calling all 175 applicants.

rach28

Guest mark&robyn

Hi,

That's what we are doing too!

Got WHV's & planning on going April - only submitted 175 in Feb so slightly concerned WHV will run out before visa granted.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest eurosyl
Hi,

That's what we are doing too!

Got WHV's & planning on going April - only submitted 175 in Feb so slightly concerned WHV will run out before visa granted.

You could plan for a 2nd WHV by doing some work that makes you eligible for that.

Sylvia

Guest asrais

It's a bit odd, but hearing that someone else is doing the same thing (WHV) has made me feel alot better about it. Thanks Mark&Robyn :hug:

I really feel for all those peeps that have recently had their plans thrown into turmoil :sad: big hugs to you all xx:hug:

Are there any of us that are still on CSL still awaiting a CO or Visa on 175?? There doesn't seem to have been anyone posting to say they have a CO or visa since last week...

Guest Dionne and Rickie

I think we are going to ride out the 175 there is not a lot else we can do, we want to go to Sydney as OH works on the underground here and needs to carry on in that line of work. We looked into state sponsership and we dont think its for us as they give you post codes as to where you can and cant live and obviously they want you to live out in the sticks, wich is way to far for him to travel to work every day (our quality of life is soposed to be better).

We are still waiting for our agent to get back to us and see if there is another way round it, but i dont think so. Could this be the end of our dream?:arghh:

Guest sair999

Think we are going to ride it out too. We are still on the CSL list(OH gas fitter) so I think it is just a matter of waiting. Our agent stated it can take up to 9 weeks to get state sponsorship which nearly takes us up to the end of May anyway. They told us to sit tight all the time our trade is on the CSL.

Our visa application went in on the 11th December 08.

Guest mark&robyn

After talking to immigration they have suggested we stay on 175. He said it is still the best visa to have.

We are now not on csl either but the guy I spoke to said he thought 175 would be processed within the year.

That's fine for us as got WHV so can still go over!

Guest Dionne and Rickie

We spoke to agent about 176 sponserd NSW and electrician special class are not wanted but he seems to think they are in Queensland wich is where i wanted to go in the first place so just waiting for him to get back to us then it will be all systems go for 176. Just thought i would keep you all up dated...

We spoke to agent about 176 sponserd NSW and electrician special class are not wanted but he seems to think they are in Queensland wich is where i wanted to go in the first place so just waiting for him to get back to us then it will be all systems go for 176. Just thought i would keep you all up dated...

Hi guys

Just sent you a PM on Qsld state sponsorship..

Weve submitted our forms today..

We have been told we have to wait for Diac to approve the change over from 175 to 176 before we can complete an application for 176, So we are waiting for the go ahead!

Hi Dawny

Have you submitted for state sponsorship yet??

Not sure what you mean with post, our agent says we can change no problem??:unsure:

Hope so as i've put a damn big case together for Qsld about where we want to live, even supplied shipping quotes we got done at beginning of year to show Qsld was our desired choice before the changes...

Hi Dawny

Not sure what you mean with post, our agent says we can change no problem??:unsure:

Hope so as i've put a damn big case together for Qsld about where we want to live, even supplied shipping quotes we got done at beginning of year to show Qsld was our desired choice before the changes...

We have told agent which state, she said fine and needed to contact Diac? So now i have no blimmin idea what she is talking about Ergh why is nothing simple.. Any body have an idea what we should do now apart from ringing agent in the morning, Please ... x

We have told agent which state, she said fine and needed to contact Diac? So now i have no blimmin idea what she is talking about Ergh why is nothing simple.. Any body have an idea what we should do now apart from ringing agent in the morning, Please ... x

If i were you id give them a call, our agent did a u turn and advised us monday to change visa..

Sent us forms tuesday and i've returned them all today with extra letter and evidence showing we have researched area we want to move to...

Agent sending all this week...Like i said never said anything about not being able to change???

If i were you id give them a call, our agent did a u turn and advised us monday to change visa..

Sent us forms tuesday and i've returned them all today with extra letter and evidence showing we have researched area we want to move to...

Agent sending all this week...Like i said never said anything about not being able to change???

Thanks for the info, now i guess we will be delayed because of the weekend, And to think we thought using an agent would make this easier!!!!!

Thanks for the info, now i guess we will be delayed because of the weekend, And to think we thought using an agent would make this easier!!!!!

No problem Dawny....:wink:

After all us 175 peeps need to stick together and help each other through this nighmare of a processing time...:yes:

Guest sarah&pieman
No problem Dawny....

After all us 175 peeps need to stick together and help each other through this nighmare of a processing time...quote]

HI,:sad:

God this is depressing to think everyone is in the same boat and you pay all that money out, especially in this tight recession.

I know this will be a long ride, but my best way to deal with it is to put it to one side and carry on saving and remember good things come to those who wait.

I remember when we booked a holiday to florida 18 months in advance so we could save up and pay off as we went along, we couldn't wait - it was such a long time away.... well before you know it .. it was here and gone. and that holiday was nearly a year ago. this visa process i think is similar, even though it does'nt feel like it at the moment but it will be here in no time.

The more we focus on it, the more it will draggggggggggggg!

I'm trying to be positive for ourselves and everyone on here because belive me it's totaly s***.:arghh:

Sarah & Simon.

TRA Lodged 09/12/08, passed 28/12/08, Visa Lodged online 16/01/09

Guest Mark & Tracy W

i agree, sarah&pieman,

well said, goodluck to all those waiting it will happen. think of the people you can spend time with before you go as it wont be as easy to see them when you have gone. we need to stay positive and for this not to rule too much of our lives.....lol... xx

Guest sanpas

Hi... I am from Sri Lanka

Another one for you Rach :-))

CSL / MODL: Both

Date lodged: 15/08/08 (E-Lodged)

Pc's / Meds: Not ye

Status: Waiting..........Waiting..........Waiting..........Waiting !!!

This is a great thread Rach, keep it going...

Thx

Guest Rickard Family

Hi

How much is it costing to change from the 175 to the 176?......more money:arghh: great!

still in shock about it all, don't you sometimes feel it's one brick wall after another, emailed my agent in OZ 3 days ago about this still not heard anything!....maybe we're just not mean't to go!:unsure:

thanks

Lou x

Hi

How much is it costing to change from the 175 to the 176?......more money:arghh: great!

still in shock about it all, don't you sometimes feel it's one brick wall after another, emailed my agent in OZ 3 days ago about this still not heard anything!....maybe we're just not mean't to go!:unsure:

thanks

Lou x

When I did it £0.00 but it might have changed ?

Guest Rickard Family

:eek:....£0.00 blimey you been there could be something in this process that doesn't cost anything....here's hoping!

thanks for that!

lou x

Guest 2pigs3piglets
Hi Dawny

hi there i told my agent that i had done about 4 a4 pieces of paper explaining where and why and job app,s and she said there is to much info and minimised it all,

im getting worried know, what if our case isn't good enough.

Guest Sebbers
hi there i told my agent that i had done about 4 a4 pieces of paper explaining where and why and job app,s and she said there is to much info and minimised it all,

Well if it's any consolation our agent told us to keep it brief and to the point which is exactly what I did, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Jen

[quote name=sarah&pieman;

HI' date=':sad:

God this is depressing to think everyone is in the same boat and you pay all that money out, especially in this tight recession.

I know this will be a long ride, but my best way to deal with it is to put it to one side and carry on saving and remember good things come to those who wait.

I remember when we booked a holiday to florida 18 months in advance so we could save up and pay off as we went along, we couldn't wait - it was such a long time away.... well before you know it .. it was here and gone. and that holiday was nearly a year ago. this visa process i think is similar, even though it does'nt feel like it at the moment but it will be here in no time.

The more we focus on it, the more it will draggggggggggggg!

I'm trying to be positive for ourselves and everyone on here because belive me it's totaly s***.:arghh:

Sarah & Simon.

TRA Lodged 09/12/08, passed 28/12/08, Visa Lodged online 16/01/09

Really well said- Thanks- that does help. Been thinking the same today- concentrating now on selling unwanted stuff on ebay and saving as much as poss, especially if we cant get work out there straight away !! When I booked my wedding it was a wait of 20 mths, seemed forever but it flew by and that was 8 months ago now ! I think we have to try and stay positive even if its hard !!

Hi T&A

ON YOUR MARKS GET SET GO!!!

First round to whoever losers!!!!

Come on Qsld....

C&C

Archived