SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

George - contrats mate.

First post in this thread, wonderful thread BTW, and about submit the 309 subclass for my wife. Reading some of the frustrations on this thread I was compelled to write a letter to the Australian Immigration Minister about the ever increasing processing times for the 309.

On the back of the detention centre issues there was a lot of chatter on talk back radio in Sydney during the week in regard to the long wait for spousal visa's.

If we put this into perpective a 457 visa for a non citizen worker and his family takes 1 month approx at a cost of $600 odd dollars. The spousal visa, $1700 at 5-6 months. Hardly encouraging for Oz citizens with non citizen spouses to return home, bring skills, pay taxes, etc.

Feel free to drop Chris a note. You never know, recent media exposure and a few letters might encourage our minister to throw some resouces at this increasing delay.

Address:

Chris Bowen MP

Minister for Immigration and Citizenship

Parliament House

M1/24

Canberra ACT 2600

Telephone: 02 6277 7200

Fax: 02 6273 4406

Email: chris.bowen.mp@aph.gov.au

Electorate office:

Chris Bowen MP

115 The Crescent

Fairfield NSW 2165

Postal address:

Chris Bowen MP

PO Box 802

Fairfield NSW 1860

Australia

If we put this into perpective a 457 visa for a non citizen worker and his family takes 1 month approx at a cost of $600 odd dollars.

It's worth mentioning that a 457 visa is temporary and will never in itself lead to permanent residency. Any applicant wanting to stay on in Oz, needs to pay a second more considerable fee and wait (aside from needing a sponsor and to jump through other hoops).

I just wanted to say congrats GeorgeD on finally getting your visa and thanks for adding the summary email. It's so easy for us to just leave this thread as soon as we get the visa but it's great that so many people still 'hang around' to give advice.

I certainly found it very helpful to hear from people who have actually successfully been through the whole application process as they can provide 'real' help to other applicants. That's why I'm still here - I've got my visa now but found this thread to be so helpful to me I'd like to give something back.

Anyone reading this who is still getting together their application then be reassured that there are a lot of us reading this who have submitted successful applications (even though at times we weren't sure our evidence was enough etc) and are more than happy to answer any of your questions.

Good luck everyone still waiting and congrats again GeorgeD for being the latest in a string of approvals in this thread.

:-)

Thought I'd say congrats as well to GeorgeD - you must be chuffed. When are you planning on going to OZ?

BTW can anyone let me know how to change my signature, want to update it. We've got our flights booked for the 23rd Nov so are trying to get everything sorted before then.

OK, brace yourselves...

I called my CO this afternoon to remind her I was still waiting on my official visa grant email...and half an hour later I received it...

Subclass 309 Provisional Partner Visa GRANTED!!!!!!!!

I am away for a lie down now.....

Many thanks to everyone for their support and advice, and good luck to those still in the queue...just remember that DIAC are processing visas away quietly in the background, although sometimes it doesn't feel like when you're pulling your hair out!

Yeeehaaaaa, George has got his Whooooooppppppppppeeeee moment!!! Congratulations George, take it easy you'll be light headed for a time! :notworthy:

hello everyone i'm new here, i applied for australian spouse visa 309.

Applied from:australian high commission london

Nationality: Algerian living in london.

Date of lodging application:24 february 2010

police check: Yes, submitted with the application 24 february

medicals: Yes, submitted with application 24 february

form 80: Yes, submitted

Co assigned:25 february 2010

date visa granted: still waiting.

good luck for everyone and hopefully the process won't take long because i come from a high risk country(algeria).

woooooooooohoooooooo!!!!!!!!

my visa has been granted today!!!

after 7 months and 3 days.thanks to everyone in this forum!!!

hello everyone here,

i just received a confirmation letter from my CO in paper(electronic),but i wonder if i can get it sticked to my passport because i heared that a lot of people had troubles with electronic ones!!

do i have to call my co about it?

i am waiting for your responses.

Congrats YouGou

I only received the email for the confirmation of my visa.

It does say on the email that your Passport No should be updated so when you try to enter Australia there shouldn't be a problem, but to keep a print out on you for when you arrive in Australia.

It does say on the email that your Passport No should be updated so when you try to enter Australia there shouldn't be a problem, but to keep a print out on you for when you arrive in Australia.

But if you want to open a bank account, how can you show them your visa if it's eletronic?

If you get the sticker, you can show them.

Just a quick question, does everyone still get the paperwork (copies of certified stuff and stat decs etc) back from their CO as we were assigned a CO nearly 2 weeks ago and haven't received our paperwork back yet

Did you include a stamped addressed envelope? If you did, you should get some of the stuff back (the non-form stuff).

That's a shame, I was getting excited! I'll have a read through when I get home later anyway

Quick question while I'm here. Will a job offer in hand speed up the process at all? I'm likely to have one sorted out in the next month or so, but won't be able to apply for the defacto spouse visa until December. As the company want me to start Feb-ish, the 6 month waiting time is a problem.

helloooo!!!!!!

just got the label of my 309 visa in my passport, i went to the embassy this morning to ask about it and then they called me for cashier number 1 and when i showed them the electronic one and told them i want a label and at the mean time she was reading the letter ,she was surprised because she was my case officer!! she said (i'm L G) your case officer !!she was so nice kind and she did it in 2 mins!!!!

good luck to everyone!!! hopefully you will get yours soon!!!

hello thats me again, i have a final question if you can help me !!

is there any restrictions on the validity of my passport to travel to austraalia ?

my passport will expire in february 2011 is it a problem?

thank you for your help!!

Guest gillystuart

Hi there

submitted my partner visa on 23 August with police check. All supporting docs returned within a week

CO assigned on 3 Sept and advised to get medical done

Medical done on 13 Sept....so they will have that now.....so now it's the wait. The case officer's letter stated average waiting time is 5-6 mths but I sure hope it's a bit quicker than that as my app is pretty straightforward

Gilly

Congratulations to everyone that have received your visas over the past month or so.

Our news is that our PR visa grant came through today! It came through in a little under 4 months, exact timeline in my signature.

I just wanted to sasy thanks to everyone for the advice and support given over the past few months. I also want people to take heart in knowing that my OH's visa was granted despite only being cancer free for 2 years and having undergone a stem cell transplant in April 2008.

Congratulations to everyone that have received your visas over the past month or so.

Our news is that our PR visa grant came through today! It came through in a little under 4 months, exact timeline in my signature.

I just wanted to sasy thanks to everyone for the advice and support given over the past few months. I also want people to take heart in knowing that my OH's visa was granted despite only being cancer free for 2 years and having undergone a stem cell transplant in April 2008.

Congratulations Michelle!! I'm nervous now as my application was received 2nd June so keeping everything crossed I get good news when I chase at the end of the week :jiggy: