SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Well since the onshore partner visa thread has died a death i'm gonna start posting on this one...

I was wondering why I hadn't heard anything back when they had taken payment on the 8th, so I marched down to the immi office in Cairns, she took my passport and checked on the computer and said they had sent an email to me on the 10th, I said i hadn't got an email and i've checked my junk folder too, turns out they missed out one fricken letter in my email address so it's gone to somewhere else or lost in cyber space some where. She printed off the email that was sent to me and told me to email immi so they have my real email address. So my application was formally lodged on the 8th, and once my tourist visa expires i'll be on bridging visa A. Relieeeef!

Awwww BritChickx the exact same thing happened to me early in the process!! went a whole month before I plucked up the courage to ring....and they where like did you not get our email we sent?! haha

Glad it's sorted now and you'll be on a bridging visa soon..what a relief!

I'm an idiot....I sent an email with my passport number and the client ID of my bridging visa rather than the application ID number...It'll still get to my CO right? lol.

Re send to be safe with correct info I reckon.

And post away in this thread BC :) it's all partner visas at the end of the day.

And woo, it's lodged, you just need to do the old sit and wait now :) good you can work also.

Email resent... yeah i'm looking forward to being able to job hunt next month. Even though I have no money to buy any interview clothes...

I hope they don't request to do my medical before Paul gets back because I don't have the money until then! Also, the email said the processing times were 9-12 months...

The only restriction I have is no travel which I knew anyway.

Email resent... yeah i'm looking forward to being able to job hunt next month. Even though I have no money to buy any interview clothes...

I hope they don't request to do my medical before Paul gets back because I don't have the money until then! Also, the email said the processing times were 9-12 months...

The only restriction I have is no travel which I knew anyway.

Ah sounds like the processing time has dropped a bit which is good news for you.

Don't worry overly about the medical. Chances are you won't get asked too quickly. And they should give you a bit of notice.

I have no idea as yet as long as it before 17 March it fine, hopefully get it sorted asap, my agent needs at least a weeks notice so it will prob be in 2/3 weeks..... dunno where I will be going yet tho what about you? When are you thinking?

HHello sorry if nosey but was there a reason before 17th March? Is there a time limit which they said you had to be offshore by or your IED? you can tell I'm worried about timings right? Ha ha!

HHello sorry if nosey but was there a reason before 17th March? Is there a time limit which they said you had to be offshore by or your IED? you can tell I'm worried about timings right? Ha ha!

Not being nosey at all hun, im over in Oz on a 6 month tourist visa, it runs out on 17 March, if I didn't get my visa grant by then I would have to go back to the UK and reapply for another tourist visa. My medical / police check runs out in June, I have to have gone out and come back in by then but coz of the tourist visa I got till the 17 March, hope that makes sense and I explained it right lol xx

Not being nosey at all hun, im over in Oz on a 6 month tourist visa, it runs out on 17 March, if I didn't get my visa grant by then I would have to go back to the UK and reapply for another tourist visa. My medical / police check runs out in June, I have to have gone out and come back in by then but coz of the tourist visa I got till the 17 March, hope that makes sense and I explained it right lol xx

Understand completely! My tourist visa expires 8th April and PCC 14th April so similarly time is of the essence. Hoping my straight forward application processed within the time frame! Arghhh

Understand completely! My tourist visa expires 8th April and PCC 14th April so similarly time is of the essence. Hoping my straight forward application processed within the time frame! Arghhh

I am sure you will be fine, I went with an agent so couldn't contact my CO direct, I have seen on here that many people do give a small nudge or at least drop an email so they remember you, it may be an idea to do that. There still a few months to go, I am sure it will all come together in time, I wish you the very best of luck

I am sure you will be fine, I went with an agent so couldn't contact my CO direct, I have seen on here that many people do give a small nudge or at least drop an email so they remember you, it may be an idea to do that. There still a few months to go, I am sure it will all come together in time, I wish you the very best of luck

Thanks my love, already asked her last week while I was visiting a mate in NZ so don't think she'd take too kindly to be pestered again! Will sit tight and pray to the gods!

Hi everyone. I've been lurking on this thread for a few weeks and have decided to sign up now. *waves* :-) Really heartening to read all your success stories!

I live in London and married my Australian partner in November 2013. Sent off my partner migration visa on 3rd December. After some nudging, all I have heard so far is that the application has arrived but hasn't been logged, and I haven't been assigned a case officer yet.

Is it normal to be waiting this long to get a case officer? As far as I could see from other folks here, you got a CO quite quickly. I've been waiting over 6 weeks now.

Hi everyone. I've been lurking on this thread for a few weeks and have decided to sign up now. *waves* :-) Really heartening to read all your success stories!

I live in London and married my Australian partner in November 2013. Sent off my partner migration visa on 3rd December. After some nudging, all I have heard so far is that the application has arrived but hasn't been logged, and I haven't been assigned a case officer yet.

Is it normal to be waiting this long to get a case officer? As far as I could see from other folks here, you got a CO quite quickly. I've been waiting over 6 weeks now.

Hello and welcome :)

Has the application fee been taken? If money has been taken and application is lodged, I'd say don't worry overly. You are in the system, the queue, the clock is already ticking in processing terms.

I've read of others applied back them and are still awaiting CO. Think the Christmas shutdown has slowed them up.

Hello everybody,

Good news for me today. I was granted my visa and went straight to the SC-100 permanent residency. Woo hoo! I'm so excited! It's been such a long, exhausting and frustrating journey, i thought this day would never come.

Now we can actually make plans for a future with some certainty. There will be more grants for the May / June people still waiting,,, I can feel it in my bones hehe.

Jonno xx :notworthy:

Hello everybody,

Good news for me today. I was granted my visa and went straight to the SC-100 permanent residency. Woo hoo! I'm so excited! It's been such a long, exhausting and frustrating journey, i thought this day would never come.

Now we can actually make plans for a future with some certainty. There will be more grants for the May / June people still waiting,,, I can feel it in my bones hehe.

Jonno xx :notworthy:

aww that's FAB pcbh 86!!! I better you are sooo relieved...it's such a massive weight lifted when it comes through!!

I totally agree think we are going to see some more May/Early June grants this next couple of weeks! your next BizLarker :-)

aww that's FAB pcbh 86!!! I better you are sooo relieved...it's such a massive weight lifted when it comes through!!

I totally agree think we are going to see some more May/Early June grants this next couple of weeks! your next BizLarker :-)

I blooming well hope so! Enjoy your trips offshore to all here! Let us know if you stumble across a bargain!

Hi all,

I got that magic email last night! Very exciting! Thank you to everyone for their support and inspiration during the waiting period :) Now off to book my tickets and get offshore :D

Good news, when did you apply? My application was received mid June 2013 and I fly to oz 5th of feb, hopin it comes through before then, Savin goin over seas to nz

Andy