NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

Oh how could I forget, the nightmare transcripts. Get the uni to provide a full breakdown for Ahpra, some registration advisors are kool, some demand not just the hours of theory and practical but module by module...like my lovely registration advisor, save drama by telling the uni that it must be module by module, you may as well seeing you're paying for it. They send it directly to Ahpra

I applied in early November and entered the country last feb (26) and I was registered three weeks later. This was during ahpras busiest time. My friend applied in jan and was registered for march. If your gf has a post, call Ahpra and tell them, they'll fast track you like if you were in the country.

:)

Hi there, congrats on getting your registrations, must take a weight off! Can any of you who have your regs advise on what to submit for CPD - I'm a bit confused as NMBA site suggests a statutory declaration is sufficient but it seems most people send evidence aswell? If anyone could clarify I'd be very grateful. Thankyou, and good luck to all applying :biggrin:

Hi perthsunseeker.

I typed up a list of hours completed, mandatory and online,with dates a note that said what i gained from each session, so say i did an online blood transfusion training session, i put, From this session i gained updated knowledge of local and national updates in safe and effective blood tranfusion.

They accepted this for AHPRA, who are apparently slightly pickier than the NMBA.

Good luck Tx

I completed my 4 yrs bachelor of science in nursing overseas and passed my OET exam but don't have any experience can anybody suggest me how can i get australian registered nurse license.... Do i have to do my bachelor degree again in australia? Any information will be appreciated thanx

Hello everyone , i am in big dillemma now, i completed my 4 years bachelor of science in nursing overseas and passed my OET exam as well but dont have any experience ..is there any short course that i can do that will lead me to australian registered nurse license? Or do i have to do my bachelor degree again in australia ..any information will b appreciated thanx

Hey there :)

I'm new to this wonderful site so not sure I am posting in the right section.. apologies if i'm not ;)

I have been here in Oz now for 2 years, I'm 26 and have just decided what I would like to do with my life... I think I would love to become a nurse - looking after children or a Midwife and I just want some advice whether it would be better for me stay here and do the studying or to go back to England?? I'm really not sure, so any advice would be really helpful. I am currently on a 457 as a de facto and living in Sydney!

Thanks you :)

Adele x

Cmakaju

I think that you will need to get some post grad experience, not sure how it would work otherwise with registration, from AHPRA as you need a reference from and employer and if you go for skill assessment they need references, although i guess you could get references from mentors on placements, contact AHPRA direct and they should be able to answer your questions, and as they are the horses mouth so to speak what they say should be exactly what they will be looking for. Good Luck in this virtually minefield. xx

Does a nurse still need an ANMAC assessment even though she/he has AHPRA registration?

I may be wrong and someone can correct me :) but I'm pretty sure it depends on the visa. ANMC skills assesment is a requirement of DIAC when applying for a PR visa.

Its not a requirement for a sponsored employer 4year visa.