SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

I posted my application for 309/100 in June (via an agent through my husband's work), also front loaded with police check. I had a letter about a week later, via the agent, confirming receipt and allocation of a CO. This also asked me to go for a medical and gave me the relevant info to organise this. It quoted waiting time of 5-6 months.

Thanks Happyvioley, hopefully we will get a letter any day now (we are in Ireland, so maybe a day or two longer!

I get the feeling this is going to be quite a ride I've just stepped on!

Guest wardie77
11 days and counting since the 5 month mark passed... now I'm beginning to worry. Seems like everyone else is getting there's granted by this stage. You never hear of the ones that don't get it granted. Hope all my paperwork was in order! :S

I am sure you will be fine Anna. AB seems a little slower than other CO's at granting. Just our luck!!!

Fingers crossed it comes through for you any day now.

Guest wardie77
11 days and counting since the 5 month mark passed... now I'm beginning to worry. Seems like everyone else is getting there's granted by this stage. You never hear of the ones that don't get it granted. Hope all my paperwork was in order! :S

I'd drop your CO an email if I where you. No harm giving him a little nudge! :-)

I am sure you will be fine Anna. AB seems a little slower than other CO's at granting. Just our luck!!!

Fingers crossed it comes through for you any day now.

Fingers crossed AB will be more than happy to get rid of us from his queue though. :-D

Guest wardie77
Fingers crossed AB will be more than happy to get rid of us from his queue though. :-D

I am sure he will... you been hassling him too?? :-)

I am sure he will... you been hassling him too?? :-)

40 odd times since I applied. To be fair at least half of those were remotely necessary.

I am trying to resist pestering until the 19th of August when I will give it another shot.

Just found this thread. Almost every one visiting it has applied for spouse visa.

Kindly check and reply to my related query.

Actually, I just want to know that what do DIAC means by proof of resident sponsoring spouse has to provide with 309 application?

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/157620-proof-residence-spouse-visa.html

Basiclly it is to show that your spouse "normally resides" in Australia.

I guess as well as them having to prove they are Australian, they must provide evidence of links i.e family there who can vouch for them if required, employment details from an Australian Company, tax records to the Australian Government, Tax records to the UK government showing overseas residency status, home address in Australia etc, if not living there now, proof of when they did live there, and for how long.

Sounds like quite a bit but if your better half has lived out of Oz for a few years (but not all their life!) there shouldn't be a problem .

I expect if your partner was born in Oz but has never really spent any time living there, it could be hard to prove they "normally" reside there.

Guest Samantha22

We got the visa!!! Was granted yesterday afternoon so 5 months and three days :) leaving for Thailand Thursday then off to aus on the 6 th of August!!! Good luck to everyone else who applied in feb must be your time soon!!!

Guest wardie77
We got the visa!!! Was granted yesterday afternoon so 5 months and three days :) leaving for Thailand Thursday then off to aus on the 6 th of August!!! Good luck to everyone else who applied in feb must be your time soon!!!

Congrats Samantha! That is great news and just in time for your flight!!! Well done!!!

Enjoy Thailand and good luck in OZ.

Guest wardie77
40 odd times since I applied. To be fair at least half of those were remotely necessary.

I am trying to resist pestering until the 19th of August when I will give it another shot.

I haven't been that bad!!! :-)

I think it has been 15 emails, no calls as yet but I will be putting in my first call on the 26th August at the 5 month mark.

Eek! Came home to an email assigning me JC, and asking for a few more bits of info, including evidence of my relationship between 2010 and 2011, which is odd as we have been married since 1996!:biggrin: Apart from that no surprises, except that they are now quoting 6 to 8 months, which is annoying as we want to get out there Jan or Feb! Oh well, maybe it won't take so long, and if it does, it does!

God, it's all starting to seem very bloody real I wanted to lose more weight before my medical, but would delaying the medical hold things up? Does anyone know? HELP! Anyone else got JC?

Guest pinkgibbon

Congratulations Samantha.

Glastocat - I got told 6-8 from VF the other day after been told 5-6 up until now. It all seems such a long time to wait.

Nooooooooooooo.........gutted to read this!!

Does anyone know what happens when this is the case when your visa is due to be granted. Does another CO takeover?

Good luck to everyone waiting.

Oh no that sucks! LG told me to contact AB if i had any urgent queries. So i assume AB is covering LG while on holidays. So hopefully it'll still go through on time.

Guest MrsWooky
Can someone please tell me where the spreadsheet is off everyone's processing times? I suppose I should add myself to it.:smile:

Here is it - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aopvk3Y5mD7HdGp5V2hESFluN3V0QWNBTDg2TWJoLVE#gid=0 - I don't know how to amend/add but you might be able to work it out - I think DaveS put instructions somewhere else along the thread.

Oh no that sucks! LG told me to contact AB if i had any urgent queries. So i assume AB is covering LG while on holidays. So hopefully it'll still go through on time.

Thanks for this. I hope so too!

Wishing everyone speedy visas.

Hey huge congratulations. Safe trip and happy new beginnings.

Guest wardie77
Just a quick question as looking through 585 pages is a bit daunting! How long would you say, roughly, it takes from applying for a spouse visa to being granted one? I'm English, soon-to-be-wife is Aus, we both live in UK. Thanks

Welcome to PIO James. The current waiting times for new applicants seem to be 6-8 months from some other posters on here. I applied in March and my CO keeps confirming 5-6 months. The DIAC website also states 5-6 months as current processing times, although subject to change.

Good luck with your application and all I can say is get it in as soon as you can!

I was worried about processing times possibly increasing so I sent off a quick email to check - I was advised today that current waiting times are still 5-6 months. It sounds like they might be changing in the near future though, but hopefully if we've already sent our applications off that shouldn't affect us too much and lets hope the 6-8 months is an overestimation just so they're on the 'safe side' anyway. I worry far too much!

Here's crossing fingers.

James- it could take you a while to fill in all the paper work and collect documentation, so I'd start looking into it as soon as possible. It took me and my fiance 2 months to gather all the paper work which has delayed us being together for that time! After it's sent off, as I've stated above at the moment it looks like 5-6 months/

Edited by LauraF