SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

I've got a one-way ticket booked. I'm hoping my visa will be granted before I go but I should have enough money to show I can "holiday" there and fly to NZ/Bali/wherever when I need to. Also my tourist visa will cover the maximum estimate for the visa grant, if it gets to that.

We are hoping the same as well, fingers crossed! Thanks :-)

So I have arrived in Tassie. Mank weather! Woman at immigration yelled at me for being in Aussie passport only queue, didn't say anything about ticking 'migrating permantly' box on landing card or just 1 way ticket. Been applying for jobs but think I'll find it harder until I get the 309.

So I have arrived in Tassie. Mank weather! Woman at immigration yelled at me for being in Aussie passport only queue, didn't say anything about ticking 'migrating permantly' box on landing card or just 1 way ticket. Been applying for jobs but think I'll find it harder until I get the 309.

Congrats, why did you go through the Aussie channel, do they not have the biometric gates there?

Congrats, why did you go through the Aussie channel, do they not have the biometric gates there?

They didn't even have Immigration in Tassie when I was there earlier this year, usually have to go through Immigraton on the mainland these days. If they've started international flights again then its only very recently.

I'm confused with a few things that are required on the document checklist. I've applied online so when I attach the two recent passport-sized photographs of myself how would I include my name written on the back?

Also, we have both done our personal statements as word documents that include details of our relationship, how it developed and our future plans. Do these need to be certified?

I'm confused with a few things that are required on the document checklist. I've applied online so when I attach the two recent passport-sized photographs of myself how would I include my name written on the back?

Also, we have both done our personal statements as word documents that include details of our relationship, how it developed and our future plans. Do these need to be certified?

Hi, As far as the photos go you dont need them. I made the mistake of posting them to London and they were returned to me by my CO saying they arent required. So dont worry about trying to upload them.

We used the box on the online application for personal statements. Never needed to have them certified and all was good.

Edited by Bronyaur
Extra money info

Your statements don't need to be certified. Only the stat decs need certifying.

They didn't even have Immigration in Tassie when I was there earlier this year, usually have to go through Immigraton on the mainland these days. If they've started international flights again then its only very recently.

Yes it was immigration in Melbourne, was in a massive rush to make my connection flight and ended up in the wrong passport line by accident :err: was lucky I arrived when I did, the following day all flights arriving to Launceston were cancelled due to the weather!

I dont have a case officer yet but i have the option in my immi account to do my medicals... I have booked in for Monday... Does everyone have the option to do it right away or does it normally only show between the time your CO requests it from you?

It always shows straight away

Yes it was immigration in Melbourne, was in a massive rush to make my connection flight and ended up in the wrong passport line by accident :err: was lucky I arrived when I did, the following day all flights arriving to Launceston were cancelled due to the weather!

Enjoy Tassie! Its a lovely place

You probably already know but the medical is valid for a year so if your visa takes longer than that to grant, you'll have to pay for it again.

They can extend your medical for 6 months as well as your police checks, thats what the told me. So im really hoping it will be all done and usted by then!