SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

No receipts, you have to wait to hear from a Case Officer (see my timeline below). It took about 4 weeks for me but it may or may not take longer than that. The fact that the cheque has been cashed is proof of receipt and the clock ticks from that date as far as visa grant is concerned. The whole things is a waiting game.

I've been waiting for 5 months and I never heard from a case officer, and many people don't. You'll only hear from them if they want something from you, so if you don't hear, it means your application is complete. You'll hear when they want you to do your medical and police checks though, around the 6 month mark.

You will get a standard letter though, which indicates your application and money has been received.

Can you do the medical and police before they ask for them and then send them in or do you have to wait for them to say when to go in , any help would be much appreciated

They will tell you when they want you to do the medical and the police check. It will be around the 6 month mark. If you do them too early, you might be asked to do them again (like me), but also, the later you do them, the more time you will have to enter Australia by once your visa is granted. As the other person who replied said, you have to enter when they are vaild, and they are valid for a year.

I'd recommend waiting until they ask, but it might all fit together if you do it now, but you're giving yourself less flexibility.

I've been waiting for 5 months and I never heard from a case officer, and many people don't. You'll only hear from them if they want something from you, so if you don't hear, it means your application is complete. You'll hear when they want you to do your medical and police checks though, around the 6 month mark.

You will get a standard letter though, which indicates your application and money has been received.

My standard letter (via email) introduced my Case Officer though. This may have changed since 2013 I guess.

I feel like medals should be awarded along with our visas. This is definitely a test of endurance, patience and stamina. I'll email the embassy with the request -you all deserve one, lads!

Navigation of bureaucracy is a top skill on my LinkedIn page.

My partner does snore though, so I suppose while we're in different continents waiting for the visa, 5 - 7 months longer than we'd planned for (the website should really remove that '5 months' rubbish), at least I get to sleep without murdersome tendencies.

Any other benefits ... anyone ...?

Edited by Eifster

Hang in there guys.

Visa Applied for with Police Clearance Checks (for the UK and Australia) 16/08/2014 CO AW assigned 19/08/2014 New CO DP Assigned 16/03/2015 Medical Examination Completed 07/04/2015 Visa Granted 28/05/2015 (9 months and 12 days). Touch down in Perth Town 16/06/2015 just in time for my Father-in-Law's 60th birthday and wedding!

Hang in there guys.

Visa Applied for with Police Clearance Checks (for the UK and Australia) 16/08/2014 CO AW assigned 19/08/2014 New CO DP Assigned 16/03/2015 Medical Examination Completed 07/04/2015 Visa Granted 28/05/2015 (9 months and 12 days). Touch down in Perth Town 16/06/2015 just in time for my Father-in-Law's 60th birthday and wedding!

Congratulations!! We applied 29th August so hopefully not long

Hang in there guys.

Just in time for the parties, perfect!

Congrats

Hey guys. i hope my case is handled a little bit faster.

ive been in Australia from the uk for around 5 years on various visas.

met my wife 1 year in and been with her for 4 years, we got engaged after 2 and married just over 12 months ago in Australia.

now i applied for the partner visa in Australia and it got rejected as we was provided false information by a agents free consultation.

so i had to leave 4 months ago.

i have just finished and submitted all our applications for me to go back to Australia on a spouse visa.

i was wondering if our case will be fast tracked, as we have been married 12 months and been together 4 years.

ive also been apart now for 4 months, and its not a good scenario to be apart from my wife if the visa takes 12 months. that would be a total of 16 months apart, which is harsh when you are newly married.

im really hoping they get things moving as this is hell at the min, any info anyone might have would be great to shed some light on expected waiting times :/

met my wife 1 year in and been with her for 4 years, we got engaged after 2 and married just over 12 months ago in Australia.

now i applied for the partner visa in Australia and it got rejected as we was provided false information by a agents free consultation.

i have just finished and submitted all our applications for me to go back to Australia on a spouse visa.

i was wondering if our case will be fast tracked, as we have been married 12 months and been together 4 years.

ive also been apart now for 4 months, and its not a good scenario to be apart from my wife if the visa takes 12 months. that would be a total of 16 months apart, which is harsh when you are newly married.

im really hoping they get things moving as this is hell at the min, any info anyone might have would be great to shed some light on expected waiting times :/

You Will go back to the bottom of the queue and have to wait 12+ months like everyone else. You could always go on a tourist visa to be with your wife or a whv if you're eligble.

What was the false information you were provided by an agent?

Edited by bobby122

Don't think it matters on length to be honest we have been married 14 years and together 18 years :-(

im guessing you got to spend some of them years with your husband? we are newly weds and have to be apart after already paying and submitting a onshore application and it going wrong..... so this is the second pay out on this visa alone :/

been trying to stay for the past 3 years. the last visa took over 2 years for them to say no and give me 28 days to leave, which is a total joke after i have created a life over there will house and cars and bills. :/

You Will go back to the bottom of the queue and have to wait 12+ months like everyone else. You could always go on a tourist visa to be with your wife or a whv if you're eligble.

What was the false information you were provided by an agent?

we wass told my a agent yesterday who submitted for my type of application its a MAX of 12 months, but should typically be around 8 months, maybe sooner.... :/

we was 2 months short on the living conditions when i submitted the application, states u have to live together 12 months, adviser told us 10 months is fine. it will prob get rejected but you can appeal and all new info goes forward and it will be granted.... which was incorrect and no new info can be put forward at the appeal.

the adviser never put this in writing so we didnt have a leg to stand on.

im guessing you got to spend some of them years with your husband? we are newly weds and have to be apart after already paying and submitting a onshore application and it going wrong..... so this is the second pay out on this visa alone :/

been trying to stay for the past 3 years. the last visa took over 2 years for them to say no and give me 28 days to leave, which is a total joke after i have created a life over there will house and cars and bills. :/

Wow ow that's harsh! Yes been together the whole time and got married in Oz too.. Fingers crossed you get a solution

Wow that does sound harsh, suppose all we are ,are numbers not people with feelings. Did most of you use agents or do it online yourselves, was it easy doing all paperwork ,what homework or pointers would you say or do with paperwork prior to doing it online

Edited by Aussiegirl

Visa Granted!!

We applied online on the 11th of August 2014, Case officer issued three days later, LC. Medical and Police check due in November 14. Quoted 10-14 months. Visa approved two weeks early on the 28th of May! So happy I could burst.

Edited by Jodestar13

Visa Granted!!

We applied online on the 11th of August 2014, Case officer issued three days later, LC. Medical and Police check due in November 14. Quoted 10-14 months. Visa approved two weeks early on the 28th of May! So happy I could burst.

Fantastic news congratulations!!!

Visa Granted!!

congrats to u, u must feel on top of the world :):)

Visa Granted!!

Great news! At last some results for the 10 month mark. Heres hoping its the same for me.

Visa Granted!!

Brilliant news! Congratulations x

I don't really understand, if you are applying on the grounds of marriage the 12 month living requirement isn't needed. You only need to have been living together for 12 months if you are applying on defacto grounds. Using an agent for a partner visa doesn't seem worth the money as it's really easy and simple to do online. In fact I've done two of these applications as my previous partner was my sponsor on defacto grounds. Which I thought may count against my new application but it wasn't even mentioned/questioned.