SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Please please please don't take what your co says as gospel until you get the approval email. We did, cost us a lot of $, luckily we got our visa after we appealed about having to wait past the date we were originally given.

We were told mid april by our agent, we've waited 7 weeks past our originally confirmed date. Our flight isn't for another month yet so if it's still isn't here by then, we would have waited a total of 11 weeks !

Guest wardie77
i was told yesterday to expect my visa by the end of the next working week (8th june ). about bloody time, we lodged on 21st december !

Fingers crossed for you Harvey!

Thank you, I've heard good things about the bay, just unemployment seems to be the downside from everyone i've spoken to. we will obviously fly into Brisbane and probably have to stay with my partners sister who lives in Scarbrough for a bit while my partner finds work, do you think he'd have more luck looking in marybrough? neither of us have ever been to hervey bay, my partner is from tenterfield NSW and when i spent my time in oz i went against the grain and travelled the west coast and northern territory so really don't know the east coast. my partner has however spent an obscene amount of time on google maps and google pages and has fallen in love with hervey bay, he knows his way around the majority of it by learning the maps. lol. i can't wait to get over there! just pray he can find work and a place to rent, just wanna live as a family :)

also....we have the same case officer...have you had much contact? is she helpful?

Yeah I know what you mean about living as a family, we feel like we are just existing here and cannot wait to get home to start living again!!! Regarding Maryborough, I am not too sure about employment but at least it is another option to look at, we will be doing the same. The commute is about 35 km's, many people live in Hervey Bay and work in Maryborough and vice versa. I studied in Maryborough whilst living in the Bay and I did the commute mon - fri for 2 years no problem at all. My hubby is a Firearms Police Officer :policeman: attached to the Diplomatic Protection Group and I think he will struggle to find work in Hervey Bay LOL. He may have to retrain in Brisbane at the QLD Police Academy and graduate as a new recruit, which could be an option but not sure yet if he really wants to go through all the retraining. He might have to look at work in the private sector, maybe some type of security role, but may have to have a complete career

change. It's really difficult to figure it out, so we are focusing on getting to Oz and then look at options once we are there. Aaahhhh Scarborough another nice part of the world, I lived there for a few years know it well, I am sure you will also enjoy it too, still love Hervey Bay though. Sorry I was not more helpful re work, but hopefully your partner will find something, it's just the unknown and not having the security of a job that's a bit scary. Our case worker LG has been great very efficient through the whole process, we only emailed her once re a possible visa grant date, and stated that we were liasing with The QLD Police Academy and needed to know if hubby would be granted perm or temp as he could only apply work in a government body if he was a permanent visa holder, she replied via email immediately stating he would be granted his subclass 100 in July. Anyway good luck hopefully everything will fall into place eventually, that's what we are hoping for.

Hey everyone! Haven't been online for a while and had to catch up with all your posts.

@DaveS: Thanks for the spreadsheet, it's really helpful!

Hi guys, as I expected, no visa today, maybe tomorrow :S

Really hope you are getting the approval email today Harvey88

I booked our removal with Seven Seas yesterday and paid the deposit but haven't heard from them since. Is that normal?

What's the average waiting time after lodgement for partner visa's to be granted? We emailed an agent to get advice and told them our situation and they said 1-3 months! Wouldn't be complaining if it was that tho!

Between 4-6 months seems to be the average wait at the moment.

So it didn't come then???? Bah!

Hey, nope it's still not here. I phoned my agent on Friday evening and had a pop at him and urged him to call the embassy to find out what's going on as i fly in 3 weeks :(

Guest Chelsea976
That's great Chelsea. Will be really interesting to see how things progress over the next 5-6 months.

My update: I had photos and wedding invites returned the other day along with the receipt for the fee. Medical is booked for next week (Maidenhead).

Hi John,

My hubby has his medical next week in Brentwood, we got our photos etc back on saturday just gone so all seems to be going as it should..once the medical is done Im going to contact our CO to ask if she can give an actualy date or even month as I finish up work in mid september and will need to make a decision to do some temping if its going to drag on til Nov...nothing is straight forward in getting back to oz!!

Guest Bazinga

I reckon after July it might speed up again. Harvey88 - I know you've been waiting ages but it will happen and you're probably going to get it before you fly but if you don't you just go in on a tourist visa. I did and had no dramas.

I can't imagine I will have any issues, but I have a roping job I'm supposed to start a week after arriving. I really can't afford to fly to Bali and back just to initiate my PR

I reckon after July it might speed up again. Harvey88 - I know you've been waiting ages but it will happen and you're probably going to get it before you fly but if you don't you just go in on a tourist visa. I did and had no dramas.

The visa quota year does run from July to June, or it used to. They may have already reached the quota for this year and as you said once July comes there may be a lot getting approved.

I can't imagine I will have any issues, but I have a ROOFING job I'm supposed to start a week after arriving. I really can't afford to fly to Bali and back just to initiate my PR

Woops, spelling mistake there...