SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest Crazycat
Just to let you all know that my permanent visa (100) was granted today....5 months to the day that they received my app and took the money. I am over the moon!!!!! Leaving England mid March...to travel thru India and Asia for 3 months to arrive in Oz by 15 July to comply with entrance date.

Good luck to everyone else in the queue, but they seem to be spot on with the 5-6 month guideline at the mo :biggrin:

Wow! Great news!!! Congratulations on your visa! I'm sure you will enjoy your long holiday :biggrin: All the best!

Guest GeorgeD
WOOHOO I GOT MY VISA

Major relief I can now book my flights to go offshore and trigger off my visa.

Applied 19 Aug - Front Loaded no further evidence required

Temp 309 visa granted Jan 21.

Thank you to everyone for helping my early on....Peach and everyone on this thread

Good luck to everyone else:wink: waiting!

Hey, congratulations Thamby! You were heading to Oz for a long holiday just as I was going slowly crazy waiting offshore for my 309 to be approved, enjoy your trip offshore!

WOOHOO I GOT MY VISA

Major relief I can now book my flights to go offshore and trigger off my visa.

Applied 19 Aug - Front Loaded no further evidence required

Temp 309 visa granted Jan 21.

Thank you to everyone for helping my early on....Peach and everyone on this thread

Good luck to everyone else:wink: waiting!

Thamby,

Auckland is a beautiful city. i am there now doing the visa trip thing.

Congratulations

Guest sarafin
Hi all

Really happy to say we've been advised that my fiance's visa will be approved on May 8 (approx), and that we have been 'given permission' to go earlier via the tourist visa route!

So now we are doing all the planning around packing, etc and we'll be getting to Aus in the first week of April.

Of course he's just gutted that he has to have a big long holiday from working until his real visa is processed :)

Hi who is you CO? I have emailed mine for an update (lodged 10th Nov) and no word back :(

Guest kateandollie

Hi Everyone,

We had our 309 visa granted today, a little over 5 months...

Big relief:biggrin: Fly out to Melbourne on the 9th Feb.... Cant wait to get home!

Guest emacmac
Hi who is you CO? I have emailed mine for an update (lodged 10th Nov) and no word back :(

It's JF, and he's quite responsive. Do you have a phone number to try calling yours?

Guest Mrs Wrigles
Big Congrats to everyone who has got visas!! :biggrin: I applied near this time so very excited now! Quick question - how do they notify you and do you get any paperwork etc? Just so I know whether to sit at the post box or check my email 20 times a day!!

Hi there think some may have already answered your query but I received notification from our case officer pretty much 5 months to the day and on the day she said it would arrive. Got our email yesterday with subclass 100 so was really pleased as we got PR straight away!

Fly out with the children to join my hubby on 3rd Feb - 9 days and counting :wink:

Good luck with everything

Tracy x

Just got home from work and the email I have been waiting for had arrived. Me and the kid have been granted our permanent visa's, 5 months to the day. Flights booked for 5th March. I never thought this day would come, it has been the longest 5 months of my life. Good luck to everyone still waiting, your time will come and opening that email is priceless.

Hi everyone, I am Bulgarian living in UK and my spouse is Australian by birth. We have been together 2 years now. It's great to read your experience and i have decided to share mine with you.

Date of application: 19 /10 /2010

Visa type: Subclass 300 PMV - my daughter is in the application as well

Offshore/onshore: Offshore London,UK

( 27/10/2010 - some of the documents was returned, further information requested- health checks and missing previous address in my application form . This was completed and sent back same day)

Medicals submitted (yes/no): yes, 09/11/2010 - received confirmation e-mail from CO

Police check submitted (yes/no): yes with application - australian, british and bulgarian

Date CO assigned: 04/11/2010 ( after I sent an e-mail asking who is our CO)

Date visa granted: Awaiting approval :unsure: hopefully soon

According our CO processing time will be 6 months, however this depends on each candidate personal circumstances.

As you guys we haven't heard anything from our CO since then. I know that 6 months are not over yet but we are planing to give him a call sometime next month and check our case status. We have decided to buy our tickets when visa is granted and i hope that we will have enough time to organize our move. The wedding date is middle of July.

I was wondering how much time you have been given to enter Australia? Our case officer mentioned some entry date...

Cheers

Hi everyone, I am Bulgarian living in UK and my spouse is Australian by birth. We have been together 2 years now. It's great to read your experience and i have decided to share mine with you.

Date of application: 19 /10 /2010

Visa type: Subclass 300 PMV - my daughter is in the application as well

Offshore/onshore: Offshore London,UK

( 27/10/2010 - some of the documents was returned, further information requested- health checks and missing previous address in my application form . This was completed and sent back same day)

Medicals submitted (yes/no): yes, 09/11/2010 - received confirmation e-mail from CO

Police check submitted (yes/no): yes with application - australian, british and bulgarian

Date CO assigned: 04/11/2010 ( after I sent an e-mail asking who is our CO)

Date visa granted: Awaiting approval :unsure: hopefully soon

According our CO processing time will be 6 months, however this depends on each candidate personal circumstances.

As you guys we haven't heard anything from our CO since then. I know that 6 months are not over yet but we are planing to give him a call sometime next month and check our case status. We have decided to buy our tickets when visa is granted and i hope that we will have enough time to organize our move. The wedding date is middle of July.

I was wondering how much time you have been given to enter Australia? Our case officer mentioned some entry date...

Cheers

Who is your CO?

Hi everyone. I'm new to this thread. It's very uplifting reading through and seeing Visa's being granted. I sent in my spouse application last week. Payment was taken 24th Jan '10. Just waiting on an email now. That is the key theme of this thread i think- waiting :wink: Fingers crossed everything will be straight forward enough

Same he is not great with emails but great on the phone try giving him a quick call he is very helpful i can't fault him, and he has been granting some visas in 4 months lately

Great we have same CO. I don't know whether to bother him yet. But deffenetly February we will get intouch with him. Our application is one month after yours so it might be in March as we expected. How about the entry date?Have you ever heard about this?

Great we have same CO. I don't know whether to bother him yet. But deffenetly February we will get intouch with him. Our application is one month after yours so it might be in March as we expected. How about the entry date?Have you ever heard about this?

Don't talk to me about entry date we are having a wobble about this, we have had our house on market since september thought it may have at least had an offer by now considering we have had viewings but nothing, now we are starting to worry what if house hasn't sold in time for entry date as we wanted to book one way flights not return flights.

Entry date for validation is up to a year from the date of either your police checks or meds which ever was first.

Think your visa was same time as ours payment taken on 13th september which is the date its from and when i spoke to Douglas he said mid February which would make it the 5 month timelime, however there have been a few other POI's on here that were processed this month that also put their application in september with DP so thats why i say worth giving him a call.

We added my 18 year old son at last minute in december and he only had meds last week so not expecting ours before feb.

:biggrin::biggrin:

Guest Castles315

Well, I’m now living happily in Adelaide with my husband and don’t have to stress about Case Officers and visas anymore! (well, for two years anyway!)

I’d like to thank everyone on PomsInOz for their help and support during my application progress.

Here is a timeline of my progress towards getting my partner migration visa (subclass 309):

23/07/2010 – I posted my front-loaded application (Medical, British Police check, Form 80 etc) and sent it by ‘next day recorded delivery’. I included a stamped, self-addressed ‘next day recorded delivery’ envelope for Australia House to return documents once they were finished with them.

27/07/2010 – The application fee was withdrawn from my account.

05/08/2010 – A Case Officer was assigned to me and an Australian Police Check certificate requested (I’d been there on a working holiday visa). I posted my Australian Police Check certificate immediately.

07/08/2010 – All document copies were posted back by Australia House.

02/09/2010 – I tried to contact my Case Officer. All emails bounced back. His direct phone number connected me with a real estate business! I phoned Australia House and was told my Case Officer did not work for them anymore. I was assigned a new Case Officer.

05/10/2010 – I received an email from my Case Officer estimating late November/early December before my visa is finalized.

21/10/2010 – My husband and I departed the UK and flew to Australia. I was on a three month tourist visa. I had previously phoned Australia House who told me it was fine to do this.

09/12/2010 – Received a ‘Depart to Grant’ email. This meant that as I was outside Australia when I applied, I had to depart Australia (for at least three days), and then re-enter to activate my partner migration visa.

11/01/2011 – I flew to New Zealand (after informing my Case Officer of my travel dates). I received an email from my Case Officer stating that my partner migration visa had been granted and that I was required to enter Australia by 13/07/2011.

15/01/2011 – I flew back to Australia and had my partner migration visa activated!

I’d also like to add that if you have a Case Officer with the initials JF, he’s very good as long as you chase him every now and again for a progress report.

I hope this post has been useful and I wish you all good luck with your applications. :smile:

Hey, congratulations Thamby! You were heading to Oz for a long holiday just as I was going slowly crazy waiting offshore for my 309 to be approved, enjoy your trip offshore!

Thanks yeah been a long holiday which worked perfect. Be nice to start working and earning! woohoo loads out there too.

Thanks andychap yeah im heading off to singapore as its close and easy from WA NZ is defo up there on the to do list. All the best for getting going in Oz :wink:

Don't talk to me about entry date we are having a wobble about this, we have had our house on market since september thought it may have at least had an offer by now considering we have had viewings but nothing, now we are starting to worry what if house hasn't sold in time for entry date as we wanted to book one way flights not return flights.

Entry date for validation is up to a year from the date of either your police checks or meds which ever was first.

Think your visa was same time as ours payment taken on 13th september which is the date its from and when i spoke to Douglas he said mid February which would make it the 5 month timelime, however there have been a few other POI's on here that were processed this month that also put their application in september with DP so thats why i say worth giving him a call.

We added my 18 year old son at last minute in december and he only had meds last week so not expecting ours before feb.

:biggrin::biggrin:

Mmm tough time for you guys :confused:. I was a mortgage broker but the business sunk. We will be more then happy to leave sometime in May. Wedding is middle of July and police checks are from September. I really hope that the next stage of the visa will be processed quickly enough so we do not have to update these docs. Unfortunately i will have to update some - such as Bulgarian police check and as a back up i can do the same with UK ones. It will make our life more easier to organize all this from here.I will keep you updated with the progress of your case.Have a good one and fingers crossed everything to work out the way you want it!:rolleyes:

Guest rgourlay

Having a wobble!! .. was told that my visa would be granted on 26th Jan to be told yesterday that my CO is 'finalising some aspects of my application' and it could be another 28 days to provide an 'outcome'. This will take my application up to six months rather than the five people are seeing, but hopefully it will be just going through a few more checks (I am a well controlled type I diabetic) and not a real issue :unsure:.

Anyone seen or heard anything like this before? My CO is RF.

Guest gavincoleman13

Hi

Does anyone actually know what happens during the processing of our applications? (do they really take 5-6 months to process?)

Lodged 20th december (all front loaded medicals, police checks)

payment taken 21st december

CO assigned and emailed 23rd december, asked for couple few extras, supplied straight after xmas

recevied all documents and personel items back back before 11th January and told no further information required.

Is it really just a case of wating for 5 months? for backlog of applications to be processed.

just be nice to know something, to start planning

Hi

Does anyone actually know what happens during the processing of our applications? (do they really take 5-6 months to process?)

CO assigned and emailed 23rd december, asked for couple few extras, supplied straight after xmas

recevied all documents and personel items back back before 11th January and told no further information required.

Is it really just a case of wating for 5 months? for backlog of applications to be processed.

The reason for the increased time it due to the Australian government cutting back on all family visas so to slow down the amount of spouse visa applicants entering australia they slowed down the processing time, originally people were getting them processed in a matter of weeks, this then went to 4 months and not 5-6 months, although some have still been processed on the 4 months, it changed from 4 months to 6 months after the july applications.

Hope this helps you to understand it a bit

Here is a small tip for you all.

If you are in oz when you are granted your visa and have to go offshore.

When you get back go to the regional immigration office and get the label put in your passport. The rta wouldn't give me my driving licence until i could prove by way of a letter or label in my passport that i had pr.

So someone got paid alot of money for VEVO that some govenment bodies won't even look at.

Guest Mrs Wrigles
Hi

Hi there, from my experience it is taking the 5 months that is currently being quoted.

We (me and my 3 children) received our subclass 100 (PR) visa on monday 24th Jan - we were told that the 5 month mark was 23rd January (which was a Sunday) so it arrived pretty much to the day. From the questioning we did on the forum people had said they had got their visa's through within a day or two of the date they were quoted.

We decided to take the risk and book tickets before the visa came - hoping and keeping everything crossed that it would come on time so for me it was worth taking the risk as we are now off on our way next week.

We packed up our belongings and they went on their way mid November so have already arrived and my hubby went out there to start getting house etc in order on 30th December - so if the visa didnt come we would have been knackered!!!:err:

As I say I can only tell you about my experience but for me packing up our stuff and booking the tickets was a risk worth taking :wink:

All the best with it all

Tracy x