SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi! I'm new to this forum but it has been really helpful whilst I was compiling my application so thanks!

My subclass 309 application was received at Australia house on 16/06/2014 and I was assigned my CO today (10/07/2014), 3 weeks and 3 days after receiving!

I have to wait until after September to do police/medical checks - I have to do a Australian police check as I lived there for a year, but I was wondering if anybody had any idea if they will send the certificate back to me in England, or if I have to give them an Australian address?

It's probably a silly question, just don't want to make any mistakes!!

Also, does anyone know how long it takes for a medial check appointment for the hospitals in London? Is it fairly easy to get one?

Hi Moving to Tasmania, unfortunately we do not have the email address of our CO either and need to let them know about our travel plans, would you be able to send me a PM explaining how to work out their email address?

I will do. I don't understand this new move by DIAC to not add the email addresses of the CO. How the heck are you supposed to contact them?

Hi! I'm new to this forum but it has been really helpful whilst I was compiling my application so thanks!

My subclass 309 application was received at Australia house on 16/06/2014 and I was assigned my CO today (10/07/2014), 3 weeks and 3 days after receiving!

I have to wait until after September to do police/medical checks - I have to do a Australian police check as I lived there for a year, but I was wondering if anybody had any idea if they will send the certificate back to me in England, or if I have to give them an Australian address?

Also, does anyone know how long it takes for a medial check appointment for the hospitals in London? Is it fairly easy to get one?

Welcome to the forum LouiseCT.

All the certificates you submit to DIBP that are originals will be returned to you; photocopies will not.

The medical check takes about 30 minutes; it's very fast and there's a list of places in the UK on the website. I will find the link and post it for you later. Different places charge different amounts, so it's worthwhile shopping about.

It is going through the final stages and is ready for the aye or nay for granting

I see, thanks.

I just went back and re-read all the emails just incase I had missing something but that email was back in May. My last proper contact with KC other than sending a new copy of my updated passport.

Hi and welcome :) We had to get an australian police check too but it was done so quickly and they posted it to us in Ireland too :) It only took two weeks for it to come through and cost about AUD$40 I think. You got your CO quick! We applied in March and it took 6 weeks! It was easy for us to get a medical booked in Dublin so I'd assume it'd be similar in London. There's a whole department for visa medicals and we had to wait two weeks for a free appointment. They had everyone at the same time though so it was first come first served. Our whole process including waiting as we got moved around was about two hours. If they did it all together it'd be quicker but we had someone in front of us, and each examination was done in different rooms and then we had to wait half an hour for an xray too. Just make sure you book at the panel approved ones on the list on the website :) What are your CO's initials, if you don't mind me asking?

I see, thanks.

I just went back and re-read all the emails just incase I had missing something but that email was back in May. My last proper contact with KC other than sending a new copy of my updated passport.

It sounds like it's all going through nicely and you *should* get the grant within the time frame. Try not to worry (hard I know).

Got email from CO advising me that ready to grant visa and advising me to leave country (We moved out 5 weeks ago) So happy!! As much as I am already in Australia in feels a bit like living in limbo till able to get visa as so much that unable to sort!!

So my visa took exactly 8 months!! Been constantly checking emails for last couple weeks!!

So am going to Bali for a few days on Monday!! :-)

Got email from CO advising me that ready to grant visa and advising me to leave country (We moved out 5 weeks ago) So happy!! As much as I am already in Australia in feels a bit like living in limbo till able to get visa as so much that unable to sort!!

So my visa took exactly 8 months!! Been constantly checking emails for last couple weeks!!

Congrats

Hi jayney how long did they give u to leave the country? Congrats on visa!!

Hi Louise, I lodged my partner visa at the same time as you so I'm hoping a CO gets assigned to me soon haha! x

If CO's are no longer giving direct contact email addresses there may well be a reason for it.

I'd personally be careful giving out CO emails. Tbh there is usually no need to contact them once application is lodged. If they require anything they contact the applicant. Otherwise it's the waiting game. They don't bother you unless they have to.

Of course there may be instances to want to contact a CO but you could always email the general contact with your reference number and ask whatever it is. Or call the London office. Most of the time it's non urgent things being enquired after. In a true emergency a phone call would probably be better anyway.

Congratulations! :)

Would you mind if I asked a few questions about moving to Australia before the visa came through? We are looking at doing that in October which would be about the 7 month mark for us. Did you have any issues arriving on a tourist visa? Did you have a one way ticket or a return? And what did you put on your landing card? We were told booking a return ticket would mean no questions asked upon arrival but is it play to just book a one way ? Thanks. :) enjoy your trip to Bali! :)

Congratulations! :)

Would you mind if I asked a few questions about moving to Australia before the visa came through? We are looking at doing that in October which would be about the 7 month mark for us. Did you have any issues arriving on a tourist visa? Did you have a one way ticket or a return? And what did you put on your landing card? We were told booking a return ticket would mean no questions asked upon arrival but is it play to just book a one way ? Thanks. :) enjoy your trip to Bali! :)

Hi Lauren, I'll give you my experience. I'm in Brisbane on a 3 month tourist visa. I've been informed by my case officer that I can go offshore at the end of the month and the visa will be granted.

I flew last Friday on a one way ticket. I was worried that I would be pulled up at immigration. I put down 3 months on the card for my stay. However, I wan't asked anything, I gave my card over and they said go to the exit to my left.

Hope that helps. I suppose everyone might have a different experience.

Kind Regards

Mark

Hi Lauren, I'll give you my experience. I'm in Brisbane on a 3 month tourist visa. I've been informed by my case officer that I can go offshore at the end of the month and the visa will be granted.

I flew last Friday on a one way ticket. I was worried that I would be pulled up at immigration. I put down 3 months on the card for my stay. However, I wan't asked anything, I gave my card over and they said go to the exit to my left.

Hope that helps. I suppose everyone might have a different experience.

Kind Regards

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks so much for replying, that really helped take some of the worry away from going over on a one way ticket. Good luck with everything :)

Lauren

Just popping in to say Hi!

Have applied online for a PMV (300) via the London office.

Currently uploading evidence and settling in for the wait...

How do you get advised once a CO is allocated - email or just check my IMMIAccount?

And how long is London currently taking to allocate a CO?

Thanks.

Hey MT when are you moving to Perth?

Still trying to sell the house @Lozza but I will let you know when I've sold it and flights booked! Where are you right now? UK or moved back over yet? I've been looking around Kelmscott, seems quite nice in that area? What do you think? Rural yet near to CBD and drive to beaches but also got the wildlife etc., locally.

I know the answer... But is there a remote chance that visas can be sent through on a weekend- it is only working days right? I have an obsession with checking my emails CONSTANTLY!!! I'm 6 days away from the 8 month mark!!

Just popping in to say Hi!

Have applied online for a PMV (300) via the London office.

Currently uploading evidence and settling in for the wait...

How do you get advised once a CO is allocated - email or just check my IMMIAccount?

And how long is London currently taking to allocate a CO?

Thanks.

Hello :)

CO may be assigned within a week or two, maybe six. Don't worry though, the countdown clock is ticking from when your application was lodged, not from when you hear from your CO.

They email generally. Well, that is if that is your preferred method of contact. Ensure you check your junk folder in case.

I know the answer... But is there a remote chance that visas can be sent through on a weekend- it is only working days right? I have an obsession with checking my emails CONSTANTLY!!! I'm 6 days away from the 8 month mark!!

They don't work weekends that I am aware of. Weekdays are their listed days. I'd give yourself a break from 5pm Friday to 9am Monday morning ;)