SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest siamsusie
OMG, I am already frustrated. I sent my application on the 2nd from Dublin and they only received it yesterday. The guy on reception said that it can take up to 10 days to be assigned a CO. :arghh: What a load of bull. Any cases I have read about on the forum they seem to have a CO in a day or two of lodging their application.

This process is not going to be good for my health! Just as well I am having the Meds done tomorrow at least my stress levels will be low compared to what they'll be like over the next number of weeks!!! :biglaugh: :err:

wait this lHas anyone had toong?

I waited quite a few weeks before being allocated a case officer. I have to say these last few months the visas have taken some time to come through. Best wishes Susie

Guest epollard74

Thanks Susie, I can just hope that they have taken on a lot of CO's to cope with the volume of applicants. I am refreshing my mail every 10 mins! It will be like watching paint dry, I reckon!:wacko:

Guest siamsusie
Thanks Susie, I can just hope that they have taken on a lot of CO's to cope with the volume of applicants. I am refreshing my mail every 10 mins! It will be like watching paint dry, I reckon!:wacko:

Oh Epollard, my pc was permanently switched on when my Spouse Visa was going through. I had the champers in the fridge, drank it and replaced it three times....stress...it arrives when you least expect it.

Banners from all the defactos stating "Too old to conceive" will be the way to go:wink:outside of Australia House!

You will get there love Susie x

Guest christinenpete
OMG, I am already frustrated. I sent my application on the 2nd from Dublin and they only received it yesterday. The guy on reception said that it can take up to 10 days to be assigned a CO. :arghh: What a load of bull. Any cases I have read about on the forum they seem to have a CO in a day or two of lodging their application.

This process is not going to be good for my health! Just as well I am having the Meds done tomorrow at least my stress levels will be low compared to what they'll be like over the next number of weeks!!! :biglaugh: :err:

Has anyone had to wait this long?

I was wondering when we would be assigned a CO, I guess that answers my question and I'll stop checking our emails so much :rolleyes:

We sent ours on the 2nd to the London office, and it was signed for on the 3rd. It wasn't until the 7th that they took the money and today we were assigned a CO. I think you have to be pretty lucky to get a CO assigned in 1-2 days now.

Welcome to the waiting game. :eek:

I know how you feel, we have been waiting that long too. After looking at all the posts from last year I thought our application would take about a month at the most! Hopefully we will hear something soon. Have you been in touch with your CO?

No I haven't been yet as I thought I would wait until 4 months and then start pestering. Our flights are in August so it's not too desperate yet!!! Does it help to tell your CO when your flights are?

Guest EmilandMarleen
No I haven't been yet as I thought I would wait until 4 months and then start pestering. Our flights are in August so it's not too desperate yet!!! Does it help to tell your CO when your flights are?

It doesn't seem to have helped us but at least we know where we stand so we feel a bit better. We have just been told that we need to wait till July. Also we have found out that we are getting a permanent Visa.

Guest somsy77

They say 8-10 working days on the website, we got a CO assigned only about 10 days (think it was 8 working days) after they recieved it (and took the money on the day they recd it might i add...!), and this was from London itself...

Guest siamsusie
I am right in thinking that you should not staple/ paperclip any of your application together?

Ta

Emma

paper clips are more than enough Emma ...staples are a no no

Guest rachandjon

I put mine into plastic sleeves and labelled them - ever the organised teacher! I also highlighted dates names etc on the bills and lease agreements - anyone else so anal?!

I put mine into plastic sleeves and labelled them - ever the organised teacher! I also highlighted dates names etc on the bills and lease agreements - anyone else so anal?!

Plastic folders? Even though AH ask you not to? Please see me after school.. :biggrin:

How Should I Put My Application Together?

Please do not make complex collations of your application papers. We waste a lot of time (and risk injury to life and limb) deconstructing applications which have been extensively stapled or artfully put together in complex folders with indexes, dividers and tabs. Do not use plastic inserts. Please leave the papers, loosely divided by slide-on paper clips if you feel it is absolutely necessary, in a simple stack. Application form on the top; sponsorship form next; key personal documents next (birth and marriage certificates etc); formal statutory declarations next; and other supporting documents last.

Please do not send us video tapes or photograph albums. If you would like to support your claims with photographs, please choose a representative selection and make a photocopy.

Please do not send us phone cards at all as they can tell us nothing. If you wish to send examples of correspondence, please be very selective and send copies only.

Guest somsy77

YAY just got my visa confirmed email! Exactly 3 months to the day of application!

WOOO HOOO

THANKS peach, siamsusie, and everyone else who helped so much!!

i know, she even laughed and said shame you didnt apply a week later! I said, can you push it back.... she couldnt. oh well. at leats I know its coming....

Still dont get why some peoples are going quicker than others

My agent seemed to think that the delay was originally caused by the volume of applications they received in January (maybe it was the cold weather!). Now to massage the numbers a bit, they're trying to push the non-urgent cases past the end of June before giving them approval - that way they show up as year 2010-2011 grants and smooth out the spike caused by the high number of applications in January.

Just spoken to Australia House and they say I can submit application with copies of aussie stat declarations with a note to say that originals can be provided if necessary!

So, I will be stoppping off at the post office tonight!

OMG! I feel sick with nerves! :swoon:

Guest triksta

:jiggy:

Congratulations!!!!

You have given me some hope as sent application off Monday!!!!

YAY just got my visa confirmed email! Exactly 3 months to the day of application!

WOOO HOOO

THANKS peach, siamsusie, and everyone else who helped so much!!

Guest somsy77

Thanks, And good luck!!

I emailed him at the 8 week point asking if I could book tickets for July/Aug, and he said he was just starting to assess my application, and was not ready to finalise, so I thought for sure it was going to be 4months. A couple of days ago, I gave in to the pressure and emailed him asking if there was any change in my applications's status as we were near the 13 week mark now (3 months exact).

And the response I got was the visa confirmation.

Must say I didn't have any hiccups, except I didn't have a birth cert (lost in my father's papers somewhere in India), but they insisted I send them a notarised copy (even tho the booklet said I could give a stat dec that I dont have it), so that delayed things slightly, but I guess they do really consider the 3-4 month wait time as starting from date of application.

Which is not fair to a lot of people who applied in Jan :err: :: looks at Peach ::

:jiggy:

Congratulations!!!!

You have given me some hope as sent application off Monday!!!!