SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

I'm hoping someone here may be able to help us out. We've followed this forum for many months. I am British but have an Australian partner and Australian son (8 months). We were in Oz for 3 months when our son was born but had to return to the UK for my work. However, we are looking to move to Oz ASAP and are considering visa options. Does anyone know if the partner visa processing times are shorter when a dependant child (citizen) is involved? We need to get back there ASAP and would be devastated if it takes 5-6 months. We have been together for almost 3 years.

Any help would be really really appreciated.

Sorry m8. Dependant children have no effect on the processing time.

Although a dependant child won't shorten the processing time, it will help you get a permanent visa (100) if you have enough proofs that the relationship is 2-year old.

Guest wenders411

You can write a letter to Immigration when you are in Oz waiting for your Defacto to come through. You have to explain why you need to work, basically pleading with them i think, then if accepted you can get a visa with work rights while you are waiting for the de facto to come through.

If my partner and so were already in Oz, would a case officer not be sensitive to the difficulties a long visa processing time causes? We really need to get back there....it's far too difficult for us to remain in the UK without family.

If my partner and so were already in Oz, would a case officer not be sensitive to the difficulties a long visa processing time causes? We really need to get back there....it's far too difficult for us to remain in the UK without family.

Did you consider moving to OZ on a visitor's visa and then apply onshore? Some members here did it and it worked for them. But it's better to contact the AH and see what they'd tell you.

Good luck

Anyone have any thoughts?

Our agent says do NOT contact CO as they may get sick of you. Trouble is people who applied after us have obtained their visas and we want to know where we stand. The agent seems concerned about his business relationship with CO, so is he just dithering to avoid getting on her nerves, or are we best to sit it out?

What does everyone think?

Our agent says do NOT contact CO as they may get sick of you. Trouble is people who applied after us have obtained their visas and we want to know where we stand. The agent seems concerned about his business relationship with CO, so is he just dithering to avoid getting on her nerves, or are we best to sit it out?

You paid the agent to deal with your visa, so I think it's better let him/her deal with it.

You've been waiting for more than 4 months now, so I think your agent should chase it for you and get some answers for you. Is that not what they are paid for?

Having said that, I don't think that contacting your CO will hurt your application in any way; COs are professionals and they are trained to deal with applicants calling and moaning. So you can still call your CO if the agent is reluctant to do it for you.

Guest MadChicken

Oh Sharonp53!

No visa yet! thats a joke,,,

CO getting sick of you,,

Id tell your agent that the case officer would be more sick if he/she had been waiting over 4 months for the visa with no news yet.For all your agent knows,your visa may be ready and they just need a friendly reminder...(kick up the arse!) to finalise your app.

Id email, or call AH Today and ask for an update of your application status as others have done once there app has reached 4 months and have been succesfull.

Im pretty sure it should be ready Sharon,i emailed my co 2 wks ago and she said it was still 3-4 months (for april apps) and apps are processed in order of them been recieved!(so people shouldnt be getting theres before you) She also said that id be informed if there was going to be any delays and ive not heared anything yet.So as far as i know my app has no delays yet and will be processed within the time frame.My 4 months is nearly up and on that day ill be knocking on there door!

Good luck sharon,, forget the agent (ive never used one and have applied for various visas) just get in touch with them today mate.If they ask why you have called and not your agent,,id say that i cant get in touch with my agent and that my app has been in for more than four months and im BLOODY CONCERNED and getting sick of it lol.:hug:

Guest Nando65

We agree with MadChicken, you are entitled to ask!!! We have used an agent based in Australia and he is on to them like a freight train and as MadChicken said you have paid for it and the time frame is up.

Be strong and contact them, you have nothing to lose and you are entitled to know!!! Best of luck to you!!!

We will get there in the end X:biggrin:

Oh Sharonp53!

No visa yet! thats a joke,,,

CO getting sick of you,,

Id tell your agent that the case officer would be more sick if he/she had been waiting over 4 months for the visa with no news yet.For all your agent knows,your visa may be ready and they just need a friendly reminder...(kick up the arse!) to finalise your app.

Id email, or call AH Today and ask for an update of your application status as others have done once there app has reached 4 months and have been succesfull.

Im pretty sure it should be ready Sharon,i emailed my co 2 wks ago and she said it was still 3-4 months (for april apps) and apps are processed in order of them been recieved!(so people shouldnt be getting theres before you) She also said that id be informed if there was going to be any delays and ive not heared anything yet.So as far as i know my app has no delays yet and will be processed within the time frame.My 4 months is nearly up and on that day ill be knocking on there door!

Good luck sharon,, forget the agent (ive never used one and have applied for various visas) just get in touch with them today mate.If they ask why you have called and not your agent,,id say that i cant get in touch with my agent and that my app has been in for more than four months and im BLOODY CONCERNED and getting sick of it lol.:hug:

We agree with MadChicken, you are entitled to ask!!! We have used an agent based in Australia and he is on to them like a freight train and as MadChicken said you have paid for it and the time frame is up.

Be strong and contact them, you have nothing to lose and you are entitled to know!!! Best of luck to you!!!

We will get there in the end X:biggrin:

Thanks to you both. I agree, I will get Graham to call her tomorrow. Oh God, I am so nervous :twitcy:.

I will let you know how we go.

Thank you both so much. Good luck with yours too!! :hug:

Hi to all

Just a quick update that I hope will help others. Arrived in Oz after being granted 100 in July. All going well BUT can i strongly suggest that anyone being granted a visa push for getting a visa label in their passport. I didn't as was told by CO that all you needed was access to the VEVO website. This is partially true but Oz immigration do not seem to have shared this vision with the rest of Australia. Most organisations I have been to have been looking for a label and when I have produced the print off from the VEVO website - (which incidentally doesn't have your name on it but does have your passport number) I have had to explain why there is no label and all about Vevo. It hasn't stopped us from getting anything yet but everywhere we have gone it has taken a lot longer - With 2 young children this is not always fun!!!!!

Thinking of everyone who is waiting for their visa to come through!!! Good Luck!

• Like 1

Guest Thamby

We have lodged our application @ Australia House London

Payment taken

Front loaded medicals and police checks

Our flights are booked for Australia in 1 month as we can't hack another winter here!

Good luck to everyone who is applying at moment :hug:

Hi to all

Just a quick update that I hope will help others. Arrived in Oz after being granted 100 in July. All going well BUT can i strongly suggest that anyone being granted a visa push for getting a visa label in their passport. I didn't as was told by CO that all you needed was access to the VEVO website. This is partially true but Oz immigration do not seem to have shared this vision with the rest of Australia. Most organisations I have been to have been looking for a label and when I have produced the print off from the VEVO website - (which incidentally doesn't have your name on it but does have your passport number) I have had to explain why there is no label and all about Vevo. It hasn't stopped us from getting anything yet but everywhere we have gone it has taken a lot longer - With 2 young children this is not always fun!!!!!

Thinking of everyone who is waiting for their visa to come through!!! Good Luck!

good advice I say. I read this somewhere else as well, we sent my missus's visa off last friday for a visa label. Should make life easier when we get there.

Hi to all

Great advice - thanks for the heads up.

Wooohoooo, our subclass 100 was granted today, about 3 and a half months from our application date which was 10th May.

We fly to Oz from Bali on Wednesday so nothng like leaving it until the last minute but luckily they came through for us which was fantastic.

Hope everyone else from May time get there visa granted soon.

Wooohoooo, our subclass 100 was granted today, about 3 and a half months from our application date which was 10th May.

We fly to Oz from Bali on Wednesday so nothng like leaving it until the last minute but luckily they came through for us which was fantastic.

Congratulations on your visa!

Enjoy the celebrations

Emma

Guest christinenpete

Congrats, good luck with your move :biggrin:

Hi to all

This is good advice. I have had to show my visa to many people, many times. Often this involves scanning and e-mailing - it isn't always possible to hand over passports, letters and do long explanations. I do worry on other threads when people offer advice not to get the visa evidenced.

Guest MadChicken

Congrats Charlotte,, Safe journey,,all the best

Guest MadChicken

MadChicken is starting too loose the plot now,, its been 16 wks,,

28/04/2010 app received,,

20/08/2010 Mad,C loses the plot.

28/08/2010......????

Really need this visa

Guest MadChicken

Yeh ta emmaroo, I will do, prob should wait till after the 28th then the full four months is up but im going for it,,,

last time i emailed them was on the 30thjuly

will get back on pio and post too let you guys know

Guest SteEyns

Congrats. We submitted ours around then - dare I get in touch with our CO! He did say early Sept...

MadChicken - you have nothing to lose chasing them up!. If you get it I may even ring myself later on...

Guest GeorgeD

That's fantastic news to hear a May application has been approved. Congratulations!!

Here's my timescales:

18th May 2010 Application received at Australia House 18th (with PCC and Form 80, no meds)

18th May Fee charged to Credit Card

19th May Medical carried out

24th May Case Officer emailed me to acknowledge application and request additional evidence

3rd June - 11th August Visited my wife in Australia (additional evidence supplied during this time)

11th August Emailed CO confirming I was back in the UK.

19th August CO confirmed receipt of previous email including the dreaded 5-6 month disclaimer!

I'm either going to hear in the next few weeks or just before Christmas! My house is up for sale and I'll soon be homeless and I've no job as I took a pay off to pay for the wedding and all this visa stuff! I could really do with the timescale being 4 months and not 6!