SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi, This is my first post but I thought I might be able to help, I applied 18th May, more info was requested and supplied, medical done 7th June and Police certificate early July. CO (AB) asked us in July to ring today to finalise. Rang today but he is on leave until October 7Th. Left message on voicemail and early this afternoon received phone call and email confirming visa. 4 months to the day and exactly as expected.

Hope this helps.

Congrats!

We have AB too, another few weeks for us though!

:cute:

Guest Nathnanth

Hi There,

I've been reading the threads on here for a while I thought i'd finally post something!

Our time line so far:

13th sept 2010 - De - facto Visa Subclass 309/100 submitted

Front loaded with meds/police check as well as form 1229 which is the consent form to allow a child to have a visa if the parent is not travelling.

21st sept 2010 - Phone call from CO requesting further info/ email confirming reciept off application.

I was told that the application process is now taking up to six months :arghh: so I guess now its just a waiting game!

Good luck to everyone else who are still waiting to here and congrats to those who have finally got theres!

Anthea xxx

That's absolutely fantastic news!!! Looks like that will map exactly onto the original 4 month timescale. None of this 5-6 month nonsense!

As an aside, how often have you spoken to your CO? I've never called mine, I've only ever emailed her, or actually sent a letter with evidence through the post. Are they open to tell you things they wouldn't necessarily put in writing at that point in time?

how come you seem to expect to get the visa in 4 months, or am i mistaken, is this from the date of you CO or from you done you meds etc.

because there are still alot of ppl waiting on there visa from 2008 and 2009 !!.

and does it depend on the type of visa and what your job is etc.

how come you seem to expect to get the visa in 4 months, or am i mistaken, is this from the date of you CO or from you done you meds etc.

because there are still alot of ppl waiting on there visa from 2008 and 2009 !!.

Different visas have different timescales...and in this case, the same visa has diffferent timescales depending on the country you apply in! This thread is for Offshore Partner visas logged in the UK...the lead time for this was 3-4 months typically until July when DIAC announced it was changing to 5-6 months, although pre-July applications seem in general to be sticking to 4 months.

Occupation has no bearing on a Partner Visa application. Your relationship with your partner needs to meet the criteria set out by DIAC for the visa...prove you are genuinely married or in a relationship for want of a better way of putting...but it isn't actually as easy as it sounds for a lot of people.

Hi, the people on this thread are generally applying for partner/spouse visas (subclass 100 & 309) because their partner is either an Australian citizen or permanent resident. It is not in anyway connected to the skilled visa program.

At the end of last year these visa were taking four weeks to process, but as this year has moved on they've got slower and slower.

Well it's now Day 3 of my Speak To My Case Officer Challenge...and so far I have a 100% record of leaving messages with no reply. And normal service was maintained...no reply.

I know you're all on the edge of your seats, lol, so I'll update again tomorrow...

OK...so...today's update...I know you're all on the edge of your seats...

Operation: Speak To CO - Day 4

It will no doubt come as a shock to most of you (it did to me!) to hear that I have indeed managed to speak to my CO!!!! She answered the phone without it ringing (Peach, you're right that really is spooky!).

She checked my file and said, ah yes...so you are in Australia right now? Erm, no! I've been back in the UK for a month and emailed you twice to confirm that! OK, well if you're no longer in Australia, then we can grant your visa as all conditions have been met! I should have an email in a couple of days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She then said to let her know my travel plans so she could formally issue it when I had flight dates...just give me it now please!!!!

So...I waited until 4 months had passed, and I am 100% convinced calling for an update was the right thing to do. It was ready and waiting, but if I hadn't called, it would still be sitting ready until I did probably!

Thank you all so much for your support. It's been quite a journey...and as I've said to others here, it's really just beginning! The champagne is still on ice with the corks in until I get that email, but it really does look promising now!!

It will no doubt come as a shock to most of you (it did to me!) to hear that I have indeed managed to speak to my CO!!!! She answered the phone without it ringing (Peach, you're right that really is spooky!).

She checked my file and said, ah yes...so you are in Australia right now? Erm, no! I've been back in the UK for a month and emailed you twice to confirm that! OK, well if you're no longer in Australia, then we can grant your visa as all conditions have been met! I should have an email in a couple of days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She then said to let her know my travel plans so she could formally issue it when I had flight dates...just give me it now please!!!!

So...I waited until 4 months had passed, and I am 100% convinced calling for an update was the right thing to do. It was ready and waiting, but if I hadn't called, it would still be sitting ready until I did probably!

Thank you all so much for your support. It's been quite a journey...and as I've said to others here, it's really just beginning! The champagne is still on ice with the corks in until I get that email, but it really does look promising now!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Enjoy the champers :wink:

Bloomin hec GeorgeD, I was trying to read that post WAY too fast to find out your news! Its in the bag by the sound of it - so no more worrying and enjoy as you have your visa! Woohooo!

:hug:

Congrats George D - although I guess until you get that email you won't be relaxed.

I think you are right that once it gets to 4 months, you have to contact them or else they will just sit on it.

Guest christinenpete

Thats great news GeorgeD although I think I'd need the written proof before I chilled out.

I emailed our Co a while ago to see if Pete's likely to get a 100 or 309. Got an email back yesterday stating we meet all the requiremnts for a 100 permenant visa... so fingers crossed it's all ready and waiting until the "magic day" comes around.

Hi all,

Not posted before but been reading for a lot of months now, in preparation for submitting the app. Here are my dates so far:

Friday 17th September - Defacto Partner 309/100 application posted (received 20th)

Tuesday 21st September - £1100 taken from credit card (made my eyes water - they don't seem to have any problems taking the money pretty quickly.....)

Thursday 23rd September - Email from CO confirming receipt, and asking for police check, health checks and oddly my address history for the last 10 years. I emailed back saying I have my medical booked for next week, but that I had included my police check, and had filled out form 80 (just in case) which has my addresses in the last ten years. CO got back really quickly (about an hour) to apologise and said to disregard her request - phew. Wonder what this means.

Now the waiting begins (after paying someone to stick needles in me next week anyway - they really want you to appreciate the visa when it comes don't they...).

OK, brace yourselves...

I called my CO this afternoon to remind her I was still waiting on my official visa grant email...and half an hour later I received it...

Subclass 309 Provisional Partner Visa GRANTED!!!!!!!!

I am away for a lie down now.....

Many thanks to everyone for their support and advice, and good luck to those still in the queue...just remember that DIAC are processing visas away quietly in the background, although sometimes it doesn't feel like when you're pulling your hair out!

Oh FANTASTIC GeorgeD.

I am so thrilled for you! I am sure you will have a fantastic weekend now.

Please stay in touch and let us know how your plans go.

Doesn't it feel amazing? :biggrin:

OK, brace yourselves...

I called my CO this afternoon to remind her I was still waiting on my official visa grant email...and half an hour later I received it...

Subclass 309 Provisional Partner Visa GRANTED!!!!!!!!

I am away for a lie down now.....

Many thanks to everyone for their support and advice, and good luck to those still in the queue...just remember that DIAC are processing visas away quietly in the background, although sometimes it doesn't feel like when you're pulling your hair out!

Hi my UK husband lodged his 309 in London.

Received 20/9/10, paid 22/9/10, email from London Office 24/9/10 that application has been sent to Berlin as my husband is currently working and residing in Italy. Moving to Perth mid Nov 2010.

Berlin office advise 5-6month wait. Has anyone had to lodge through Berlin and what was your experience?

The Germans are usually so efficient I hope it really doesnt take this long!

The waiting begins...

Thank you all for your congratulations...it really does help knowing there are people out there who have been on the same journey as you, and there are those who are just embarking on it who still need help and advice...even if just to try and keep a tenuous grip on their sanity!

My application was pretty much right on the money for the timescale as detailed when I applied (3-4 months).

I'll summarise the process and my evidence later so that people can see what it took for me to get mine...I honestly didn't think we had a lot of evidence and was worried about having enough, so maybe it will give some encouragement and ideas to others.

I had a few concerns/worries about my application for a Spouse Visa, but in the end it was actually quite smooth. I thought I'd summarise the experience and evidence for others to review and take encouragement from!

Summary of evidence:

Standard Info Required:

Form 47 and 40

Copies of our Birth Certificates

Copies of our Passports inc page with my Wife's Permanent Residency Label

My wife's 1st marriage cert and divorce cert

Copy of our Marriage Certificate

My wife's and my personal statements

UK Police Check

Medical and X-Ray booked for week after application submitted

My medical was a worry...the Doc said my blood pressure was high, but I told her that was probably because I was 30 mins late having had a mix up with the time of the appointment - the clinic had rescheduled 3 times due to Doctors not being available because of volcano holiday flight chaos! I was also weighed and my BMI was over 30...perhaps because of the jacket I was wearing while carrying my phone, sat nav, etc, etc - the nurse said there was nowhere to hang it, so I'd need to keep it on!! My medical wasn't referred (to my knowledge) and nothing was mentioned about these potential banana skins.

Additional Info/Evidence in Initial Application:

Form 80 (NOT required as standard initially, but may be asked for, so I submitted it anyway)

5 stat decs (3 UK, 2 Oz)

Copy of Wedding Ceremony

Copy of Wedding Reception Menu (I had a few spares!)

Copy of my Will

List of last 20 IP address logins to my wife's online Bank Account (showing mix of UK and Oz IP addresses)

Copy of letter from Centrelink to me at my wife's Oz address advising me to apply for a Tax File Number so they could assess my earnings now we were married and my wife was in receipt of some Child Benefit.

Approx 8-10 Christmas/Birthday/Wedding cards scanned and printed 4 to a page

Approx 12 holiday/family event/wedding photos scanned and printed 4 to a page

My CO acknowledged the application the week after payment was taken and asked for more evidence of our relationship.

Additional Evidence Submitted

Copy of my wife's car insurance certificate with me as a named driver...dated after my application, as I went for a holiday to Oz.

Copy of my wife's will which she made after we submitted our application,

Copy of a tenancy agreement we signed for an apartment in Brisbane...again dated after my application.

You'll note there are no bank statements or utility bills, no phone/email records to show we had kept in touch, etc. The additional evidence we submitted was all dated after the application was submitted...it didn't exist before we sent it in. I think this suggests even newly available evidence is valid, even dated post-application. Our CO needed further evidence and all of it came about after the application...the further evidence was sufficient, so it must be acceptable.

We also made it clear in our statements that we had never lived together at any point before, or even AFTER we were married. My wife is a UK citizen who moved to Oz almost 3 years ago...we were dating before she left and kept in touch over the 3 years...we then decided we wanted to be together, so we got married...but we couldn't live together because she lived in Oz and I had no rights to live there permanently, so couldn't even after our wedding. We got married in the UK in April 2010 and applied May 18th 2010.

And that was it. No interview. Nothing more was asked for, which really is a good job as we didn't have any more!!

I also went on holiday to Oz during my application using an eVisitor visa, so confirmation again that this is allowed (just tell your CO when you are going and how to contact you...you do not need to request their permission...if you have a valid tourist visa for a tourist trip then you already have permission!)

Contacting CO for Progress Updates

First call to CO - 4 months minus 1 day from submission - voicemail

First time speaking to CO - I called 4 months plus 3 days - advised all conditions had been met, visa to be granted 2-3 days

Second time speaking to CO - I called 3 days later - advised visa would be granted immediately

Email from Co with visa grant number 30 mins later.

I think there is pretty much zero chance of a visa being granted earlier than the published timescales, but if you call them at the anticipated time of your decision, you'll most likely find they will let you know over the phone and you will have the grant in a couple of days.

Today, 24th September, grant received for Subclass 309 Provisional Partner Visa.

Looking back through this it seems very simple and straightforward, but really it was torture! The waiting and not knowing what is happening is the worst thing about it, but I got there in the end with almost intact sanity!

I've found this thread to be of great encouragement...particularly when you hear of people who applied around the same time as you being granted their visas...so let's keep the good news flowing, good luck to all applicants!

Guest sweet tooth

Firstly wanted to congratulate you GeorgeD on your fantastic news...it finally came...I bet you can't believe it! I'm so glad they didn't keep you hanging on another weekend longer. So pleased for you!

Also brilliant idea to make a summary of your experience, its very hard to find the real-time timescales, what actually is good evidence to provide etc & i'm sure this will be of great benefit to those starting to put their applications together. As you say also its just reassuring to have the support of people in the same situation as you and keeping your sanity on track....now go on you...get outta here!

Wishing you safe travelling as you make your way Down Under & all the best when you are reunited with your family!