SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi everyone

I haven't posted before but have been reading this thread since I applied for my partner visa in January.

I received my visa on Tuesday so it took 8 months and 3 days! I e-mailed my case officer on Tuesday morning and received an out of office reply saying that he was on leave until the end of the month so I e-mailed the familymigration e-mail address and got my "grant" e-mail back within a couple of hours! I'm so glad I didn't wait until my case officer returned from leave.

Good luck to everyone who is waiting.

Cheers, Helen

[QUOT E=helenmooshap;1936607598]Hi everyone

I haven't posted before but have been reading this thread since I applied for my partner visa in January.

I received my visa on Tuesday so it took 8 months and 3 days! I e-mailed my case officer on Tuesday morning and received an out of office reply saying that he was on leave until the end of the month so I e-mailed the familymigration e-mail address and got my "grant" e-mail back within a couple of hours! I'm so glad I didn't wait until my case officer returned from leave.

Good luck to everyone who is waiting.

Cheers, Helen

That's what we should have done!! Congratulations! :)

Hiya, I applied to the London office (not on-line) for a Spouse visa and yes I got a 100 which is great! I've been married to an Aussie for 10 years and we have 2 children together so that may have swayed their decision...

We're off to Melbourne at the end of October - it's scary now that it's really happening!

Hiya, I applied to the London office (not on-line) for a Spouse visa and yes I got a 100 which is great! I've been married to an Aussie for 10 years and we have 2 children together so that may have swayed their decision...

We're off to Melbourne at the end of October - it's scary now that it's really happening!

Similar story here. Me and my partner have been together for 16 years - 15 of those in the UK. I think our delay was because our case officer was on leave for a few weeks and hadn't put our application in to action for a grant before they left. Doesn't matter though, at least we have it now!

Congratz to all people granted....DownUndergirl what type of tickets are those? Are they very dear? 6 months 3 weeks and 4 days since I applied and counting.....

Grabri, we have booked through Singapore Airlines, they have a 'Flexi Saver' fare which were slightly cheaper than the fully flexible tickets, these are not fully flexible as there is a $80 USD charge if you cancel and also if we do have to change our dates and there are no cheap seats left then we may have to pay extra but we are fairly flexible on dates and have our fingers crossed that we don't need to change them.

Our UK Police Check expires before the date our flights are booked (though we can change our dates), we are just thinking we can apply for a new police clearance and submit it before our visa is granted that this will change the date we have to enter Aus by as our other documents are dated later, does anyone know if this is the case or is it more complicated than we think?

Good Afternoon All

Just joined the long wait for a Visa and wanted to come onto the forum (have been reading it for a while) in the hope that people can share their experiences and hopefully if there are any tips pass them on.

Submitted my 309/100 application on 12th May and the next 9 months seem like a long time to wait but at least countdown is on. My wife is Australian and we have lived together for over 6 years now so hopefully have enough time and documentation to make the process smooth. We are both in the UK and counting down the days until can move to OZ

Any news? We lodged our de facto visa for my boyfriend in March, we have been together 4 years, own a property together and cannot wait to go back to my home town for a new adventure/chapter in our lives. Keep us posted!

I think the closest places would be either New Zealand or Bali, however I'm not sure which is cheapest. We have a back-up plan to go to NZ if the grant doesn't come through in time. I'm not looking at flights yet though, as I quietly have my fingers crossed that we won't have to do that.

We have the exact same plan in mind to escape to NZ or Bali if needed- do you have any updates? We submitted de facto visa in March so just waiting....waiting....

Been a long time lurker so thought I'd give something back, especially to all those nervously waiting.

Just had my 309/100 visa approved....8 months to the day!

Here is my timeline... good luck to everyone!

309/100Visa submitted: 10/10/13 (payment taken 11/10/13)

Case Officer assigned (RN): 19/11/13

Police (check) Certificate received: 13/01/14

Medical examination: 20/02/14

Medical cleared: 03/03/14

Visa granted 11/06/14 (8 months 0 days!)

Current status: bubbles......!>>>!>>!>>!>!>

Fantastic! I am awaiting my partners visa and we have just passed 6 months....waiting waiting and can't wait to post like you with 'bubbles....!' :P xx

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooo!

*bigfathappydance*

He got it! Hubby has had his visa granted and we're going home! :-)

I was on Skype to my Mum and Dad in Oz when hubby walked in with the email. I am so happy I could burst! Actually, I am - well, my eyes are! They keep leaking because I am so very, very happy.

Thanks everyone for your support and I hope this starts a new wave of grants coming through. @TheEscapePlan, you must be next... :-)

Happy day! Happy, happy day!

Fantastic news!!! Happy days :):)