SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest Thamby
I was wondering if anyone could help me. I am currently waiting for my partner migration visa to be processed (It was sent completely front-loaded on the 23rd of July). If I notified my CO and gave them updated contact details, would I be allowed to go to Australia on a visitor visa for a holiday (with my Australian husband) while my application was being processed?

Hi I too am thinking of doing this.

We have booked flights for mid Sep as my partner is really missing her family.

we have lodged this week at London ... So would I have to get a 6month tourist visa?

Any thoughts would be really appreciated :hug:

Just got the same email from my CO 5-6 months for all partner visas!

Oh poo! :cry:

Oh no! We have the same CO but I haven't heard anything at all from them. This is a bit of a disaster. I need to know when I can ship my life and am currently on the other side of the world from my OH...:arghh: Looks like we'll be apart even longer, then.

Guest Castles315

we have lodged this week at London ... So would I have to get a 6month tourist visa?

Hello Thamby, I posted my question on a seperate thread and received this reply:

Travel during visa processing

After you apply for a partner category visa, you should inform the department if you

intend to travel (either to or from Australia) while your visa application is being

processed. This is because, if you applied for a partner category visa while you were:

• in Australia, you

must be in Australia at the time your temporary and permanent visas

are granted; or

• outside Australia, you must be outside Australia when the temporary visa is granted.

You may be either in or outside Australia when the permanent visa is granted.

If you have applied in Australia, you must ensure that, before you travel outside

Australia, you have a visa to return. Otherwise, you may not be able to return to

Australia and, if your partner category visa application is refused while you are outside

Australia, you may not have a right of review.

Details in here...

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1127.pdf

This seems promising, but I think I'll phone Australia House tomorrow to seek further clarification.

Have you told your CO that you have flights booked? When I was waiting (albeit quite a few months ago and things change a lot in that time) the impression I was given by my CO was that booked flights may help expedite matters. But like I say, policies change.

I was completely frigged off waiting 4 months. 5-6 months is a tough gig as Peach will tell you.

There should be no worries travelling o Aus whilst your visa is being processed, you will just have to leave the country when its time t be granted. A short holiday in NZ would be easy enough.

My missus and I discussed this as I always said I wanted to be home ofr my 30th at the end of September so we would have just got her a visitor visa and gone anyway.

Sorry to hear the 5-6 month timeframe, looks like we just slipped in.

Guest Thamby

Well the application is going in any day now from my agent so I was going to tell her to notify the CO we had booked flights....

Looks pretty tight tho being 6/7 weeks away and they have just announced 5-6 months timeframe!

I would be looking to go to Singapore to pick up the visa if it hadn't been granted in the UK, but in all honesty I don't want to upset customs as I know it's frowned upon waiting in Oz having applied offshore

Guest DaveBecs

I got an email from my CO on Monday stating I should hear in 7 days. They have had my application 4 months on the 31st. My OH has to give 3 months notice at work and we want to leave in November, so I hope I havent got to wait another 2 months. This is so frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Wakeboard1980

I got an email from my CO on Monday stating I should hear in 7 days. They have had my application 4 months on the 31st. My OH has to give 3 months notice at work and we want to leave in November, so I hope I havent got to wait another 2 months. This is so frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Wakeboard1980

Make sure you make sure your CO sticks to their word DaveBecs.

they could at least process the visas they have in the 3-4 month timeframe and start the 5-6mth ones from now and inform everyone when they lodge them.

Typical government departments, doesnt matter what country you are in they are all the same

Have you told your CO that you have flights booked? When I was waiting (albeit quite a few months ago and things change a lot in that time) the impression I was given by my CO was that booked flights may help expedite matters. But like I say, policies change.

I was completely frigged off waiting 4 months. 5-6 months is a tough gig as Peach will tell you.

I told my CO my flight was booked 27.08.09, when I applied 8wks ago, just taking me up to the original 12 week quoted, wedding is booked 20.10.2010, I have spoke to airline they will let me change flights to 14th sept free, I haven't checked internal flights, this will give me 5 weeks to "fine tune" as oh puts it wedding arrangments, flowers,bridesmaids,songs,cars etc!!!!!, I am so stressed, I shall ring my CO tomorrow and see what news she has for me...........oh well yet another sleepless night coming on. :arghh::arghh::arghh: AND to add insult to injury, when OH rang immi in OZ they are still quoting London as 4-8 week turn around, and if he say's don't stress one more time, he may get to see a whole new side of me. LOL x

I told my CO my flight was booked 27.08.09, when I applied 8wks ago, just taking me up to the original 12 week quoted, wedding is booked 20.10.2010, I have spoke to airline they will let me change flights to 14th sept free, I haven't checked internal flights, this will give me 5 weeks to "fine tune" as oh puts it wedding arrangments, flowers,bridesmaids,songs,cars etc!!!!!, I am so stressed, I shall ring my CO tomorrow and see what news she has for me...........oh well yet another sleepless night coming on. :arghh::arghh::arghh: AND to add insult to injury, when OH rang immi in OZ they are still quoting London as 4-8 week turn around, and if he say's don't stress one more time, he may get to see a whole new side of me. LOL x

Hi Maybeamy. I was thinking of Spouse Visas rather then PMVs. My impression (wrong probably) is that PMVs are treated with more 'urgency' as the applicants generally have a date in mind. I do hope matters are resolved in a timely manner.

Awww bless, I hope it gets sorted for you really quickly!!! Men honestly :wink: with the whole don't stress my OH he is excately the same nothing seems to phase him it will happen when it happens kinda attitude, might be why he has less grey hairs then me lol.

Awww bless, I hope it gets sorted for you really quickly!!! Men honestly :wink: with the whole don't stress my OH he is excately the same nothing seems to phase him it will happen when it happens kinda attitude, might be why he has less grey hairs then me lol.

God i wish i was like him, I've been the one stressing. My missus resigned 3 weeks ago but i had been waiting for the visa until I resigned, it came with one week to spare.

Wish I could be so laid back that i didnt worry :arghh:

Dear ****

Thank you for your e-mail. Please kindly note that the current processing time for all Partner Visas is now 5-6 months from date the application was received at the High Commission. This is due to the Migration program numbers having been reduced for this program year by the Australian Government.

Kind regards,

Above is the email I got!

:mad:

Hi Maybeamy. I was thinking of Spouse Visas rather then PMVs. My impression (wrong probably) is that PMVs are treated with more 'urgency' as the applicants generally have a date in mind. I do hope matters are resolved in a timely manner.

Sorry, I meant 'Partner' not 'Spouse' - way too traditional me!:wubclub:

Dear ****

Thank you for your e-mail. Please kindly note that the current processing time for all Partner Visas is now 5-6 months from date the application was received at the High Commission. This is due to the Migration program numbers having been reduced for this program year by the Australian Government.

Kind regards,

not good so the Aus govt would like its nationals to stay abroad rather then give their partners visas!:arghh:

Guest SteEyns
Dear ****

Kind regards,

I haven't heard anything from my CO yet, last email I had from him was a couple of weeks ago giving the same old 3/4 month wait.

Just so hope this is them being worse case for the processing time and that some of them will get processed sooner as if they claim the program numbers have been reduced, then that shouldn't necessarily mean the process of application takes any longer?

Guest yugoj
I haven't heard anything from my CO yet, last email I had from him was a couple of weeks ago giving the same old 3/4 month wait.

Just so hope this is them being worse case for the processing time and that some of them will get processed sooner as if they claim the program numbers have been reduced, then that shouldn't necessarily mean the process of application takes any longer?

I also haven't heard anything from my CO yet - the latest I heard from him was when he told me to contact him at the 4 mth point....although posting this is probably going to jinx that and I'll get 'the' email today.

I'm not sure I understand the relationship between 'program numbers being reduced' and 'increasing processing time'. Surely they're still going to issue the same number of visas, just taking longer to do each one. How does that reduce the number of visas issued? Am I missing something here?

I also haven't heard anything from my CO yet - the latest I heard from him was when he told me to contact him at the 4 mth point....although posting this is probably going to jinx that and I'll get 'the' email today.

I'm not sure I understand the relationship between 'program numbers being reduced' and 'increasing processing time'. Surely they're still going to issue the same number of visas, just taking longer to do each one. How does that reduce the number of visas issued? Am I missing something here?

One of the first things that the new PM said when she took over was that immigration numbers would be cut! I just did not think it would happen so quickly.

I hope you do get your visa after the 4 month point but don't be too disappointed if you don't. I am not banking on hearing anything before 5 months! :sad: