SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

OMG I GOT MY VISA GRANT TODAY SOOOOOOO VERY VERY HAPPY :ssign19:....... Been out all day with the kids only just got back and checked my emails cant believe it :smile:[/QUOTe]

Congrats, all the best :)

Edited by snifter

OMG I GOT MY VISA GRANT TODAY SOOOOOOO VERY VERY HAPPY :ssign19:....... Been out all day with the kids only just got back and checked my emails cant believe it [emoji2][/QUOTe]

Congrats, all the best :)

So how long was the wait in the end? Massive congrats.

Edited by snifter
fixed quote tags

I've already got the tourist visa, I checked my immi account and the partner visa is still processing so it hasn't been cancelled. I just find it incredible that it's been over a month since I applied and I've still not got a CO assigned to my application. It looks like the 10-14 month mark is true.

Hiya, I fly to Aus for 2 weeks next week and emailed to let them know I had applied for eta visitor. I don't want to risk it!

Don't forget Aussiegirl :)

Yep don't forgot me too, we all should be around the same time or in that area shouldn't we , don't know if got CO as the agents are doing it for us, got to redone the passport applications as some of the words wasn't in the boxes right GRRRR silly lady at post office

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Jen NT viewpost-right.png

OMG I GOT MY VISA GRANT TODAY SOOOOOOO VERY VERY HAPPY ssign19.gif....... Been out all day with the kids only just got back and checked my emails cant believe it emoji2.png

Aww WOW Jen that is fab news you have being waiting for this ,you cracked open the champs yet? So what's the next step then for you all x

Thanks for your replies guys....oh well, one of those things I guess. No children between us, I have two daughters (who have citizenship through descent) and hubby has a daughter who lives with us. My eldest is coming over next year due to studies so just the four of us emigrating for now (and our beloved staffy which some airlines won't touch as he is on a list of banned breeds???!!!! He is THE softest mutt you could ever meet)....... :notworthy:

Thanks for your replies guys....oh well, one of those things I guess. No children between us, I have two daughters (who have citizenship through descent) and hubby has a daughter who lives with us. My eldest is coming over next year due to studies so just the four of us emigrating for now (and our beloved staffy which some airlines won't touch as he is on a list of banned breeds???!!!! He is THE softest mutt you could ever meet)....... :notworthy:

Omg! Which airline/ country has banned staffies?? That's awful. :( I haven't got one but I love them.

Omg! Which airline/ country has banned staffies?? That's awful. :( I haven't got one but I love them. 

Aren't they one of the breeds that airlines won't carry due to breathing issues? Something to do with the shape of their noses if I remember rightly. There are other similar breeds which airlines are also reluctant to take for the same reason - its for the good of the dogs.

Aren't they one of the breeds that airlines won't carry due to breathing issues? Something to do with the shape of their noses if I remember rightly. There are other similar breeds which airlines are also reluctant to take for the same reason - its for the good of the dogs.

I don't think staffies are brachycephalic. Maybe you're thinking of bulldogs, pugs etc ? It sounds more like some airlines won't take bull breed as they believe they are dangerous. Pit bulls are banned in many countries but I hadn't heard of Staffordshire bulls being banned.

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Jen NT viewpost-right.png

Aww WOW Jen that is fab news you have being waiting for this ,you cracked open the champs yet? So what's the next step then for you all x

Hay Aussiegirl its all go for us we fly out 1st week of September. Very excited a little nervous and a bit stressed with trying to sort everything and pack (not easy with all the kids with me) otherwise all is going well not long now :wink:

If you have his pedigree and registration it should not be an issue with most airlines I'd have thought. Staffies are not a banned breed in Aus or the UK and there are airlines that ship them. A decent pet shipping company could point you in the right direction I am sure.

No Bound4Tassie is right - they are deemed dangerous by some airlines like Emirates. Seems the only airlines that will take him are Qantas and BA - typical the two most expensive ones!!!!! It's just ridiculous as he is about as fierce as a bowl of porridge....... :-)

That's me hit the 9 month mark today. I've only got 2 weeks left in Australia so I asked my immigration agent to send an email for a wee update, so see if I hear anything soon. I've been in Australia since June 2014 with my partner, it's been a long hard process. Hopefully not long now.