SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest Chantel
Woohoo!!!

Application sent 7th Feb

Co assigned 16th Feb

Medical done 23rd Feb

Granted 16th July

Five months from when the Co was assigned to the Day! So happy! I'd go tomorrow, but alas we have to wait until October!

We had SV, good luck to everyone else!

You must be stoked! Congrats, well done! :biggrin:

Woohoo!!!

Application sent 7th Feb

Co assigned 16th Feb

Medical done 23rd Feb

Granted 16th July

Five months from when the Co was assigned to the Day! So happy! I'd go tomorrow, but alas we have to wait until October!

We had SV, good luck to everyone else!

Awsome news, that's a weight lifted I bet, all the best for your return home

With the partner visa application, we have got loads of support letters/statements about our relationship from family and friends, but do they HAVE to be certified by a solicitor?

Also...

How do we pay by debit card? the form says credit cards only for postal applications?

They will only have to be certified/witnessedif they filled in the stat dec form and they are in Aus. If they do a statement over here then they can just write it, it's only a stat dec if done in Aus.

As for the payment if you are paying by visa debit it will be ok, just fill the form in as normal.

Edited by wakeboard1980

Guest Chantel
They will only have to be certified/witnessedif they filled in the stat dec form and they are in Aus. If they do a statement over here then they can just write it, it's only a stat dec if done in Aus.

As for the payment if you are paying by visa debit it will be ok, just fill the form in as normal.

thanks, :wubclub: that was niggling me

I have VF and she has been great so far. Very helpful. Always answers emails quickly and my fiancé has had to phone her twice and he says she is very nice on the phone. Helps as much as she can but never gives too much away. Perhaps SV is away and you are getting an automated response!

Hi K17, i would love to think that was the case but its not a automated response, unfortunately :( Oh well looks like you have a good one :)

I just replied to her to see if she could give any reason why and explained that we were anxious to get the visa before booking flights etc and that we wanted to leave end Sep. She replied to say we can go ahead and book flights, if I give her the dates, she will make sure my visa is granted on time.

So kind of a good response, at least we know it will be approved, but still going to take a lot longer than expected, especially as everyone seems to be on track for 5 months at the mo, however, someone on here did mention that LG was off on annual leave soon, so maybe that pushes her case load back by a couple of weeks?

Still it makes me feel sketchy as we wanted to have the visa before ending contracts and booking flights, but I guess we will just have to bite the bullet and take the risk!

Hi TheGrahams, i read your post and decided to do the same thing, she had previously told us nothing else was needed and the meds and police checks were fine, that my partner's application will be ready to be finalised in November/December, this was great news but still left a niggling doubt as to whether that was a 100% yes. This was our reason for sending a further email, basically stating our prospective travel dates and wanting to know if we can book the flights or not and she told us to go ahead and book the flights and she will make sure the visa is granted by then :D What a great day this has been, there is our answer as to whether it is a 100% yes or not. Whoooo, next we need to start selling everything :) Then buy the suitcases lol, we will be booking our flights tomorrow for January, then will be updating LG so she knows when we need to leave by, we are very happy with her responses, so fast and efficient too. That always helps i suppose. Good luck with the rest of your wait, have fun booking flights and all the rest :) All grants lately seem to be within 5 months processing time, BRILLIANT STUFF.

Edited by SarahRob198
TYPO ERROR

Guest aoifek

Hi all, (first post)

We have applied for our 309/100 visa early May, was assigned MC as C/O on 14th May and requested Medicals and Police Clearance. We had our Medicals on 28th of May and posted our Police Clearance forms to AFP in early May which were still awaiting due to their delays..

When we finally get our police clearance submitted, is it common practice for them to give pre-grant notification of a sucessful visa grant, or should we ask them? Dont want to come accross as being pushy.. :-/

Went on a limb and booked our flights. Had little joy from the travel agents who were much more expensive that Qantas. Was very happy with the £1002 return flight leaving Oct, 2 weeks holiday in Thailand, returning 18 June next year via 5 days in HK. If you are looking for flights with stopovers, the Qantas site is very flexible for online booking, use http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airlines/multi-city-flight-search/global/en.

• My original estimate from SV was mid August, hopefully will be granted in Aug, but Sep would be OK. I've sent her an email asking if this is realistic now, I put the application in on 21 March.
  • I've handed in my notice, it's three months for me so I had to do it
  • My partner has just finished work and being typically Australian is now on a tour of Africa coming back early Aug
  • Our cat has been arranged though Petair and will be entering quarantine
  • Now need to sort out the flat for rental and start getting rid of stuff
  • Will be staying in Bondi with a friend upon arrival so that problem is sorted

I always thought that after a final awesome summer in London I would be very torn to leave - the Summer we've had is making it a hell of a lot easier. Good to see some people being put out of their misery after a barren spell of visa grants :twitcy:

Does the same apply to certified copies of birth certificates etc? do they need to be witnessed?

Applying whilst resident in England.

My application was received on 13th Feb 2012 and was told by AB, London that I'd have a response in 5-6 months. I just hope that it is my lucky Friday 13th this week! Can't wait to get the visa so we can book flights and finally feel like we're moving continents in 2 months!

no joy yet Anna?

Guest nimhug

Just got my visa! Exactly 5 months and 1 day from when payment was taken.

Absolutely elated! Saying.g goodbye to ohs family as I read the email on my phone! Went from tears to screams! Ha ha!

Woooooooohoooooo!

Guest wardie77
Just got my visa! Exactly 5 months and 1 day from when payment was taken.

Absolutely elated! Saying.g goodbye to ohs family as I read the email on my phone! Went from tears to screams! Ha ha!

Woooooooohoooooo!

YAY!!!! Well done guys that is fantastic news!!! Good luck with the move! Hopefully us March applicants won't be too far behind you...

Wow, congrats to everyone for getting their visas approved!

Can't believe how quick the last months went, only two more months until I should get my visa ;-)

I resigned from work last week (have a three months notice period) and our things will be collected and shipped in two weeks.

3 months and 3 days until I fly out!!!!