calling all 175 applicants.

rach28

Guest TheHollies

Received this email this morning in response to my email to DIAC asking about the 175 Visas.

Thank you for your e-mail about your visa application under Australia’s

General Skilled Migration programme.

You will be aware that the Minister has made an adjustment to Australia’

s migration intake to ensure that the skilled migration program is

responsive to the worsening global economic situation. On 16 March 2009

a revised processing order for applications with identified skills in high

demand took effect. Applications with employer or state or territory

sponsorship continue to receive first priority, then those with business

skills and with an occupation on the Critical Skills List (CSL). The aim

is to improve the skilled migration program so that migrant workers are

meeting skills shortages and not competing with Australian workers for

jobs. The Minister is monitoring the migration intake and will aim to set

the 2009-2010 migration program to reflect the economic climate as part

of the Budget process.

You nominated a skilled occupation that is not on the CSL and your

application is not currently eligible for priority processing. While we

empathise with your circumstances, we are sorry to advise that your

application is not able to be finalised this financial year. Your

application is awaiting allocation to a case officer.

Applications that are currently ineligible for priority processing may be

progressed when the economy returns to growth. Should you be able to

secure employment in Australia, you may wish to consider an employer-

sponsored visa or alternatively seek State or Territory government

nomination. An eligible Australian employer could sponsor you and

guarantee to employ you for a period of time under the Temporary Business

(Subclass 457) visa, the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) or the

Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS).

Applications that are currently ineligible for priority processing may be

progressed when the economy returns to growth.

Dont like the sound of that, 'may be progressed when the economy returns'?? thats a good question, how longs that going to take? :arghh:

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cuba267
Easy to say but you judge those that have gone before you and we have not handed our notices in work but we both turned down premotions because we wanted to be fare and resonable to our employers and lets face it we want good references, we have probably lost £1000 per month in lost wages alone, does the diac have any idea of the problems that this sort of thing causes!

eh? check my status and what i said. haven't gone yet and i didnt judge. dont just quote and reply to get your entry levels up.

eh? check my status and what i said. haven't gone yet and i didnt judge. dont just quote and reply to get your entry levels up.

I meant you as in me! I judge those that have gone before as to how quick they got their Visa's, thanks for the nasty PM though I will treasure it. As for keeping my posts up well I left this site for three months because of nasty responses people like you give to others on here, this is a site for migrating people isnt it? not a playground to bully people your PM was horrid.

i agree with you we have passed up so much sold our house and most of our stuff(hubbys pride and joy split screen van)droped price by 3,000 pound for quick sale as we got a co and our meds and police checks was done so was a case of 2 more months tops or so we belived even down to things like throwing away christmas tree thinking we would by an aussie one lol now we dont know what to do if we go into rnted and go for 6 months contrct and get visa in july what do we do head battered i know its our fault we jumped the gun but who would of expected this just waiting for agent to put in our request for 176 now yet another £200 out of pocket

Why o why do people intend on sending nasty PM's to each other??

At the end of the day we are all trying to achieve the same goal, as i have said before some do it quicker than others and all the best to them, but we will all get there in the end..

Yes it was good to be on the CSL but lets be honest, anyone that was removed last monday didn't really benefit, what i mean by this is they only started looking at our application pile on the 2nd march!!...

Its business as usualy so lets all forget about it before it drives us nuts and try and help each other along this long long long journey..

Why o why do people intend on sending nasty PM's to each other??

At the end of the day we are all trying to achieve the same goal, as i have said before some do it quicker than others and all the best to them, but we will all get there in the end..

Yes it was good to be on the CSL but lets be honest, anyone that was removed last monday didn't really benefit, what i mean by this is they only started looking at our application pile on the 2nd march!!...

Its business as usualy so lets all forget about it before it drives us nuts and try and help each other along this long long long journey..

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\why do people send nasty pms its because they are human & this makes some try to belittle others as they think others have more going for them. They are probabley in younger years the play ground bully & have grown up with no ability to communicate with people other than try to put someone down. I have found nearly all on pio go out of the way to be nice to who ever is asking a question. I myself have found so many friends without faces on here & hope one day to place a face to that name to say thank you for being there when needed.

Guest jane99

:arghh:Absolutely!! Having been through divorce, moving house etc I think this is the most stressful thing i have ever had to cope with. And if anyone else, at work, asks if I have a date yet I think I will SCREAM !!!!! Reading posts that indicates other people feel the same helps just a little. Hang in there everyone!!:arghh:

Well said- this is a very stressful time for everyone-we must support each other through it ( who else understands how everyone is feeling !) :) x

Guest moonlit_valley

Hi,

I've put up an online Google spreadsheet to monitor 175 progresses, CSL and non-CSL. It would mean telling us of your status again, but it would be great if you could go online and share this info. Everyone can edit there own posts, so it should be self-regulating.

Details can be found in this thread...

Thanks

D

we lodged in early september as wel, is it me or does this system stinck ???????

i should say that 85% of people going for a 176 before the new changes in december only went for it cause it was easier than getting a 175 ( ie ielts ) so how can they process them before the 175 applicants when they would have gone for that one cause there's no draw backs at all !!!!!!!!!!!

to me all i think they have done is speed up later applications and delay earlier ones ( ie, my mate lodged for a 176 in november ) and still he's waiting for the visa, but some have lodged this month and got it already !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S NOT RIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!

ps

before anyone gives me stick and starts to defend their 176 application i too have gone for state sponsorship now :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Hi

Yes this is all wrong . We lodged Aug 08 and were requested to do our med & PC pretty much straight away, but we waited until Dec 08. How can the DIAC now say dont do anything irreversible -spending £800 plus is pretty irreversible to us . We waited over a week contacting our agent about changing to a 176 and finally he told us to apply for it . Also if things are being put on hold then why are there still expo's going on and why are they still letting people apply for visa's that are on hold? Surely this is a money spinner. Like a lot of people we have basically put our life on hold . Have had no family support at all , husband was made redundant shortly after his boss found out his plans

"how convienient" . Its pretty rubbish at the moment . Lets hope we all have some good news soon .

Hi All, really good thread if not slightly disheartening. These messages have got me thinking about how much I have let the possible move to Australia influence my major life decisions over the past couple of years and its scary stuff!! I hope we all hear some good news soon. Not sure if people still leaving details but here it goes anyway. xx

Registered Nurse

CSL/Modl - both

Front loaded Medicals / pcc

Online app lodged 3/12/08

A/w co

Status app being processed further - dont think that means diddley squat!!:wacko:

I noticed from another website convering 175 visa progress that it looks like nurses have been getting their CO's even sooner than those in other CSL occupations.

Could DIAC be prioritising not *just* by date of lodgement, but by the occupation as well?

Guest smiler77
I noticed from another website convering 175 visa progress that it looks like nurses have been getting their CO's even sooner than those in other CSL occupations.

Could DIAC be prioritising not *just* by date of lodgement, but by the occupation as well?

personally - no this is not the case- there has been 1 nurse I am aware of on here who lodged end of sept 08 who has a CO, i lodged 2 days later and dont expect a CO for a good while yet. Going by BE update I think we are all in different piles and that is what dictates when we are allocated (though just my humble opinion) the majority of allocations seem to be May applicants at present (and therefore in order of lodgement date). Would happily eat my words if wrong !!

Smiles Tracy ;0)

Guest cuba267

Hi all

Dont want to hog this great thread (and i promise this will be the last time i mention this) but i need to copy and paste a PM i sent to Que Sera Sera. Just wanted to clear the air and prove that i was being neither horrid or a bully.

you shouldn't really suggest in a public forum that i or others are 'judging' people. everyone here is entitled to say what they want as long as its reasonable. you shouldnt be giving off the impression of the 'school teacher' - correcting those who you feel are not saying the right thing.

Otherwise all your good posts (and you have them, i've seen) are getting lost in the perception that you're an addict to this site and your sole aim is to get your post count up. Relax....the person with the most to say is not the person worth listening to.

cuba.

I sent someone a private message as i didnt want it in the public domain. I am not a bully and the message was not written as such. Dont rely on what others tell you.

By the way, and getting back to the good feel of the thread we got notification that we got our case officer today.

So i'm in a very good mood.

Really!!!!!!!

Hi all

Dont want to hog this great thread (and i promise this will be the last time i mention this) but i need to copy and paste a PM i sent to Que Sera Sera. Just wanted to clear the air and prove that i was being neither horrid or a bully.

you shouldn't really suggest in a public forum that i or others are 'judging' people. everyone here is entitled to say what they want as long as its reasonable. you shouldnt be giving off the impression of the 'school teacher' - correcting those who you feel are not saying the right thing.

Otherwise all your good posts (and you have them, i've seen) are getting lost in the perception that you're an addict to this site and your sole aim is to get your post count up. Relax....the person with the most to say is not the person worth listening to.

cuba.

I sent someone a private message as i didnt want it in the public domain. I am not a bully and the message was not written as such. Dont rely on what others tell you.

By the way, and getting back to the good feel of the thread we got notification that we got our case officer today.

So i'm in a very good mood.

Really!!!!!!!

Hey, congratulations on the c/o, good to hear that there's some movement for some people, well done you must be on a real high x

Guest hearty

Occupation Mechanical Engineer

On New CSL

Applied 13th Jul 2008

Meds/Pcc FL 25 Jul 08, Met 21 Mar 09

All documents changed to Met 30 Mar 09

Current Status: CO allocated today 31 Mar 09:wink:

Guest Mark & Tracy W

Hi :smile:

I don't think nurses are getting Visa any quicker. I applied Aug 2008 and have heard nothing from DIAC. I am encouraged hearing that other 175'ers are getting case officers. Good luck to all 175 CSL people :jiggy:

I quote..

Note: applications not on the CSL, or applications

without a successful State or Territory nomination, will be delayed until

those applications which meet the processing priorities are finalised. This

includes those on the Migration Occupations in Demand List (MODL).

and

application is awaiting allocation to a case officer

More hurdles me thinks...:arghh:

I think we on the MODL can honestly forget about 2009 dont you?:cry:

Guest Rickard Family
I quote..

Note: applications not on the CSL, or applications

without a successful State or Territory nomination, will be delayed until

those applications which meet the processing priorities are finalised. This

includes those on the Migration Occupations in Demand List (MODL).

and

application is awaiting allocation to a case officer

More hurdles me thinks...:arghh:

I think we on the MODL can honestly forget about 2009 dont you?

Lets keep our fingers crossed we get SS....could kick myself now knew we wanted QLD all along why oh why didn't we go SS in the first place:arghh:...lol

Lou x

Lets keep our fingers crossed we get SS....could kick myself now knew we wanted QLD all along why oh why didn't we go SS in the first place:arghh:...lol

Lou x

Hi Lou

Just what we bloomin thought...:yes:

Was gonna switch the beginning of Feb, but changed our mind once again after we saw movement with CSL applications...

Lets hope as you say we are rewarded with SS.....

Guest Sebbers
Hi Lou

Just what we bloomin thought...:yes:

Was gonna switch the beginning of Feb, but changed our mind once again after we saw movement with CSL applications...

Lets hope as you say we are rewarded with SS.....

We too were thinking of changing to 176 early January but decided to stick with the 175 because oh trade was not on the sponsorship list for Queensland, I really could kick myself now, lets hope we don't have to wait too much longer for a decision.

Jen

We too were thinking of changing to 176 early January but decided to stick with the 175 because oh trade was not on the sponsorship list for Queensland, I really could kick myself now, lets hope we don't have to wait too much longer for a decision.

Jen

Hi Jen,

So if your hubbys occupation wasnt on the sponser list in January for Queensland, have you had to change states? :unsure:

What has made you go sponsered now, if you dont mind me asking?

Archived