SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest sunseeker77

Yippeeeeee got mine on 16th!!

Sent forms off 8th September, asked for more info on the 14th, sent that in on the 15th October and got the 100 on the 16th December...Not too shabby :)

Down Under here we come!! (yay) Good luck everyone else :)

Yippeeeeee got mine on 16th!!

Sent forms off 8th September, asked for more info on the 14th, sent that in on the 15th October and got the 100 on the 16th December...Not too shabby :)

Down Under here we come!! (yay) Good luck everyone else :)

Wow, another 3.5 month turnaround - well done indeed! Where abouts in Oz are you heading? I hope it all goes swimmingly for you! :biggrin:

Who was your CO by the way?

Well I rang my case officer today, my visa will be granted by the end of January and he will try and make sure it's granted a week before I'm due to fly out. Just given notice on my apartment and now about to book my flights. It's getting real now.

Guest sunseeker77

Hiya again - llessur, my CO was PW, Ive not heard too much about him on this forum but I can't fault him, he was great:)

We are heading to Sydney to start with, but not sure if that is where we will settle for defo, but Im having fun checking out places to rent on the internet :)

Good luck everyone still waiting!!

Guest christinenpete

I haven't been on this thread for ages, it's great to see that the processing times are going down :smile:

Congrats to everyone just getting their visas approved. And keep hanging in there to everyone still waiting or just applying.. it's well worth the wait :wink:

Guest Bazinga

Also not been online for a while, pleased to see the times coming down too. Wish we had applied end of September now too but we were waiting until OH was settled in Oz. Hoping to submit by end of January now. Have a 'mare with evidence etc. Is there a thread for ONSHORE times does anyone know? Have looked but can't see. Finding it very hard being apart with two kids so trying to see what our best options are.

congrats all!

Hi Bazinga, I've also not been on this thread recently.

Onshore times vary a lot, but I visited DIAC recently (needed statement of travel) and the guy who helped me said that the main reason onshore times vary so much is because there is a huge variation in the quality of evidence that people provide. (Apparently some people just send in the form, no evidence...)

Good luck with it all, hope you get everything sorted out soon!

Also not been online for a while, pleased to see the times coming down too. Wish we had applied end of September now too but we were waiting until OH was settled in Oz. Hoping to submit by end of January now. Have a 'mare with evidence etc. Is there a thread for ONSHORE times does anyone know? Have looked but can't see. Finding it very hard being apart with two kids so trying to see what our best options are.

congrats all!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Clare Lockhart Gough

Hi i used an agent who sent everything off on 5th of may 2011 (all Forms and requirements) it was received by AHC on the 12th May 2011 i was told it could be up to a 6 month wait. By Dec 2011 we still had not heard anything.

On the 11th of Jan 2012 my husband called the AHC (he lives in Oz i live in England) to find out the progress of our application a lovely lady looked into it for us and told us unfortunately there had been a mass flood of applications and that there was a backlogg of up to 6 months and that if we had not heard anything by May 2012 then to call her back. So we are still waiting :animal-frog: x

Hi Claire,

that's unfortunate, and it doesn't sound consistent with what everyone else is saying - I would call back and chase up, what does your email from your CO say in terms of timescale?

If you applied through London, I understand that current timescale is something like 4 or 5 months (alhtough some of these guys seem to be getting them quicker than that). It is if you apply onshore that the timescales are closer to a year.

Good luck with whatever you can find out, that really doesn't sound right to me and I would chase it up if I were you.

take care

Wellieboots & mtlboi are right, this does sound a bit strange. We submitted our application at Aus House in September and it was approved just before Christmas. I would have thought a 6 month backlog would only affect people who had only just sent their applications in, not those that had already been sitting there for 7 months.

Hi i used an agent who sent everything off on 5th of may 2011 (all Forms and requirements) it was received by AHC on the 12th May 2011 i was told it could be up to a 6 month wait. By Dec 2011 we still had not heard anything.

On the 11th of Jan 2012 my husband called the AHC (he lives in Oz i live in England) to find out the progress of our application a lovely lady looked into it for us and told us unfortunately there had been a mass flood of applications and that there was a backlogg of up to 6 months and that if we had not heard anything by May 2012 then to call her back. So we are still waiting :animal-frog: x

This sounds like absolute rubbish. What has your agent been doing about it?

@wellieboots

The Information my husband and i received on the 11th of Jan this year was direct from the Australian Immigration people, my CO had sent emails to them and they got the same reply??? Ive applied from England not from Australia. Im starting to get a bit angry after reading a lot of this because i dont understand it myself? Any suggestions ?

Can you ask your migration agent for proof that they actually submitted your application to Australia House in May 2011. From the timeframes you have given it sounds suspiciously like they didn't receive it until January 2012 - the advice of a 6 month wait from that point sounds about right.

Could it be possible they failed to submit it in time or perhaps submitted it incorrectly the first time round?

I would have a fairly blunt conversation with your migration agent to find out exactly what's happened...

Sent from my HD2 using Tapatalk

Something doesn't add up here - your medicals / police certificate will expire before your visa is granted. Also, the AHC wouldn't be prepared to speak to your husband - the privacy act would prevent them. Also, when you submitted your application in London why would your husband be the one to contact them from Australia.

Guest GeorgeD

The Information my husband and i received on the 11th of Jan this year was direct from the Australian Immigration people, my CO had sent emails to them and they got the same reply??? Ive applied from England not from Australia. Im starting to get a bit angry after reading a lot of this because i dont understand it myself? Any suggestions ?

Your Case Officer wouldn't need to email anyone...your CO actually makes the decision.

You should know who your CO is by now...they are allocated at the AHC in London approx 1-2 weeks after your application is received (when was your fee to DIAC paid, that is when they received your application?) As the applicant, you are quite entitled to contact your Case Officer directly and find out what is going on wihtout using your agent. Your CO will be able to tell you the current processing time for your application. The timescales you are mentioning sound as though your Agent didn't send the application at all until very recently.

"I am pleased to advise that you have been granted a subclass 309 Provisional Spouse visa."

Applied on the 6th September, been a little bit slow and problematic but really nothing traumatic.

Good timing though, I land on the 28th Jan :D

"I am pleased to advise that you have been granted a subclass 309 Provisional Spouse visa."

Applied on the 6th September, been a little bit slow and problematic but really nothing traumatic.

Good timing though, I land on the 28th Jan :D

Well done! Best of luck with your future adventures! :wink:

Where abouts are you heading?

Oh, who was your CO just out of interest?

I asked my husband to call because he was all ready there. i wasnt sure whether they would give him the details but i was on skype to him when he made the call, i gave him the details and they gave him the info, im starting to get very concerned now, i was also unaware there was a time limit on the police checks or medicals. Im think id better call the emigration people myself and check a few of these things.

Guest Bazinga

All ready where? I'm sorry I'm confused. Did you send you form to be processed in the UK or in Oz? I thought you said UK? I would give Australia House a call. Something just is not adding up. Good luck.

I asked my husband to call because he was all ready there. i wasnt sure whether they would give him the details but i was on skype to him when he made the call, i gave him the details and they gave him the info, im starting to get very concerned now, i was also unaware there was a time limit on the police checks or medicals. Im think id better call the emigration people myself and check a few of these things.

I reckon that's a good plan. Are you sure there's nothing significant about your application - you're definitely applying from the UK and have submitted the application in the UK (i.e. offshore) and not in Australia? Onshore applications do take significantly longer but if you're in the UK now then I guess that's unlikely.

It could just be possible that there have been some crossed wires in communications - when your husband called they might have thought he was enquiring about a visa that had just been submitted - in which case quoting 6 months is their standard response. It could be that your visa might be due to be granted very soon. I hope this is the case for you :smile:

Either way a quick call to your CO yourself should straighten this one out.

Best of luck with everything - I am sure you'll get it straightened out soon!

Well done! Best of luck with your future adventures! :wink:

Where abouts are you heading?

Oh, who was your CO just out of interest?

We'll be spending a bit of time in Canberra initially so my partner can catch up with her friends and all that stuff, then hopefully off to Melbourne. We'll see what happens with finding work :)

CO was PS, I understand he's one of the slower ones but he was helpful when I spoke to him and got it sorted by the date I needed it by so really I can't complain. Perhaps he gets the complicated ones which make him a bit slower :)