SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest detrrdre

!!!!Urgent Help Needed!!!

Hi, we applied for the offshore partner visa in London. Got CO allocated today, CO is VF. She's looking for evidence of the relationship and I'm quite worried that the proof I have is not enough.

We have a 3 year old child together and are in a committed De-facto relationship for 5 years now, she's only looking for proof of the last 2 years so. I find it realy hard to gather evidence for that timeframe as my partner is in Australia since March 2011 to get permanent residency which he got in January 2012, me and the child were included in the 857 application as secondary applicant but didn't get the visa, as we were not in Australia when the visa was granted, but we couldn't be in Australia, because we had no Visa, pretty confusing so. We were told then to apply for the partner visa which we did straight away.

Things i have so far:

3 years my car insurance with him as name driver on it

two Australian Import Permits for our dogs with me as importer, address is my name, c/o my partners name and his address in Australia

three years of my mobile phone bills

three years of our landline bills which is in my name

Letter of Social Welfare that he claimed it for himself, the child and myself

work agreement with our childminder from 2010 which shows that our landline no is the same

my bank statements for the timeframe he is gone that show that he was sending us money on a regular basis

electricity bills from june 2011 in both our names, changed provider, the electricity bills before that were in his name only

a couple of christmas cards and cards to the birth and christening of our son

a couple of pictures of us together

hopefully i will be able to get flight itinerary of the airline from 2010

I would appreciate any advise.

Thanks.

Guest detrrdre

HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP.

I was just wondering how you send in the proof of relationship. Do you just send in lose papers or would it be better to put it in a folder so its nice and tidy.

Would be great to get some response how you send it.

HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP.

I was just wondering how you send in the proof of relationship. Do you just send in lose papers or would it be better to put it in a folder so its nice and tidy.

Would be great to get some response how you send it.

Don't send it in folders, paper clipped together, stapled together or anything like that. Apparently they don't like it. Just put it all in order, grouping same category items together, like passports and birth certs etc and put it all into one envelope

Hi there

Newbie here. I am British and my partner is Australian... currently living in London and hoping to move over to Melbourne towards the end of this year (depending on processing times, of course!).

Currently in the process of putting our application together. Hoping we have enough stuff....any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

We have been dating since April 2010, a couple since October 2010 and de facto since January 2011.

Current things we have to support our application:

3 x joint leases covering from February 2011 - present

NO UTILITY BILLS (our flatmate dealt with these and we just used to give her the money and in our current house the utilities are included in the rent...hope this wont be a problem!)

3 x stat decs with birth certificates (my best friend in Aus, partner's mum and partner's grandmother)

2 x stat decs without birth certificates

A written statement from my parents who we lived with for 5 months when we first arrived in the UK

2 x statements from myself and my partner outlining how we met, our commitment to one another, etc.

Bank statements from Jan 2011 (our joint account) showing my boyfriend supporting me in Australia when I couldn't work and up until the present date showing both of our pay cheques going into the same account

My own bank statement showing my financial contribution to our relationship in Australia when and where I could (mostly just transferring savings from the UK as I couldn't work in Aus at the time).

Joint travel booking confirmations/tickets to: Bali, New Zealand, London and Paris

Papers showing my partners phone account in my name (as he couldnt set one up when he first arrived in the UK)

My name as a named driver on my partners car insurance

Receipt for flowers my partner sent to me when we were apart for a month between Nov and Dec 2010 (before we moved in together), plus cards and e-mails sent at this time.

Invite sent to us for a wedding we attended in Aus (the groom also wrote a stat dec for us as mentioned above)

Joint postcard sent to us by my mum

Lots and lots of photos! We will probably stick these all on a CD and then print out a selection of around ten that show us with each others family and friends, travelling and looking different (I dyed my hair a few months ago!)

It has taken sooo long to get all this information together.

Is there anything else we could add to that that could further help our application?

Thanks in advance :)

Guest Bazinga

Greeneyes - I wouldn't bother with all the things on the bottom of your list. You don't need them, the other evidence is good enough. They don't actually seem that keen on the personal stuff so cut from the flowers down to the photos. All that stuff will just get sent back.

Greeneyes - I wouldn't bother with all the things on the bottom of your list. You don't need them, the other evidence is good enough. They don't actually seem that keen on the personal stuff so cut from the flowers down to the photos. All that stuff will just get sent back.

I'm actually just going to send copies of those things and not originals. I've read people say some their find it very strange if you don't include photos and I'm sure I've seen a case where photos were requested because they weren't supplied. I think it's more a case of they don't put that much weight on the personal stuff but it's something they can tick off if you provide it. Also one of the suggested items in Booklet 1 to prove the social side of your relationship is joint invitations which is the only reason I was going to supply that. And also you have to show evidence of communication during periods of separation but we don't have access to our old phone bills so the flower receipt was the best I could come up with!

Guest Bazinga

Why ask for advice if you then ignore it? Just be mindful that you already have more than enough evidence. As for evidence showing communication when you've been apart, we have been parted for 5 months yet haven't been asked for firm evidence that we keep in touch. In my statement I mentioned Skype, emails etc but havent been asked for any 'proof'.

Guest michelleracadio

I gave them everything they wanted and more! I'd rather them have too much than not enough. They are so strict. I went as far as screen photos of friends Facebook photos proving they had been added years ago showing hubby and I together. Good luck. Our visa was granted less than 8 weeks after out forms were submitted.

Guest laroo76

Hi all

We lodged our visa in early November, I see some of the Sept lodged visas have been coming through, hoping we will start to see some October/November visas come through soon....

Morning everyone! I sent off our Partner visa Application two weeks ago, we've been contacted and requested to get the medical done, which has been booked for this Thursday, am I right in thinking this is the last step? will the visa be issued soon afterwards or is it still a 5 month wait? I'm just so suprised that the medical has been requested so soon. Mind you our application is very straight forward (been together for 10 years, 2 kids, no previous marriages etc). I guess I'd like to know how long after the medical did the visa come through? thanks muchly!

Guest laroo76
Morning everyone! I sent off our Partner visa Application two weeks ago, we've been contacted and requested to get the medical done, which has been booked for this Thursday, am I right in thinking this is the last step? will the visa be issued soon afterwards or is it still a 5 month wait? I'm just so suprised that the medical has been requested so soon. Mind you our application is very straight forward (been together for 10 years, 2 kids, no previous marriages etc). I guess I'd like to know how long after the medical did the visa come through? thanks muchly!

I think you will still have the same wait as most of us on here, my hubby and I have been together 10.5 years, two kids, no previous marriages etc, same as you and were told 5-6 months too. We have now been waiting nearly 4 months, but alot of the ones on here seem to be coming through in 4ish months, so Im secretly hoping ours wont be far away too,,,

Guest laroo76
then u start the waiting game lol. Applied 1Nov 2 week after medical and police check sent. We have been together 10year 3 kids.

Ill keep my eyes on yours Simmie,, we were the 4th Nov, police sent one week later, meds two weeks... tick tick tick

I gave them everything they wanted and more! I'd rather them have too much than not enough. They are so strict. I went as far as screen photos of friends Facebook photos proving they had been added years ago showing hubby and I together. Good luck. Our visa was granted less than 8 weeks after out forms were submitted.

I am of the same mindset, I'd prefer to have a little more than too little. I won't overdo it but everything I include in our application is stuff actually mentioned in Booklet 1!

Why ask for advice if you then ignore it? Just be mindful that you already have more than enough evidence. As for evidence showing communication when you've been apart, we have been parted for 5 months yet haven't been asked for firm evidence that we keep in touch. In my statement I mentioned Skype, emails etc but havent been asked for any 'proof'.

It's not that I'm ignoring your advice...I'm just surprised that you would suggest to leave things out that are actually given as examples by the government of things you can include to prove you are a couple.