SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Wow that does sound harsh, suppose all we are ,are numbers not people with feelings. Did most of you use agents or do it online yourselves, was it easy doing all paperwork ,what homework or pointers would you say or do with paperwork prior to doing it online

It's REALLY easy to do online. You don't have to certify documents if you scan colour copies of your passport, birth certificate etc. I didn't even scan my documents, I took photos of them and uploaded them! Just make sure you have everything ready on your computer to upload when you've finished completing the online form.

Thanks Natleg ,I have gone through the checklist, I have all the birth certificates and name of deed change for me, my OH passports as me and kids don't have one yet, as iam applying for Australian passports for us much easier. Apart from them items , should I get anything else ready for it

Sorry I might not have been clear. We have 3 stat decs from AUS citizens- all witnessed. If we were to add additional uk ones as a bit of extra evidence....do they still need witnessing?

Also I've just seen a part about proving you had healthcare cover before you are eligible for medicare. What did people do for this? Thanks

This is from the partner visa guidance notes:

If you are outside Australia and are unable to get an Australian citizen or Australian permanent residentto complete a statutory declaration in support of your relationship with your partner, you may obtainstatements from people who know you and your sponsor. Such statements are not statutory declarationsunder Australian law. However, in accordance with policy, they should be witnessed or certified accordingto the legal practices of the relevant country. Failing that, they should be witnessed by a personwhose occupation or qualification is comparable to a person included in the prescribed persons list onpages 29–30. This person should sign, date and specify their occupation or qualification at the bottom ofthe statement.

So you are right about them not being official stat decs by law, but I'd still get them witnessed!

Well as I say we do have the Aussie ones. I was just going to get a couple more uk ones as having lived in the UK for 9 years together obviously there is more to talk about re the genuine nature of our relationship for our uk friends/ Family. I didn't want to hassle them with witnesses if I didn't need to. But I guess they may as well do it. I think what you wrote applies if you don't know any other Aussies to ask.

If you have Aussie stat decs, you may not need statements from Uk. We only had one Aussie stat dec and no Uk statements. Our CO said thats fine. He didnt need anymore.
I know we don't need need them....but they help show that we are seen socially as a couple . The Aussie ones don't do that so much as we don't live there!!So what did people do re the health insurance or showing you have cover before you get Medicare? If you get insurance now for the application you 're paying for insurance you don't need for at least another 10-14 months. Bit confused here! Edited by Bound4Tassie