SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

I cant wait to get my visa. its soooo annoying. Travelling out next wed 8th and a perfect teachers job has come up but applications need to be in by the 15th August (first job for my subject i have seen remotely close to where we are going to move to whilst looking for 1.5 years). its frustrating as my visa wont be granted before i go (predicted the 20th) and cant register with NSW institute of teachers until i have a visa number. Also if ready to grant have to leave country, so maybe hoping i can have it granted earlier and then apply for the job from NZ. Knowing my luck all be too late. Also i cant enquire about the job as will be on a tourist visa!!!

As you are all such lovely people and not going out til sept at earliest can you all phone up your CO's and tell them to grant mine now! :wink: hahahahahahaha

Darn myself for not applying earlier!!!

Yey - got my visa today!! So pleased, feel like it's really real now!! (lodged end Feb)

Got the 100 which I hoped as we have been married 13 years but you never know!

Perth, here we come, booking flights for Oct, need to get on with clearing the house now!

good luck to everyone waiting...

And for the month of August waiting for visa grants are: *drumroll please*

*Juliedec

*lindor

*Anika

*locky

*DaveS

*Ihigman

*ADam Peterson

*Markb28

*Bens0n

*wardie77

* ME! Shellesparkles!!!

4 more weeks or excitement!

And me!!!!!!! I'm flying 3 weeks today!!!!!!!

Guest wardie77
Lets have a little side bet, just for fun....

DaveS and I submitted on the same day, who will be granted first, me or him? :cool: (We have diff c/o's)

I say you... DaveS CO (AB) seems a little slower on granting... sorry Dave... although I have the same CO as you...

Guest wardie77
You don't understand our special relationship. AB would do anything to get rid of me.

That certainly put a smile on my face Dave! :-) I think he feels that same about me!

Congrats Blankety :) Sorry I missed you off the list!

Did I say sooooooo excited yet????

I'm bettering DaveS, he seems more likely to hound AB in the next few weeks (no offence Dave)

Thanks Shell! No offense taken :D

Shall pester AB on the 10th!

what has happened to Anna333??? Anyone know... she should have got her visa by now.

Hey Wardie,

I just got back from holiday yesterday, hoping for some wonderful post to await my return... alas it was not to be. STILL waiting!! :(

13th Feb AB assigned as CO for those not in the know. Some CO's may be processing March, but not this one.

The plus side is my son got his Australian passport - we only applied for this last Monday. Only 3 weeks till hubby and I stop work, still not booked flights. Hoping to fly Sept, but god knows what price they'll be this last minute!

Hey Wardie,

I just got back from holiday yesterday, hoping for some wonderful post to await my return... alas it was not to be. STILL waiting!! :(

13th Feb AB assigned as CO for those not in the know. Some CO's may be processing March, but not this one.

The plus side is my son got his Australian passport - we only applied for this last Monday. Only 3 weeks till hubby and I stop work, still not booked flights. Hoping to fly Sept, but god knows what price they'll be this last minute!

Hoping you get it soon, if you book through Flight Centre they guarantee to beat the price or you fly for free...obviously lots of research needed first but I found them really useful.

Anna - we booked through IOM - apparently its advertised on your visa grant.

Its a weird service but it works. We are flying London > Sydney with Malaysia for £1085. 2 Adults & a baby.

They also double the baggage allowance.

There is more information about IOM on this forum somewhere...

Dave

I say you... DaveS CO (AB) seems a little slower on granting... sorry Dave... although I have the same CO as you...

I think the more interesting bet would be who gets granted first - me or DaveS... I've emailed AB once (never phoned)... lets see if it pays to pester! ;)

From reading this it seems that you get sent an email as opposed to receiving something in the post?? Do you get a posted letter to confirm or something?

Anna - we booked through IOM - apparently its advertised on your visa grant.

Its a weird service but it works. We are flying London > Sydney with Malaysia for £1085. 2 Adults & a baby.

They also double the baggage allowance.

There is more information about IOM on this forum somewhere...

Dave

We're 2 adults and a baby too so I like the sound of double baggage allowance. Depending if a job comes through for OH we may do 3 weeks touring America on the way. Plan B is stopover in Dubai to visit family and friends... anyone know if Emirates do double baggage allowance?

I think the more interesting bet would be who gets granted first - me or DaveS... I've emailed AB once (never phoned)... lets see if it pays to pester! ;)

From reading this it seems that you get sent an email as opposed to receiving something in the post?? Do you get a posted letter to confirm or something?

Let us know how you get on pestering AB. Fingers crossed you get your visa today

Dave

Guest wardie77

Good luck Anna. I would call him today. You know he has already granted someone who applied after you so if what they say is true then you should have been granted already as they should move through the list in date of application received order...

Let us know, as I am sure you will, how you get on. GOOD LUCK!!!

Guest wardie77
Hey Wardie,

Hi Anna, they don't actually send you anything in the post. You receive an email with your grant number etc... so if he is able to you should get an email today just after your call... :-)

AB just called back, said my permanent visa was going very well and he'd get it finalised on Wednesday! :D

Background for permanent visa... will be married 2 years on Sunday, been together for almost 9 years. Living in UK together for 6 years, bought house together 5 years ago. Baby just over a year ago. Maybe the delay on the visa for me was to be officially married more than 2 years, who knows. All I know is it's flipping great news! :D

AB was lovely to speak to, however I think I could be bias. I'll keep you posted Wednesday!