SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest GeorgeD
Oh my goodness, what a night we have ahead of us!

Turns out our CO is away today, we just had a call from a collegue that was taking calls. He told us that he thought we should have a grant in a few days, but was not sure if there was anything not showing on the file, so not to hold him to it. Our CO is back tomorrow :unsure:

Fingers crossed, in fact everything that can be crossed will be crossed. Hopefully it will be our turn to celebrate tomorrow - pleaseeee!

I've got mine crossed for you too...how glad are you that this is Thursday and not Friday, so you don't need to wait over the weekend???

Guest moodybird

Hi Guys and Gals

Application sent (frontloaded with UK police check) 06/09/10 by special delivery. Received by Australia House 07/09/10 awaiting confirmation of application and payment...... Im worried about the 5-7 month process times as my partner Charlie has to go back to WA November for Harvest!!

I need to send off for my australia police check but not sure how to pay?? (needs to be aud cheque/ postal order) Anybody else sent off for Aussie police check??

Im soooooo stressed right now, but im so happy I found this site. It has been so informative and also its nice to know im not the only one going through this horrible drawn out process!!!

First off congratulations to those that have recently received their visas and good luck to those that are waiting. As I posted on this thread yesterday, I have submitted my Partner Migration subclass 309 application today.

As an aside - SR1992 started this thread in April last year. SR1992 was applying for the same Partner Migration visa as I am, i.e. 47SP Subclass 309, and back then they were talking about a 12 week turnaround time. As I read more recent posts I see a theme that the visa application process is taking 4 months or longer. So is there a longer lead time now than 18 months ago?

P.S. Will I worry about this application? Of course! Will I tell myself that worrying about wont help? Of course! Will I continue to get stressed about it? Of course! Human nature I'm afraid - and I am not a particularly stressy person.

11th May 2009 application lodged

4th August 2009 medical

14th August medical reports submitted and police check

24th August – further evidence of ongoing relationship requested

14th Sept more docs sent

1st October 2009 Form 80 requested and evidence of finances (we were in Oz when asked for this, hence the delay)

22nd October 2009 more documents sent

8th Nov 2009 309 granted

I used John Sylvester from Go Matilda who was very helpful.

Early on this year until June or July they were quoting 3-4 months to process. Now that has gone to 5-6. When you get allocated a case officer ( should be within the next few days to maybe 10) they will tell you if they need any further info and also how long the processing time will be, I wouldn't hold your breath for the visa this year though.

Hi all thought we would finally add our stats, well after spending what feels like forever getting everything together for the visa application, today we have sent it off to Australia House so now the wait begins

Partner visa sent front loaded with police checks 10/09/10

:biggrin:

Guest sweet tooth
Oh the magic words have come "Your visa is granted" :biglaugh::jiggy:

I could not wait to tell you - you are next :hug:

QUOTE=GeorgeD;853602]I've got mine crossed for you too...how glad are you that this is Thursday and not Friday, so you don't need to wait over the weekend???

Fantastic! CONGRATULATIONS...wishing you all the best for your future & have fun celebrating. Got all our fingers crossed for you now GeorgeD!

QUOTE=GeorgeD;853602]I've got mine crossed for you too...how glad are you that this is Thursday and not Friday, so you don't need to wait over the weekend???

Congratulations Sharonp53!! :yes:

Thank you so much for the support. Thank you to everyone thhat was supportive, it really helped xxx

Off to celebrate now :biggrin:

I will be thinking abd hoping for those of you still waiting.

Congratulations!!! That's fantastic, you must be so relived! :hug:

Are you going to be celebrating?

Fantastic news sharonp53, I am absolutely delighted for you...you've earned it. I can only imagine the relief/joy/exhilaration you are going through and am so pleased for you and your family. Now...next up is the hard part...the move lol! Only joking, everything will seem so easy now that you've been through the visa process.

Guest DaveBecs

To all who have recently had their visa granted, well done and congrats. It does feel good, but now comes the movers, flights and the goodbyes!!! Not looking forward to the latter

Congrats to all people who've got their visas in the last few days - especially Sharon!

It was 4 months since my app went in on friday, emailed my CO and he said it will hopefully be finalised this week...

Wow - I've only been offline for a few days and, after a period of no news for weeks it's great that all these visas are being granted now.

I just wanted to say congrats to everyone, esp SharonP53 - we've all been following your story and hoping that yours would come soon.

As others have said though - now for the move, shipping etc!!

Can i just ask a question please? From when does the timeline start, is it from when they take the money or when they assign a CO?

Hi Swifty99,

There has been a bit of debate about this (see earlier in this thread), but we believe its from when the application is received to Australia House (or wherever it was lodged).

Guest sophie1108

SteEyns,

I dont think we have the same CO (mines female) but mine was handed in on the same day.

Hoping to hear today or sometime this week.

Cross fingers for you.

Thank you so much for all your good wishes and support.

I am now trying to organise trip back to UK, getting the car to the shipping company, steam cleaning it and getting the shipment off to Oz. Also trying to organise our dog staying with my daughter, saying goodbye to everyone and of course getting flights....but it is a very exciting - if scary - stage.

There is Soooooo much to do. But I am not complaining. We will be flying out within the month I think. We have to be there by November 25th at latest as that's when Graham's health check runs out.

Where are you going Yugoj and when?

Wishing everyone else all the best I hope those visas start popping through now. But call the CO when you get to your date!

Wow - I've only been offline for a few days and, after a period of no news for weeks it's great that all these visas are being granted now.

I just wanted to say congrats to everyone, esp SharonP53 - we've all been following your story and hoping that yours would come soon.

As others have said though - now for the move, shipping etc!!