calling all 175 applicants.

rach28

Guest elli78

My visa was granted today! My visa was granted straight away - I never heard from my case officer. So so happy when I got my approval letter. Good luck to everyone!! x

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My visa was granted today! My visa was granted straight away - I never heard from my case officer. So so happy when I got my approval letter. Good luck to everyone!! x

Congratulations on the visa grant and all the best for the new life in OZ..:jiggy:

Just noticed you applied day before us.....

Guest aspirants

Hi All,

I am new to this forum. Needed advice on my case. Timelines are as noted below.

My agent informed DIAC that my application is under CSL only during late March 09, and hence i have not been allocated a CO till date! On request, our agent has lodged a PLE enquiring about the status, but not recieved a reply till now.

Wanted to know if there is any process as to when DIAC would pick the missed applications as in my case.

Any help or information is appreciated.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 08 175 applicant| CSL and MODL list(Computing professional)|

Online applicant through agent| PCC and Meds on 23 March 09

hi all finally looking up got state sponsor today from qld changed visa to 176 had a co before was pulled from csl so hopefully now got ss they will pick up where we left off fingers crossed maybe have visa very soon hopefully as we have sold house and are ready to go yeeeea. angie.

good luck to everyone else things moving now.

175 visa submited 28/08/2008 meds done 16/10/08 co 14/3/09 acc ss 3/4/09 granted ss 23/04/09

hi all finally looking up got state sponsor today from qld changed visa to 176 had a co before was pulled from csl so hopefully now got ss they will pick up where we left off fingers crossed maybe have visa very soon hopefully as we have sold house and are ready to go yeeeea. angie.

good luck to everyone else things moving now.

175 visa submited 28/08/2008 meds done 16/10/08 co 14/3/09 acc ss 3/4/09 granted ss 23/04/09

Hi Angie

Ignore the PM..

Congrats for you and Martin!!!:jiggy:Your SS came in pretty quick...

i know w ehad give up hope of geting there this year i hope visa gets granted as quick its going to be another stressful 2 weeks waiting and checking we thought we would be over the moon when ss came but it just feels like 1 less hurdle and another one waiting were on pins in case they change anything again now we have changed to 176

i know w ehad give up hope of geting there this year i hope visa gets granted as quick its going to be another stressful 2 weeks waiting and checking we thought we would be over the moon when ss came but it just feels like 1 less hurdle and another one waiting were on pins in case they change anything again now we have changed to 176

How long were you waiting for SS??

Guest elaineyc

:hug: CONGRATULATIONS !!! elli78

hope you have a great life in oz.

I lodged the month after you and got visa on 22/04/09. So exciting is'nt it ?

Its great to hear of people getting their visa's now.

xx elaineyc

Guest bshootz

Hi all, we applied april 08,case officer 27.02.09 meds sent 27.03.09 and pcc sent 20.04.09, as paper based not sure what our status is, is there anyway of finding out, no agent either, or is it a case of ..............waiting.

Beckyx

Guest nicola1234

Hi all.

We have only just submitted our 175 visa through our agent (17th April 2009). Im guessing we are in for a long wait by all the messages I have just read. I read in a magazine that they are not looking at anymore applications until after July as they have cut the quotas, is this correct? Does anyone have an idea at how long it will take until we are assigned a case officer and things get moving?

Very interesting thread to keep everyone up to date with each others experiences.

Good luck to everyone who is waiting.

Nicola & Sean

Hi all, we applied april 08,case officer 27.02.09 meds sent 27.03.09 and pcc sent 20.04.09, as paper based not sure what our status is, is there anyway of finding out, no agent either, or is it a case of ..............waiting.

Beckyx

Hi Becky

You can check the status of your application online even if paper based, you just need to know your TRN which you should have got when you got conformation of payment.

Heres link for checking status..

Check the progress of an application

Or you can send a post lodgement enquiry to DIAC to find out the status from here..

Contact Us - Department of Immigration and Citizenship

Goodluck.

Hi all.

We have only just submitted our 175 visa through our agent (17th April 2009). Im guessing we are in for a long wait by all the messages I have just read. I read in a magazine that they are not looking at anymore applications until after July as they have cut the quotas, is this correct? Does anyone have an idea at how long it will take until we are assigned a case officer and things get moving?

Very interesting thread to keep everyone up to date with each others experiences.

Good luck to everyone who is waiting.

Nicola & Sean

Hi Guys

Have a look at these links regarding skilled migration changes...

Government cuts migration program

and

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/faq.pdf

Hi Becky

You can check the status of your application online even if paper based, you just need to know your TRN which you should have got when you got conformation of payment.

Heres link for checking status..

Check the progress of an application

Or you can send a post lodgement enquiry to DIAC to find out the status from here..

Contact Us - Department of Immigration and Citizenship

Goodluck.

Hi York

I don't think persons who applied paper can check there status from Check the progress of an application, Since I applied paperbase I dnt have any TRN number on my acknowledgement letter.

Please advise if you can help....

cheers

Budwal

• 4 weeks later...
Guest namecaesar

This is a nice thread. I can't understand why people stopped response here? be awake friends. DIAC is processing Dec 2008 applications now.

This is a nice thread. I can't understand why people stopped response here? be awake friends. DIAC is processing Dec 2008 applications now.

I agree this was a great thread... But... then the DIAC changed everything in March and a lot of us have now changed over to the 176 visa. Infact, Rach who started this thread has now got her visa granted, but not with the 175 but with the 176 SS visa...

So, due to all the changes perhaps it might be better to start a new thread for those people who remain on the 175, cause this one is quite complicated now and very very long...:wub:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Martaid15

Hi just a quick update to say we've got a case officer was contacted on 02/06/09.

Registered Nurse on CSL

Applied 175 online 18/12/08

Just organising our meds now, fingers crossed!!

• 2 months later...
Guest Midlanders

Hi all

Process started end Oct 08

175 lodged 17th June 09

Decided to appy for SS in WA 28th July 09 - dont know how long the wait will be

Other half Carpenter

Want to be out of uk hopefully by the end of the year, or lastest first few months of 10... Hopefully will get my volentry redundancy and will be so happy then

Judy & Darren... No kids going with us

hi

oh is a boilermaker. passes tra july 2009

was on csl but now removed only on MODL

applied online for 175 on 7 aug 2009

thinking of applying for nsw off list nomination. want to be in newcastle nsw.

i am newly qualified midwife, cant apply on my points tho, not got the experience req. so it will probably be a long old wait for us, at least ill have the exp i need by then. ha ha

Guest namecaesar
hi

oh is a boilermaker. passes tra july 2009

was on csl but now removed only on MODL

applied online for 175 on 7 aug 2009

thinking of applying for nsw off list nomination. want to be in newcastle nsw.

i am newly qualified midwife, cant apply on my points tho, not got the experience req. so it will probably be a long old wait for us, at least ill have the exp i need by then. ha ha

If your destination is not fixed, your OH may apply for other state offlist nominations too like WA. Each state can take only 500 offlist applicants. So, applying more than one state may increase your chances, isn't it?

Guest Granada

I have read somewhere that CSL 175 applications are on hold till September.

Does anybody know if there is any truth in this?

I know its only a few weeks but it would be handy to know for sure :unsure:

Many thanks

Jen x

Archived