SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi Markp,

I did the same. It's only a problem as your first entry date will be 12 months from your medical or police check. So if it's granted within a year and you enter the country before the 12 months you'll be ok.

Thanks a lot. Definitely want to go asap so fingers crossed all will be ok.

Don't email them, there really is nothing to be done now you've done and submitted them.

Generally, it states you should not do your medical until asked by your CO. This is usually around the 3 month mark after lodging and they ask you to do them around the 6 month mark. This is because they are only valid for one year and so if your visa grant runs long or even if its granted around the 10 month mark, you leave yourself little time to validate the visa as the countdown clock for validation starts from the date of your medical or police check, whichever is first.

CO do have discretion to extend these but honestly, if people do them around the 6 month mark there is no need, you usually have a good 6 months if not more to then validate. There is also that they may ask you to re take them if they expire.

Anyone else reading this.... :) Doing the medical or police check so early on does not impact the processing times so people really are better off waiting till asked by CO (however, if you need say a US police clearance and this takes say 3 months to come through, it is probably advisable to apply for this sooner rather than later. If its a UK police check they are generally back within a couple of weeks so could be applied for around the 6 month mark when booking your medical.

http://uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/immi_health.html

http://uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/immi_character.html

And this link http://uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/immi_partner.html Always a worthwhile read for people getting ready to apply for a partner visa or PMV.

Thanks for replying. Won't contact.

I feel Ya. We applied for my partners visa early March. Myself and the two kids all have Oz passports so it's just his visa we need and we can head home! I can't wait. Daughter starts school in Feb so I praying we get notified before xmas so we can get back in Jan.

we've organised kids to start end January we're flying over start of January...if not granted by then planning for me on tourist visa....

I got my 'depart for grant' email just now! I have until 2/10/16 to validate it (12 months from my last police check)

10 months to the day!

Hey bobby122, the activation date is a really important one for me, can I just check... you said your activation date is 12 months from your last Police clearence? does that mean you did your Police clearence was dated 2/10/15, did you only just supply that just before the grant?

I can see from your signature that you did your UK one in May 2015 and your USA one came through Otober 2015, so its 12 months from your USA one right? I wonder why its not from the UK one?

Hey bobby122, the activation date is a really important one for me, can I just check... you said your activation date is 12 months from your last Police clearence? does that mean you did your Police clearence was dated 2/10/15, did you only just supply that just before the grant?

I can see from your signature that you did your UK one in May 2015 and your USA one came through Otober 2015, so its 12 months from your USA one right? I wonder why its not from the UK one?

Hey, yes the activation date is 12 months after the date on my USA fbi check (it took ages to get)

So the activation date is actually about 18 months after my medicals and UK police check. I'm not sure why!

I uploaded the fbi check to my immi account on Tuesday night and Wednesday morning I got the grant email (interestingly it wasn't my CO who granted it!)

Hey, yes the activation date is 12 months after the date on my USA fbi check (it took ages to get)

So the activation date is actually about 18 months after my medicals and UK police check. I'm not sure why!

I uploaded the fbi check to my immi account on Tuesday night and Wednesday morning I got the grant email (interestingly it wasn't my CO who granted it!)

Yea that is interesting! Great, 18 months after your UK Police check and Medicals is great news for me :)

I feel Ya. We applied for my partners visa early March. Myself and the two kids all have Oz passports so it's just his visa we need and we can head home! I can't wait. Daughter starts school in Feb so I praying we get notified before xmas so we can get back in Jan.

We applied in March also Kate, same situation as us, all four of my kids and OH have Australia citizenship/passports. I was hoping to be December/January notification, the only thing holding us back is dogs rabies jabs! :-)

Cheers MT

Just to update my situation. Applied PMV300 16/3/15. Did medical and police check in June. Flew out to Oz in July. Got back from my 3 monthly necessary trip last week. Fiji was great and cheap too! I'd recommend the mud baths if anyone else is going this route. Immigration pulled me to one side coming back in but was a quick chat and no issues when I explained the situation. Wedding plans are going great and we're just hoping the grant comes through before it. It's gonna be a push as it has to be inside 9 months 3 days. Lol. Is that cutting it fine? Good luck to everyone else.

Just to update my situation. Applied PMV300 16/3/15. Did medical and police check in June. Flew out to Oz in July. Got back from my 3 monthly necessary trip last week. Fiji was great and cheap too! I'd recommend the mud baths if anyone else is going this route. Immigration pulled me to one side coming back in but was a quick chat and no issues when I explained the situation. Wedding plans are going great and we're just hoping the grant comes through before it. It's gonna be a push as it has to be inside 9 months 3 days. Lol. Is that cutting it fine? Good luck to everyone else.

Tthe wedding, iirc it has to take place within 9 months of the visa grant. As far as I understand it you'll have plenty of time once the visa is granted to get married.

Tthe wedding, iirc it has to take place within 9 months of the visa grant. As far as I understand it you'll have plenty of time once the visa is granted to get married.

I meant the wedding is taking place 9 months 3 days after my application. Sorry for not being clear. I'm not concerned about validating in time. I'm more concerned about the grant.

I meant the wedding is taking place 9 months 3 days after my application. Sorry for not being clear. I'm not concerned about validating in time. I'm more concerned about the grant.

I thought the current timescale for grant was 10-14 months for a PMV, same as a partner visa. Hence them giving time once in Aus after grant to marry.

Good luck with it though.

I thought the current timescale for grant was 10-14 months for a PMV, same as a partner visa. Hence them giving time once in Aus after grant to marry.

Good luck with it though.

It is 10-14 months. The OH got excited and cut it very fine. Just crossing our fingers and gonna give the CO a nudge to remind them about the date in a couple of weeks.

It is 10-14 months. The OH got excited and cut it very fine. Just crossing our fingers and gonna give the CO a nudge to remind them about the date in a couple of weeks.

Hopefully that works out for you :)

I have read of people setting a date early or before the visa grant has come through and having to push the wedding date back as the visa didn't come through in time. Be prepared just in case.

Hopefully that works out for you :)

I have read of people setting a date early or before the visa grant has come through and having to push the wedding date back as the visa didn't come through in time. Be prepared just in case.

You have to set the date as part of the application. Everything has to be in place. And there's no way the date is moving. If the grant hasn't come through by then we get married and change the application to a spouse visa.

Most people will change the wedding date, or change the wedding to a "celebration" without the actual legal marriage taking place. Keep in mind that changing to a partner visa would then mean you need to submit a LOT more evidence to support your application. If you've got that all in place, then it's probably not a problem just extra paperwork.

You have to set the date as part of the application. Everything has to be in place. And there's no way the date is moving. If the grant hasn't come through by then we get married and change the application to a spouse visa.

You set a date that is before the given grant time frame though. So long as you are prepared it might not have come through by then and have plans in place, all good :)

Most people will change the wedding date, or change the wedding to a "celebration" without the actual legal marriage taking place. Keep in mind that changing to a partner visa would then mean you need to submit a LOT more evidence to support your application. If you've got that all in place, then it's probably not a problem just extra paperwork.

My agent assured me that the date we chose would be fine. And if not the change to a spouse visa app would be simple. Going to get him to nudge the CO in a couple of weeks then decide what to do by there response. Having the ceremony without the legalities is also an option. We'll decide which route to go by whatever response we get.

its all quiet on the western front. im coming up to 9 months on monday. looks like their trend of mass approvals has abated this time around. fingers crossed for the next batch

This morning went on my E-mail to check my work stuff......2 E-mails

1 309 partner visa.......Grant

2 100 partner visa.......Grant

Never been happier total time frame 8months 12 days, was expecting dec/jan

case officer VF

so good news for everyone with my case officer

will start celebrating this weekend.

Thank you for all your support & help these last eight months, without this forum I would have been blind to this whole process so thanks everyone.

Its like getting an oscar and having to give your speech whilst excited like a kid. So thanks to all of you

I depart for australia on the 8th of december stopping in bali for a week on my way over and arriving in sydney to start our new life

on the 16th of december....just in time for christmas.

thanks

and just as i say that.....lol

big congrats man. 2 weeks after me so hopefully not long to wait.

is processing times in accordance with some queue or how fast your co acts ?