SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Flying out today. Have everything packed and the shipping company are collecting my remaining items. (still havent sold my car as have needed it to run around and say the goodbyes and go shopping etc but sticking it on ebay today and giving my dad the keys to hand over). I have a huge mixture of excitement and regret, since my OH went in April I have been able to spend most of my time with my friends. I have really enjoyed this time and I will miss them dearly. The hardest thing was saying goodbye to my 90 year old Nan as i know that was the last time i ever see her, which was horrendous as she was there throughout my childhood. However i am missing my OH soo much and cant wait to see her. She is picking me up from Sydney at 5:55am on Friday morning so both looking tired and rough but it will be worth it. My journey I started on nearly two years ago has now moved into the next huge stage. Just wanted to say good luck to everyone and i will keep you all updated on the process.

Guest Bamber

Any day for me! I applied at the beginning of March & was quoted 5 to 6 months. We're leaving the UK on 10 September, backpacking for 2 months before we arrive in Brisbane on 13 November.

Good luck everyone!

Flying out today. The hardest thing was saying goodbye to my 90 year old Nan as i know that was the last time i ever see her, which was horrendous as she was there throughout my childhood. However i am missing my OH soo much and cant wait to see her..

All the very best with your move - i'm sure it will be a great one for you and glad you are excited!

i am caught in the aged grandparent issue as well. My gran is 94 & hasn't been too well this year.

I am also particularly close to her and although she has many grandchildren ( one of whom also emigrated to Oz with his family ), i am dreading telling her that me & my partner are leaving before Christmas but i need to get on with it. I'm such a wimp. would be interested to know how you broached the subject. Though there really isnt an easy way is there. I know she will say the best of luck etc but it's heartbreaking and i feel very selfish / disloyal / guilty, mix of emotions.

Edited by jimmyay1

I can confirm that I have now received my subclass 100 visa! CO (AB) assigned 13th Feb 2012, so almost a full 6 months to process.

Now to book the flights and container, sell the house and the car, and to manage all this when we're working, no free weekends and leaving in under 4 weeks... stress much?!! Happy stress though :)

Guest wardie77
I can confirm that I have now received my subclass 100 visa! CO (AB) assigned 13th Feb 2012, so almost a full 6 months to process.

Now to book the flights and container, sell the house and the car, and to manage all this when we're working, no free weekends and leaving in under 4 weeks... stress much?!! Happy stress though :)

Well done Anna - that is fantastic news!!! Good luck with everything that comes with the move!

Whooo hoooo Huge Congratulations!!!

Congratulations Anna and good luck Benson!

We've had an email from MT today confirming that she's received everything and that the visa should be granted between the end of November and end of December, so still on the 5-6 month timeline. Now I'm starting to look at prices for flights, etc to see what we'll be paying. I normally book online myself, but I wonder if for this it would be better going through an agent? We won't be booking yet, but will keep an eye out for specials, etc so we can take advantage if anything comes up for January.

Guest guest72634
Congratulations Anna and good luck Benson!

We've had an email from MT today confirming that she's received everything and that the visa should be granted between the end of November and end of December, so still on the 5-6 month timeline. Now I'm starting to look at prices for flights, etc to see what we'll be paying. I normally book online myself, but I wonder if for this it would be better going through an agent? We won't be booking yet, but will keep an eye out for specials, etc so we can take advantage if anything comes up for January.

How are some people still being told 5-6 months when my CO said 6-8? Don't understand. Hardly fair if some CO's are doing them quicker!

CONGRATULATIONS to you guys getting your visa grants.. and for those still awaiting their August grant i'm sure it will come round quicker than you think. My fingers are crossed for you all and i wish you all good luck.

I wish you all the best in the future and with your big moves :D Oh happy days hey :)

Race ya!!

We submitted at the same time. Have you been asked for your meds and police checks yet

Who is your CO?

Haha!! My CO is DP - who is yours?

Yeah - have been asked for meds and police checks - Already done Aus police check so just submitted UK one on Monday and I have book meds.

BTW - what the hell happens at this medical - she asked if I was going to be on my period?!?! Now I'm worried!!! Sounds pretty full on!!

I actually emailed my CO tonight - we want to fly to Aus early December but my visa won't be through so just checking I can fly in on tourist visa...

Guest jimmyciara121
CONGRATULATIONS........ did you email or ring or did it just arrive?????

Thanks!

We rang last week and spoke to AB who told us it wouldn't be approved until the 6month mark, so it was an incredible surprise to find the email this afternoon!

Guest wardie77
Visa approved today exactly 5 months and 8 days from lodgement :) wahoo!

Huge congrats!! That gives all us with AB as a CO huge hope!

Good luck with the move!

BTW - what the hell happens at this medical - she asked if I was going to be on my period?!?! Now I'm worried!!! Sounds pretty full on!!

I actually emailed my CO tonight - we want to fly to Aus early December but my visa won't be through so just checking I can fly in on tourist visa...

Its just to make sure you definitely aren't preggers before the X-ray - nothing to worry about!!

Congrats to anna and jimmyciara on their visa grants

Thanks!

We rang last week and spoke to AB who told us it wouldn't be approved until the 6month mark, so it was an incredible surprise to find the email this afternoon!

I'm really hoping this happens for us too, we've just been told that it will be the 5/6 month mark so either late August or late September but they will also try and approve it before we fly on the 27th....

That beer is looking like it's going to be on my tab DaveS!

Guest guest72634
Haha!! My CO is DP - who is yours?

Yeah - have been asked for meds and police checks - Already done Aus police check so just submitted UK one on Monday and I have book meds.

Don't worry about the medical. They do urine tests and if they find blood in it then it might be a kidney problem. Thats why they asked you to make sure you weren't on.