SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

I think June's out of the question: our CO has told us the quota for this year has been used up, so no more visas will be approved until July :-(

We applied in December so we were expecting something any day now and this news has really upset us, not to mention thrown off our plans.

So much for 5 - 6 months!

Hi onmywayhome - spouse visa's arent capped like this.

Hi Dave, thanks for this. Are you sure? Our application is for a spouse visa. I'm wondering, could my CO have something wrong (in which case we'll ask again)?

What did your CO say exactly?

Clearly you should take what your CO says more seriously than some random guy on the Internet. Very strange though..........

Strangely I got told that the Partner Visas numbers had reached there limit for 2012, they were not being capped but that the processing time was being delayed and that outstanding visas would take longer than anticipated. This was via my migration officer who had enquired whether my visa could be processed quicker, and this is when my CO relayed the above message to her about 2 weeks ago.:mad:

Guest Bazinga

More than one person (CO) has said this now, there won't be any more granted until end of June/early July. We applied 24th of Jan & got the visa May 21st but only because we appealed. Our CO originally said MAY but then said end of June/July. So don't put me in the spreadsheet as I'll mess up your data.

I'd listen to the time frame given by your case officers... not some of the idol speculation on here by people who believe they have some kind of inside knowledge that they clearly don't.

I applied in January, and I was given a time frame, I am still within that time frame and fully expect to be granted within that timeframe.

Guest Bazinga

Idle dear. Not idol.

I was given a time frame too. Then that time frame changed which is not uncommon but i was not told that at the time.

Edited by Bazinga

I suppose we will find out for sure either way. That is a long period of time for a PIO member to not appear with a grant!

2 people that I remember who are due to be granted before then are Harvey88 & "Oz in Dublin".

I don't think anyone claims to have insider knowledge. People just report what their COs have said.

Absolutely, I have a migration agent who I contact on a regular basis, she is going to re-contact my CO the end of June to check if I am still on for the date the CO gave me originally, but has warned me that this date has shifted backwards. Fact not Fiction !

Guest muffinbuns

So, we are STILL waiting for my partner's visa. Applied in early December and our date has also been pushed back to July. So frustrating to be apart and waiting for months on end to this :( really wishing it would just be granted. *sigh*

Guest charleysmum74
@Bazinga End of September fits with recent grants

@CharleysMum74 Cleaning the camping gear has peaked my interest! We aren't shipping much - so have ended up using Seven Seas with a few tea chests. We are shipping a bike though - I guess I should clean it up with the same stuff you have used? Good luck with the visa ;)

Hey there,

Yes, you will need to clean your bike with Jeyes fluid. Also walking boots etc if you have them. This weekend will be spent cleaning bikes!

Happy cleaning!

C :)

So, we are STILL waiting for my partner's visa. Applied in early December and our date has also been pushed back to July. So frustrating to be apart and waiting for months on end to this :( really wishing it would just be granted. *sigh*

Morning Muffinbuns! Sorry to hear you are apart from your partner.

What date did you apply?

Guest charleysmum74

How come your visa has been pushed back so far? Are you waiting for spouse visa too? Eek!

Guest charleysmum74
If any of you are interested I thought it might be nice to collate dates from the forum...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aopvk3Y5mD7HdGp5V2hESFluN3V0QWNBTDg2TWJoLVE

Feel free to add/remove/amend your details from the spreadsheet I made it world editable.

Dave

Looking for something to do while you are waiting for your visa to come through? Lol!! ;)

Guest charleysmum74
Thanks guys! I've never used forums before but I have to say they are really good if this one is anything to go by. I got an email today requesting I go for a medical exam! I'm really excited now, but I have to remember its still going to take ages! lol.

Congratultions Bazinga on getting your visa, bet youre mega happy!!! :)

I must say i'm really tempted to go out 3 months early. Currently me ad my aussie partner are in the UK but living seperately, we have a 5 month old son who lives with me. We are both living in tiny rooms in shared houses so we want to get over to Oz ASAP so we can live as a family. I wouldn't want to work yet as i'd like to stay at home with baby until he's a bit older. So i'm thinking going over earlier would be fine. it also means we could be sorted ready for xmas, whereas if we wait it'll be end of November when the visa is granted. I can't wait!! Where is everyone looking to move to? We are looking at Hervey Bay.

Do it x

Hey there,

Yes, you will need to clean your bike with Jeyes fluid. Also walking boots etc if you have them. This weekend will be spent cleaning bikes!

Happy cleaning!

C :)

Would this work for Horseriding boots as well? If so, where can you buy it?

Hi,

Haven't been on this thread for a while, so I need to catch up a bit with what's been happening! I'm a March applicant too on the PMV. Starting to get a little worried as I have a wedding to organise (14th October)!

Also I'm concerned about when my kids will be starting school. They'll be finishing here around the 20th July. If we don't get our visa in mid August or even later, by the time we get out there, will it be worth enroling them in a new school - bearing in mind that the Victoria school term ends on the 21st sept??

I want to give my boys time to settle in and adjust to their new surroundings, so they may only be ready for school at beginning of the following term - 10th Oct. A lovely long holiday for them....but more stress for me!

I hate this waiting......

Guest MrsWooky

I just thought I'd update our situation. Assigned LG who requested further information and requested medical. Med exam on 17th May and now confirmed all ok and no further information required (yay!) but that I won't hear anything further until visa finalised (boo). I have requested further information from LG and she has confirmed that I am being assessed for a subclass 100 (once again yay!) and that we can push our entry date back by obtaining a further police certificate. CO has been brilliant and responded to queries by return and been forthcoming with information requested and providing us with some much needed reassurance.

We are very lucky that we are not planning to move over until next May and that we are living together in this country - no kids to worry about, no shipping, no urgency, no separation - we really couldn't do the separation thing and really feel for those of you who have to go through that. There is still anxiety of waiting to see whether you will actually be granted the visa when the time comes but I keep telling myself not to think about it!

With regard to the capping - it clearly states on the DIAC website that spouse visas are NOT subject to capping so it's not random information. However, I have spent hours trawling through the previous posts on this thread (as, I am sure, a lot of you have!), and it seems that every June there are issues about the annual number of visa grants - reasons given include change in rules, procedures, guidelines but I can't work out why this would affect spouse visas but it clearly does for reasons probably only know to the Australian High Commission. Let's hope this means that come the 1st July there will be a flurry of visa grants and hopefully those of you who have been waiting for months and months will finally get the green light.

Good luck everyone!

Really hope there's not much of a delay as my husband and I have planned a commitment ceremony in Brisbane for the end of November for all the people that couldn't come to our wedding over here last year (and also a chance for us to have a proper wedding reception). Also my husbands visa expires at the beginning of Feb next year so ideally I would like everything to go to plan and for my visa to be finalised in mid-August like my CO has said it will :-)

Guest wardie77

Flights booked today! Land into Australia on the 15th September 2012!!! Feels like it is real now!

Told my CO our dates so fingers crossed he feels compelled to grant before we land.