SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest wardie77

Hi All,

Quick update.

Application sent: 23/03/2012

Application received: 26/03/2012

Money Traken: 26/03/2012

Contacted on 27/03/2012 to ask for Medical and Police check.

My case officer is AB and has been very quick to respond to contact today.

Anyone else have AB at all?

Responses seem to be really quick for everyone lately but the stupid thing is that no matter how quick it is the processing time is stil the same and goes from the date they first get the visa (which is good). They basically tell you uv been approved but you have to wait out the 4/5 months processing time. I'm going back on a tourist visa early, at least they gove u that option.

Good luck!!! Ae u getting married or Defacto?

Guest wardie77
Responses seem to be really quick for everyone lately but the stupid thing is that no matter how quick it is the processing time is stil the same and goes from the date they first get the visa (which is good). They basically tell you uv been approved but you have to wait out the 4/5 months processing time. I'm going back on a tourist visa early, at least they gove u that option.

Good luck!!! Ae u getting married or Defacto?

Hi DR,

We are married so going down that route. Have the medical booked for next week tuesday and police checks sent off today.

So all going well my CO should have everything they need by the end of next week.

The LONG wait begins, hopefully not too long. AB seems really nice and quick to respond. Our application is very straight forward and he hasn't requested any other info and has already sent back all our personal documents which was excellent!

Guest wardie77
Hi All,

Quick update.

Application sent: 23/03/2012

Application received: 26/03/2012

Money Traken: 26/03/2012

Contacted on 27/03/2012 to ask for Medical and Police check.

My case officer is AB and has been very quick to respond to contact today.

Anyone else have AB at all?

Quick update:

30/03/2012 - C/O has confrimed on email today that I am being assessed for a Subclass 100 Permanent Partner Visa.

He is just awaiting my Meds and Police Checks which will be with him next week to continue processing my application.

Quick update:

30/03/2012 - C/O has confrimed on email today that I am being assessed for a Subclass 100 Permanent Partner Visa.

He is just awaiting my Meds and Police Checks which will be with him next week to continue processing my application.

Hi Wardie77 - my CO is AB as well. Debating asking him about which subclass I am being assessed for now after you have said that ;)

But I feel I have pestered him once too often already. Shall have to post him chocolates at end of the process to make up for the number

of emails I require him to send.

Guest wardie77
Hi Wardie77 - my CO is AB as well. Debating asking him about which subclass I am being assessed for now after you have said that ;)

But I feel I have pestered him once too often already. Shall have to post him chocolates at end of the process to make up for the number

Hi DaveS!

It is difficult to know how often to communicate. Perhaps giving you my application data to compare to yours may help and avoid you having to email him again...

We have been together for 5 years, living together for 4 and married in Australia in 2010. We didnt have a prospective marrage visa or anything like that...

Basically, if your evidence clearly shows you have been living together for 3 years or more then you should get the subclass100.

I have made a note not to email AB again until the 3 month mark, just to check in. I have resigned myself after looking at all the other posts that AB generally seems to approve at about 4 months which for me would be the end of July. I have no urgency to know before that as we are only planning t move to Aus at the start of September.

I have taken it that as he is processing me as a subclass 100 candidate then I should be a shoe in to get it... No need to stress about it I figure as there is nothing more to be done...

Hope that helps and feel free to PM me if you need some cheering up!

Guest wardie77

I meant to ask you, can you shed any light on the medical? Did it take long and what was involved? I have mine on Tuesday...

I meant to ask you, can you shed any light on the medical? Did it take long and what was involved? I have mine on Tuesday...

Hi Wardie77

I had my medical in January, it's just a blood test, urine test and a quick check over by the Doc, they also take your blood pressure from what I remember...nothing to worry about! Mine also took the photographs you require, but I'd taken some as well just incase!

Guest jason00

Hi,

Just adding our timeline;

Application sent to Australia house 27th March

No email of receipt yet.

Assuming our bank draft will take a few days to clear, so hoping to get email confirming receipt in the next few days

Guest wardie77

Just had my medical done this morning at Knightsbridge doctors in London. All very easy and such lovely people! Seems like all the boxes are now all ticked! Now the wait really begins!

Just had my medical done this morning at Knightsbridge doctors in London. All very easy and such lovely people! Seems like all the boxes are now all ticked! Now the wait really begins!

Hi Wardie, congrats on the medical. Sorry I didnt update as to what it was like.

I went to the hospital in Edinburgh - and it was great... very quick - much unlike

the NHS.

I am waiting for the police certificate - so I can post that off to my CO -

but then I am done I suppose as well! Please let me know when you get

the visa & I will do the same for you.

I have decided to stop pestering AB - after reading what you said & going

over the rules again I think I am almost certainly 309 and not 100. Which there

is nothing I can do about right now anyway.

Good luck!

Dave

Guest wardie77
Hi Wardie, congrats on the medical. Sorry I didnt update as to what it was like.

I went to the hospital in Edinburgh - and it was great... very quick - much unlike

the NHS.

I am waiting for the police certificate - so I can post that off to my CO -

but then I am done I suppose as well! Please let me know when you get

the visa & I will do the same for you.

I have decided to stop pestering AB - after reading what you said & going

over the rules again I think I am almost certainly 309 and not 100. Which there

is nothing I can do about right now anyway.

Good luck!

Dave

Hi DaveS,

I will keep you updated of any developments and of course I will let you know once the visa comes through.

Good luck to you too!

Guest pinal

Hi Friends,

I would like to share my Application details as bellow.

Spouse visa application (Subclass 309) submitted to Australian embassy (India) : 27/03/2012 with form 40s.

nothing hear anything after that, from immigration department.

small question to all friends

On this thread. Where can i see summary of applications who is waiting for partner visa?

Guest wardie77
Hi Friends,

I would like to share my Application details as bellow.

Spouse visa application (Subclass 309) submitted to Australian embassy (India) : 27/03/2012 with form 40s.

nothing hear anything after that, from immigration department.

small question to all friends

On this thread. Where can i see summary of applications who is waiting for partner visa?

Hi pinal,

I am not too sure if you are going to get much advice on this tread as you are based in India. This thread is for UK based applicants and I am sure waiting times etc are different for each country.

Good luck with your application though.

Posted police certificate today - received it yesterday. Nice and quick!

Confirmed to CO (AB) that its winging its way to him at Australia House. Also used the email as an opportunity to ask which visa category I am being assessed for - 309. :(

Oh well.

Hopefully it wont impact me too much on the job front

Dave

Guest wardie77

Confirmed to CO (AB) that its winging its way to him at Australia House. Also used the email as an opportunity to ask which visa category I am being assessed for - 309. :(

Oh well.

Dave

Good work DaveS!! Nice touch on the email excuse! :-)

Any ideas why it takes up to 12 months if lodging in Oz, but only 3 if in England?!

It is because when you apply onshore the case officer's are also dealing with the skilled, family and humanitarian visa applications - as well as those for partner visas. Australia House in London is only able to deal with partner visas, hence the queue for a CO there is much shorter.

Oh well.

Dave

Yay to police check coming through quickly! Now the wait begins...*stretchs and yawns...bring on the year of summer Whooo hoooo :D

Adding my details for spouse 309 visa app, been together 3 years living together 1.5 years:

Sent special delivery on 21/3 with police check

Payment taken 22/3

Acknowledgement by CO (SV), asking for Medical 22/3

Medical undertaken at Bridge Clinic Maidenhead 2/4

I guess now we wait 4-5 months. Hoping to get the notification that everythings in order soon.

Cheers

Mark

Using a migration agent in London as my husband is already in Oz, they sent off my paperwork to the Australian High Commission on the 21/0212, payment taken that day. Police check done and recieved, medical 3/4/12 done. Been told a 5 month wait, anyone had it earlier ?? Cant wait to get back to my husband, left Oz Feb 2012, 5 months is too long to wait :( miss him so much x