calling all 175 applicants.

rach28

I'm shocked you think I'm having a go at you, you could not be more wrong. Just because I'm not swept up in all this hysteria thats going on at the moment does not mean I'm having a go at people who are.... All I'm saying is we must deal in fact and not rumour's..Remenber the csl did not exsist last year so why panic because you are no longer on it?

It is alright i have posted myself thinking it sounds okay then I get bad post back as people have interperated it the wrong way so I appoligise for thinking that way.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is alright i have posted myself thinking it sounds okay then I get bad post back as people have interperated it the wrong way so I appoligise for thinking that way.

Kirk & Co

Im behind what you say 100%...

You may aswell go with what the best options are on the table, its the ones that dont that get left behind..

Theres no point beating about the bush when the best option gets you to your dream quicker..Its not normal for folk to sit around and wait for something that they really want is it??

Yes the CSL is new but the fact is anyone on the list is priority...

Like SS and ES once they do finaly move onto the rest of us, CSL applicants will still have priority..That will be 3 batches of applications that get CO's allocated within 10 days, and you know what pile will be dropped dont you, the one with your application in!!

There will always be people applying in the top 3 set, and anyone new will probably always go for SS if not on the CSL!

I'm sad to see the good feeling in this thread evaporating, so far it's been the best. Now that the dust has settled I wonder if it is possible to get it back on track and track the progress now beig made with the new CSL.

My details haven't changed.

175 visa lodged March 2009

CSL & MODL (Computing Professional)

Jules

Guest funkzig
:tongue:

Sorry to sound so doubtful , but this 176 sounds too good to be true. Does any one know if you have to work in your particular trade? As you already know you can do whatever job on a 175. I just cannot get my head round the fact that you can just jump the queue on this 176 visa. Of course I understand the reasons why people are changing to it . thanks

Hi there

I dont think it is too good to be true, you simply have the national priorities (CSL List) vs. state priorities (State List) and at the moment they aren't in synch. I guess you could look at it as jumping the queue, but I see it as changing ones strategy to suit the change in the government's!

Of course these State skill priorities could change at any time just like the national priorities have, eg remove the 'trade' skills from their lists too but in the meantime, I think that by applying for a 176 its a sensible way of 'hedging your bets' .

As someone else said, your 175 still stands right up to the point when you get State Sponsorship, then you can change to a 176. To my knowledge you are expected to work for 2 years in the state and it doesnt have to be in the trade you apply under (just like the standard 175).

Cheers

Funkzig

Guest rohith122

CSL/MODL? : Nope!

Date applied : 20 July 2008

Meds/PCCs : Not yet!!

Current Status : Waiting! Waiting! Waiting! Waiting! Waiting! Waiting! Waiting!

So can any tell me when to expect a CO,

Regards

I'm sad to see the good feeling in this thread evaporating, so far it's been the best. Now that the dust has settled I wonder if it is possible to get it back on track and track the progress now being made with the new CSL.

Jules

Me too on both counts - It seems to have turned into a 'switching to 176' thread and bears no resemblence to the original thread.

Guest sazzle76
I thought it may be an idea to start a thread for everyone who has applied for a 175 visa. Since January and new rules and priorities being but in place, nobody has any idea of a time line for the issue of the 175 and it seems to be a very frequently asked question.

So thought if we all put are details on one thread it will give some indication to others and hope for the rest of us. And we will all be able to see how the 175 is moving.

So i will go first

Occupation plasterer

csl/modl? on csl and modl

date applied 14th November 2008

meds/pcc front loaded both

current status awaiting co

Rachael

Occupation Panel Beater

MODL

Applied Nov 2008

Meds/PC Jan 2009

Then found out about new priorities and DIC informed our Meds are likely to run out b4 case officer assigned :o(

QLD SS applied Feb 2009

Guest sanpas

Hi All,,

I've checked the status today morning also.

still.... waiting... waiting....

any1 has a good news???

Guest sanpas

Hi All,,

I've checked the status today morning also.

still.... waiting... waiting....

any1 has a good news???

Guest elli78

Hi, Any news anyone? My status says "application being processed further", but I think it's because I am an accountant and someone has looked at my IELTS test so I can get the CSL priority. I have not gotten an e-mail saying I have a case officer. Anyone? Thanks!

Guest melanie marriott

hi

it took us from Nov 07 to the visas being granted two weeks ago early March 09, long process but worth the wait, all docs are now down in OZ house London, got to acctivate by the 25/12/09, then up to 5 years to move ! no rush ! lots to sort out here, that's if we decide to move with the current world financial slump ! and finding a suitable job or buisness

mel

Hi, Any news anyone? My status says "application being processed further", but I think it's because I am an accountant and someone has looked at my IELTS test so I can get the CSL priority. I have not gotten an e-mail saying I have a case officer. Anyone? Thanks!

It means your file has been passed to a case officer, he or she may not actually be looking at it because it could be in a big pile but it does mean that they are either looking at it or are going to look at it. We got to that stage and cruelly had it ripped from is as the Oh was removed from the CSL.:cry:

Enjoy as it can't be long now you lucky blighter!:biglaugh:

It means your file has been passed to a case officer, he or she may not actually be looking at it because it could be in a big pile but it does mean that they are either looking at it or are going to look at it. We got to that stage and cruelly had it ripped from is as the Oh was removed from the CSL.:cry:

Enjoy as it can't be long now you lucky blighter!:biglaugh:

Hi

I dont think it means you have a CO....I rang DAIC lastweek and the person that dealt with my call looked at my file, the next day when i checked my status it said processing further..

I think due to the ILETS enquiry they just assessed his file...

175 visa

occupation carpenter was on csl now off it so maybe get there by next year now

lodged dec 08 meds feb 09

gutted as was expecting it in may now wont even be looked at till least july and then in queue house on market and house for sale and no australia near future want to cry

175 visa

gutted as was expecting it in may now wont even be looked at till least july and then in queue house on market and house for sale and no australia near future want to cry

Hi

You thought about trying for SS to help speed up your process??

175 visa

So know how you feel, we lodged in September and we thought we would be bound to have Visa by end of July and when the lease is up on our house, we have sold ours already and took on a six months lease and thought we could leave in the school holidays we had already got a case officer and everything its really hard not to get down about it.

So know how you feel, we lodged in September and we thought we would be bound to have Visa by end of July and when the lease is up on our house, we have sold ours already and took on a six months lease and thought we could leave in the school holidays we had already got a case officer and everything its really hard not to get down about it.

we lodged in early september as wel, is it me or does this system stinck ???????

i should say that 85% of people going for a 176 before the new changes in december only went for it cause it was easier than getting a 175 ( ie ielts ) so how can they process them before the 175 applicants when they would have gone for that one cause there's no draw backs at all !!!!!!!!!!!

to me all i think they have done is speed up later applications and delay earlier ones ( ie, my mate lodged for a 176 in november ) and still he's waiting for the visa, but some have lodged this month and got it already !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S NOT RIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!

ps

before anyone gives me stick and starts to defend their 176 application i too have gone for state sponsorship now :biglaugh::biglaugh:

My daughter lives in Brisbane and Queenland do not sponser his profession so it was a no go for us and it just keeps me apart from my daughter longer, some with 176's have not even sold their houses I did 2 months ago so I am ready to go at any time its such as unfair system, there are loads and loads of job advertised in my OH line of work so its really annoying.

Guest massagh
My daughter lives in Brisbane and Queenland do not sponser his profession so it was a no go for us and it just keeps me apart from my daughter longer, some with 176's have not even sold their houses I did 2 months ago so I am ready to go at any time its such as unfair system, there are loads and loads of job advertised in my OH line of work so its really annoying.

Hi

We are in the same position. We want to go to Melbourne, but bricklayers are not on the Victoria sponsorship list. Even though most of the jobs on Seek are for Melbourne.

Sooo Frustrating :arghh:

We have our heart set on moving to Melbourne and have no other option but to sit and wait. We wouldn't even mind waiting if we had an actual date to go by, but it is the not knowing that is the worst. Well that and having to explain to everyone why we are still here. lol

When the CSL first came into play we rented our house, sold off most of our large furniture and really went through the kids things and got rid of alot of stuff as we were moing into my Mum & Dads (temp. measure)

Now we have no idea of how temp this measure will be. Living with Mum & Dad isn't even the problem but I feel really bad for the kids as they have given away most of their things. Both our children have birthdays in a few weeks, my son has just learnt to ride his bike and really wants a "Big Boys Bike" for is birthday and how an I tell him that he has to wait until we get to Australia in ???????????? weeks/months/years? time.

We do realise that we just have to get on with our lives as best we can, although I can't help feeling that we are wishing our and the kids life away.

When we were on the CSL we were so happy but really felt for those who weren't. Little did we know that our joy would be short lived and be replaced by pure suspense.

Good luck to everyone lucky enough to be still on the magical CSL and do whatever your C.O asks as quickly as you can so that they can move on to the rest of us. lol

All The Best

Sharon :rolleyes:

what a shame for you all it is frustrating all the planning and organising and telling eceryone going soon then all sudden no we are not ah sorry fed up been ongoing from start now for 14 months so may work out well over 2 years from start visa to end good luck

Guest dave&jancook

Hi, Good Idea

We are in same boat, have been advised to change to 176 Visa as they say we would get it through quicker!!!!

Date applied : Apr 08

Meds/PCCs : Not yet!! Practical test 9/4/09

Current Status : er..Waiting Sooooo Frustrating!!!!

Hey you lot..

We are also early lodgies...August 2008 to be precise, we also thought we'd be done and dusted by now..Infact got flights booked for august this year which is when we wanted to validate..

But this aint the case so you gotta keep on living your life here until you get the visa granted...

Heres a quote directly from DIAC..

In the meantime DIAC request applicants do not take any irreversible action such as resigning from employment, selling property or purchasing flights before your visas are granted as at no time are they able to confirm applications will be successful or when an application will be finalised.

Guest cuba267

hi sharon

i think everyone should read your entry there......really, we should not trust any of the process and just wait 'til we know for definate. Really feel for your position there.

hi sharon

i think everyone should read your entry there......really, we should not trust any of the process and just wait 'til we know for definate. Really feel for your position there.

Easy to say but you judge those that have gone before you and we have not handed our notices in work but we both turned down premotions because we wanted to be fare and resonable to our employers and lets face it we want good references, we have probably lost £1000 per month in lost wages alone, does the diac have any idea of the problems that this sort of thing causes!

Archived