on the 21st. Hurrah!

Anyone else be there then??

Hi TracyC, you applied exactly same day as my hubby and was given exactly the same orginal date in Maidenhead for the medical but we were never offered an earlier option so went with 6th May :(

Where are you heading in Oz?

Hi Amanda,

Who is your CO? We originally sent in forms 24/3 and had an email today saying all info received nothing else to do but would not be processing visa as back log and processing in order received. We've been told 5-6 months which means 24th Aug or 24 Sept. ALready booked flights, sold house etc, due to schooling issues but now no idea on whether hubby should resign and take the risk or wait arrrrggghhhhh!

Hiya,

My CO is AH. He told me on 13/5 that they have all the required info and the grant date will be the standard 5-6 months so like you it'll be Aug or Sept. My OH has a job lined up so he's heading out in 2 weeks. My CO said it's OK to go out on a tourist visa while I wait on the spouse visa being granted. I think I'll do that because I don't want my OH and 20 month old daughter to be separated for longer than necessary. It's all a big waiting game!! :arghh:

Hi Enaish,

We are going to Sydney suburbs (hopefully Hills area) depending on finances. What about you?

I see you mention 'schools issue' do you have children or are you a teacher? (we have 6yr and 2yr old girls)

I have given in my notice and finish end of August, the house is on the market - which we will have to sell before being able to move, so we have not booked flights yet.

Our C/O is WP, who's yours?

Fingers crossed they come through quicker than the 5-6 months!

Hiya,

My CO is AH. He told me on 13/5 that they have all the required info and the grant date will be the standard 5-6 months so like you it'll be Aug or Sept. My OH has a job lined up so he's heading out in 2 weeks. My CO said it's OK to go out on a tourist visa while I wait on the spouse visa being granted. I think I'll do that because I don't want my OH and 20 month old daughter to be separated for longer than necessary. It's all a big waiting game!! :arghh:

My CO is AH too, seems very professional (and to the point). Told me the same thing on the 15/5! :cute:

Got a phonecall from DP to say our visa (subclass 100) has been approved! I can hardly believe it and I don't think it has sunk in yet at all :wub:

I applied Jan 24th and it was approved June 10th. Hoping to head out in August.

Good luck to everyone else still waiting

Hi Enaish,

We are going to Sydney suburbs (hopefully Hills area) depending on finances. What about you?

I see you mention 'schools issue' do you have children or are you a teacher? (we have 6yr and 2yr old girls)

I have given in my notice and finish end of August, the house is on the market - which we will have to sell before being able to move, so we have not booked flights yet.

Our C/O is WP, who's yours?

Fingers crossed they come through quicker than the 5-6 months!

Our C/O is AB. We're heading for Eastern suburbs of Brisbane. My daughter is 11 and going into year 6 this year and my son 9 going into year 3. I work in a school too, but the issue is that we weren't allocated a secondary school here and have now been given one some distance from us, so need to be in Oz well and truly before the year here starts.

Although I have handed my notice in, I'm lucky enough to still be paid until first week in September and our house has sold. My friend went to Sydney in Dec and her visa (same class as mine) was allocated in 6 days. How unbelievable is that. We had though 4.5 months given the website said 3-6 months and based on everything on here, so we're keeping our fingers crossed. Very pleased to see that someone got theirs approved today after 4.5 months so we may yet squeeze in.

Good luck with it all and keep us updated.

Got a phonecall from DP to say our visa (subclass 100) has been approved! I can hardly believe it and I don't think it has sunk in yet at all :wub:

I applied Jan 24th and it was approved June 10th. Hoping to head out in August.

Good luck to everyone else still waiting

Congratulations. 4.5 months would work very well for us. Hope it all goes well.

Hi Enaish,

Yep there's been a few people recently who have been approved in 4.5 months- so fingers crossed for you!

By the way, if you've already sold, have you made it a condition of sale that you don't move out until Visa is granted? One of my worries is IF we do sell - that our buyers won't hang on until we are ready to move out/visa granted.

Tracy

Hi Enaish,

Yep there's been a few people recently who have been approved in 4.5 months- so fingers crossed for you!

By the way, if you've already sold, have you made it a condition of sale that you don't move out until Visa is granted? One of my worries is IF we do sell - that our buyers won't hang on until we are ready to move out/visa granted.

Tracy

Will PM you as it is slightly off the topic and don't want to bore poeple!

Guest urbanpeck

Hi

I'm new to this forum but I thought I would include my time scale for further help to anyone. I have the same timescale and CO as TraceyC and Queryguy I believe so should be interesting to see when we get our visas!

27/03/2011 - Application sent

29/03/2011 - Money taken...thanks lol

01/04/2011 - Email received from CO which is WP informing need medicals and UK and AUS PCs.

27/04/2011 - Medicals done and both PCs sent (Aus one was quicker than UK one!)

19/05/2001 - WP confirmed documents received and no further info needed. Gave an ETA of between 30th August and 30th September.

But I've just sent another email today asking for any news. I know its a bit cheeky but with so many applications they have to process I thought I would make sure they remember me :)

Hope this helps and waiting anxiously. My wedding is booked for the 8th October but right now its all being planned by my fella poor thing! Its like an episode of 'Don't tell the bride'!

Guest Queryguy

Hi urbanpeck, thanks for your stats ... still keeping my fingers crossed for one of those early 4.5 month approvals!

Guest urbanpeck
Hi urbanpeck, thanks for your stats ... still keeping my fingers crossed for one of those early 4.5 month approvals!

Yeah me too! I'm gonna stay optimistic for the time being no reason not to as its still early days!

Hi Everyone,

My time-line so far.

01/02/2011 - Application sent

04/02/2011 - Application Received at Australia House

04/02/2011 - Money Taken From Account

10/02/2011 - E-mail Requesting Police Checks & Medical

11/02/2011 - All Personal Belongings Returned

28/02/2011 - Medical Taken

9/03/2011 - Police Checks Posted

15/03/2011 - All Documents Received at Australia House, E-mail From CO (WP) no further info Required

29/04/2011 - E-mailed CO to ask if i could have an estimation for when my application would be complete my Partner's Irish Visa Expires on 7th July

3/05/2011 - CO E-mailed to say he hopes to approve my application in July

We have both finished our contracts at work in May and are now sitting waiting for it to be approved :SLEEP:

Wish I applied earlier

Guest k1tty

My timeline:

Frontloaded medical check and police check.

Application submitted: 15 Dec 2010

Visa confirmed by email: 13 May 2011

No interview required and I did all the form-filling without an agent.

So five months in total for my Partner visa subclass 100. My CO was MT.

I'm in Melbourne now and getting stuck into job-hunting. Good luck all you other appilcants!