calling all 175 applicants.

rach28

Guest moonlit_valley
I quote..

Note: applications not on the CSL, or applications

without a successful State or Territory nomination, will be delayed until

those applications which meet the processing priorities are finalised. This

includes those on the Migration Occupations in Demand List (MODL).

and

You nominated a skilled occupation that is not on the CSL and your

application is not currently eligible for priority processing. While we

empathise with your circumstances, we are sorry to advise that your

application is not able to be finalised this financial year. Your

application is awaiting allocation to a case officer

More hurdles me thinks...:arghh:

I think we on the MODL can honestly forget about 2009 dont you?:cry:

I'm not sure. If you look at the spreadsheet, there are two applicants with *recent* MODLs milestones reached, one with a CO and the other with a VISA.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest moonlit_valley
Hi Jen,

So if your hubbys occupation wasnt on the sponser list in January for Queensland, have you had to change states? :unsure:

What has made you go sponsored now, if you don't mind me asking?

They came out with a new list at the beginning of March. My profession wasn't on the old list but is on the new. We too would have probably gone 176 if it was, back in Jan. My concern is people in my nominated occupation are (despite being on the CSL) still going 176 to get in quicker, and decreasing the overall need for people in my profession. This may then result in my profession being taken off the CSL, by which time it will be too late to go on 176 because the overall desperation for people to do the job is gone. We're on the CSL, supposedly a priority list, but I really feel like we're gambling at the moment. It's a really silly state of affairs.

They came out with a new list at the beginning of March. My profession wasn't on the old list but is on the new. We too would have probably gone 176 if it was, back in Jan. My concern is people in my nominated occupation are (despite being on the CSL) still going 176 to get in quicker, and decreasing the overall need for people in my profession. This may then result in my profession being taken off the CSL, by which time it will be too late to go on 176 because the overall desperation for people to do the job is gone. We're on the CSL, supposedly a priority list, but I really feel like we're gambling at the moment. It's a really silly state of affairs.

Oh I see, thanks for clearing that up. :yes:

If your 176 applications dont go through though, you do still have your 175 applications to fall back on, dont you?

Guest moonlit_valley
Oh I see, thanks for clearing that up. :yes:

If your 176 applications dont go through though, you do still have your 175 applications to fall back on, dont you?

We're not on 176, we're on 175. When the new list came out, we thought we'd just stick with the 175 CSL. That's why I feel like we're gambling. Will the number of allocated spaces for professions on the CSL actually get snapped up by people on the 176?

Guest moonlit_valley

That's just silly. They've got it wrong, whoever came up with the priority rules. Anyone on the CSL is on a state sponsorship list. I can go on a 176 and push back other CSL applicants even further.

Its just getting silly. Starting to wonder what will happen in July ? Worried if I dont get sponsorship for some reason..wonder how long we all will actually end up waiting !! I suppose it all depends on the recession...:(

Guest moonlit_valley

Hi all,

I have added another column to the 176 spreadsheet, that reflects if the applicant has moved from 175 to 176. It would be great if you could update your entry.

Should make an interesting read.

Thanks.

Drew

we are now thinking of trying our hardest to get an employer sponcership for oh in carpentry and wait on 175 to come in then validate by just going to new zealand . hopefully get a sponcer. the 176 wont work for us as hart set on melbourne and cant get carpenrty 176 state sponcer . good luck everyone. does anyone no roughly when the 175 visas will be processed?

Guest annemarie and brian
Occupation Mechanical Engineer

On New CSL

Applied 13th Jul 2008

Meds/Pcc FL 25 Jul 08, Met 21 Mar 09

All documents changed to Met 30 Mar 09

Current Status: CO allocated today 31 Mar 09:wink:

CONGRATULATIONS!! on your C/O not long now then.

Guest Tatiana

I applied on 04/02/2008 175 e-lodged, my hubby is in the CSL and Modl and we've already sent EVERYTHING that could be required. After almost 14 months waiting, last week the status in the website changed to " application being processed further" but we're still waiting, not sure if we already have a co...anyone knows by any chance what it means??

many thanks

tat

Guest sanpas

Hi All,

My status has been changed as "Application being processed further". Also the status of the some documents in the Document Checklist has been changed as "Met".

Does any one knows the meaning of this?

Guest Tatiana
Hi All,

My status has been changed as "Application being processed further". Also the status of the some documents in the Document Checklist has been changed as "Met".

Does any one knows the meaning of this?

I'd say that you are getting your visa very very soon. I was told that when it changes to " met", it means that you already have co! Congrats!

When did you apply and when did it change to " application being process further" ?:biggrin:

Guest Tatiana
Tatiana,

It has been changed on yesterday. :-))

you mean it changed to " application being processed further" also also "met"?

Mine changed last week but still " required"...I'm sooooo angry :wacko:

When did you apply? Is it 175 e-lodged?

Again congrats and I'm sure very soon you'll have your visa granted :rolleyes:

Guest sanpas

Hi..

The status of some documents in the Document Checklist has been changed as "Met", except one, and it is the "Evidence of work experience" which has a status of "Further checking required".

Does anyone knows the meaning of "Met" and "Further checking required"?

Guest Sebbers
Hi Jen,

So if your hubbys occupation wasnt on the sponser list in January for Queensland, have you had to change states? :unsure:

What has made you go sponsered now, if you dont mind me asking?

Hi,

Yes we've had to change states, reasons for changing now namely the lack of information available regarding processing of 175 modl applications, our agent advised was best to change now and also the fact that processing times for 176 visas are quicker.

Jen

• 2 weeks later...
Guest m4sanjay

I have applied online on 08/09/2008 for skilled migration under 2231-79

Computer professional which is also in CSL from India.

I then got married on 04/02/2009 . My spouse is actually on student visa already in Australia since 21 months.Recently i have added her as my dependent with Change in circumstances form. My question is :

1. In online status page i can download my health forms but i cannot see link

for my spouse(dependent). How do i get health form 160EH and 26EH for her?

2. Will CO ask for her medical exams as she is already in Australia? Kindly

help.

guys, it seems like DIAC isn't actually assigning CO according to lodgement date. i'm 175 CSL in Electronics (2125-13) have yet being allocated a CO until today but some other CSL that applied after me have been allocated a CO. don't you guys notice this trend?

Guest morgansashadog
I thought it may be an idea to start a thread for everyone who has applied for a 175 visa. Since January and new rules and priorities being but in place, nobody has any idea of a time line for the issue of the 175 and it seems to be a very frequently asked question.

So thought if we all put are details on one thread it will give some indication to others and hope for the rest of us. And we will all be able to see how the 175 is moving.

So i will go first

Occupation plasterer

csl/modl? on csl and modl

date applied 14th November 2008

meds/pcc front loaded both

current status awaiting co

Rachael

Hi. Adding our timelines

Occupation: General Eletrician. Passed Vetassess 19th Feb. 175 Visa Application lodged on line on 22/03/09. Have receipt for payment but have heard nothing since. It would be great to know how long before we will be allocated a case officer. We haven't done police checks or meds as it says not to until you get a case officer. With the recent government changes on the trades list (we're on MODL) do you think this will delay the visa process and when it get's issued?

Any info would be very useful. Thanks. Lee.

Hi. Adding our timelines

Occupation: General Eletrician. Passed Vetassess 19th Feb. 175 Visa Application lodged on line on 22/03/09. Have receipt for payment but have heard nothing since. It would be great to know how long before we will be allocated a case officer. We haven't done police checks or meds as it says not to until you get a case officer. With the recent government changes on the trades list (we're on MODL) do you think this will delay the visa process and when it get's issued?

Any info would be very useful. Thanks. Lee.

Hi Lee

Welcome to PIO...

Didn't you consider applying for SS AND SUBMITTING A 176 VISA??

Most of us tradies have now switched over to the 176 and are in the process of waiting for SS..

Afraid to say no one can tell you when a 175 application not on the CSL will be looked at, we applied August 2008 but still havn't been processed!!!

Heres link for info reagarding visa processing and priority changes effective 16/3/09.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/whats-new.htm#i

Archived